DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by Lucid, May 3, 2017.

1. Obimpeh

Obimpeh Member

Ah Kojo, is your wife the principal applicant or yourself? And does she need all that if she is only a derivative? Am asking all these because I am not submitting any educational document for my wife who is a derivative.

2. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

He said wife is PA (principal applicant)

3. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

@Obimpeh my wife is the principal applicant. She was selected in the lottery hence my concern.

4. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Yes Susie

5. Obimpeh

Obimpeh Member

Ah sorry, my bad... thanks Sue

6. SusieQQQ

SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

I wasn’t sure if you got the abbreviation, they sometimes confuse newer members ;)

7. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

Looks like that is a note to US educational institutions, concerning student admissions.
    I believe the embassy has another way of verifying with waec, which does not involve using a 'scratch card' provided by the applicant. During my interview (as well as others i followed) they were generally fine with an original waec certificate. And there's the other confirmation of results service by waec, which people have used when their original certificates got missing.

Kojo E likes this.
  8. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Thanks @Lucid.

Lucid likes this.
  9. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Currently doing the police clearance with my wife. Not too busy so we’re almost through.

10. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

I see. Maybe I’m mixing the scratch card requirement for DV selectees with either the Kenyan or Ethiopian embassy.

11. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Will still get the scratch card just out of the abundance of caution. It’s cheap to acquire and it won’t hurt to have it.

12. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Super Moderator

Lucid likes this.
  13. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Sm1smom likes this.
  14. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

@Obimpeh. Please don’t forget to make two photocopies of your marriage certificate; one for you and one for your wife. I figured it was logical to have that so I made two copies and this was confirmed by one successful applicant from Ghana in the DV 2014 page I believe. He actually had to leave the embassy and make an extra copy before he was finally interviewed.

Obimpeh likes this.
  15. Obimpeh

Obimpeh Member

Great info, thanks mate. Time to cross all t's and dot all i's so such info comes in handy.

I also checked the Akai Medicals cost today and yes its cheaper than Holy Trinity of about Ghs 700 for my family of five.

Kojo E likes this.
  16. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Yup!:) Doing our medicals on the 14th of February. The clinic confirmed that it is a good time to do it then as our interview is on March 7 at 7:30am.

17. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

Talk about a “lovely Valentine’s Day present huh? The missus is not amused :p

18. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

@Dunamis hope you’re still enjoying Denver CO? Managed to get a job yet?

19. Lucid

Lucid Active Member

Dude! Those medicals are not fun.

20. Kojo E

Kojo E Active Member

lol