• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

A new friend I met today has a very big challenge which is he played the lottery with one of the agents in town and he was called 2days ago that he has won and he was excited but to his surprise the agents wants him to pay $5000 so they can help fix everything for him. "As if they were the people going to give him the visa" hahahahaha!
Now he is confused and broke the news to me today and quickly I took him to a cafe to see if we can get the confirmation number trying to say the applicant forgot the confirmation number on the ESC page but it didn't work because the email address used wasn't his.
Please moderators and friends here is there anyway out?

A new friend I met today has a very big challenge which is he played the lottery with one of the agents in town and he was called 2days ago that he has won and he was excited but to his surprise the agents wants him to pay $5000 so they can help fix everything for him. "As if they were the people going to give him the visa" hahahahaha!
Now he is confused and broke the news to me today and quickly I took him to a cafe to see if we can get the confirmation number trying to say the applicant forgot the confirmation number on the ESC page but it didn't work because the email address used wasn't his.
Please moderators and friends here is there anyway out?
Maybe contact your local embassy and the police? I think that counts as extortion and fraud. It is HIS entry and HIS information.
The best way to contact the Consular Section is via e-mail at IVDVACCRA@state.gov. Please do not send unsolicited documents via fax or mail. The Consular Section assumes no responsibility for such documents.

Sorrh for the delay guys, It was short and plain.
Got there sharp 7:30am, this was my 2nd interview after being on AP For three months.
CO....Where is your waec grades
Me...handed it over
CO...asked me to take a seat and will call me back later. After 15 mins, I was called,
CO...where is the your scratch card to check the results?
Me....I don't have the card it self but I have the serial # and pin code, and I gave it to her.
CO...have a seat and my supervisor will speak to you later. After another 15-20 mins was called.
CO....do you have your passport?
Me...Yes, and handed it over..
CO....you can come back Thursday this time to pick up your visa and handed over to me my visa receipt ticket.
Glory be to God! Thanks to all of you for your support especially the moderators of this forum. I wish all of my colleagues success in their interviews. GOD bless you all.

Last edited:
Sorrh for the delay guys, I had no interview. It was short and plain.
Got there sharp 7:30am, this was my 2nd interview after being on AP For three months.
CO....Where is your waec grades
Me...handed it over
CO...asked me to take a seat and will call me back later. After 15 mins, I was called,
CO...where is the your scratch card to check the results?
Me....I don't have the card it self but I have the serial # and pin code, and I gave it to her.
CO...have a seat and my supervisor will speak to you later. After another 15-20 mins was called.
CO....do you have your passport?
Me...Yes, and handed it over..
CO....you can come back Thursday this time to pick up your visa and handed over to me my visa receipt ticket.
Glory be to God! Thanks to all of you for your support especially the moderators of this forum. I wish all of my colleagues success in their interview. GOD blesd you all.

What a relief that must be for you. Congratulations!!

I forgot to tell you guys.....I think this Friday was a good day at the embassy cause everyone who I saw there left with smiling faces even though I didn't see any DV applicants.

I forgot to tell you guys.....I think this Friday was a good day at the embassy cause everyone who I saw there left with smiling faces even though I didn't see any DV applicants.
DV interviews in Ghana, I learnt, are conducted on Mondays- Thurs. (Not sure how true though).

DV interviews in Ghana, I learnt, are conducted on Mondays- Thurs. (Not sure how true though).
May be that has changed now. because my interview was on Tuesday 12 May, I also know someone who went on 22 April, Wedneaday.

I guess it has changed cos a friend is having his on the 20th of May which is a Wednesday...im hoping they have now resolved to be lenient a bit

@ Sammyblankson, to be honest the CO's are very friendly. You just have to do your part by having everything in order which makes it easier for you. Before the CO handed me my visa ticket receipt she said " Ok now everything is in order so you will have to come on Thursday around this time and pick up your passport. Make things easier for them and it will be easier for you.

May be that has changed now. because my interview was on Tuesday 12 May, I also know someone who went on 22 April, Wedneaday.
i think by mon-thurs, USA14 meant that interviews are on mondays, tuesdays, wednesdays and thurdays, so you are still confirming what he said. By the way thowa the green can you update us on accra? There is a new update

Our moderators, please do I have the permission to "digress" a little bit by asking about the perception of new immigrants of colour by native americans ( for african immigrants already living in the US, how did indegenous americans perceive you as a new immigrant and how did you adjust, fit-in into the native amer. community?) tnx

Our moderators, please do I have the permission to "digress" a little bit by asking about the perception of new immigrants of colour by native americans ( for african immigrants already living in the US, how did indegenous americans perceive you as a new immigrant and how did you adjust, fit-in into the native amer. community?) tnx

Hmmm. A little history lesson.

This gentleman is a Native American.

Native_american-2.jpg

However, Americans these days look more like this:-
4049472548_diversity_xlarge.jpeg

So - how will you fit in? Just fine. Obviously your accent and customs will give you away, as will wearing Kente cloth in the supermarket. However, if you try and integrate you will be absolutely fine - this is a nation of immigrants, after all....

To add to what britsimon said, this is a nation of immigrants and incredibly diverse. The amount of mixed couples of all sorts of ethnicities I see is a great example! (I was talking to someone the other day who is half-Jewish and half-Japanese, married to an Italian man, with an Irish sister-in-law, and a half-Mexican cousin. Talk about a melting pot!!)

However, it can also depend on where you choose to live. Certain areas are more integrated and more tolerant of immigrants than others.