• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

My wife (PA) has her official SSCE results issued by wAEC and sent to her School and signed by the headmistress back in 2000 for her 1999 SSCE. She then wrote the NOV DEC in 2000 to upgrade her mathematics which was successful. My question folks, is it enough to submit these originals as proof of her educational qualifications or we are still required to obtain confirmation of results from WAEC? She also has a signed and sealed testimonial or attestation letter from her school. I just don’t wanna leave any areas open to the dreaded AP. I figure we need to prove the SSS qualification beyond any reasonable doubt especially since she doesn’t have her Bachelors Degree from Uni even though she completed her bachelors degree course (she has the transcripts from Legon) but the certificate itself is outstanding because of administrative errors caused by the Uni on her transcripts. Interestingly her name was published in the graduation booklet back in 2005.
Am I being paranoid? ;) @Nana Kofi @Britsimon @Dunamis @Sm1smom
Ah Kojo, is your wife the principal applicant or yourself? And does she need all that if she is only a derivative? Am asking all these because I am not submitting any educational document for my wife who is a derivative.

Ah Kojo, is your wife the principal applicant or yourself? And does she need all that if she is only a derivative? Am asking all these because I am not submitting any educational document for my wife who is a derivative.

He said wife is PA (principal applicant)

@Obimpeh my wife is the principal applicant. She was selected in the lottery hence my concern.

Yes, you need to obtain confirmation of results from WAEC in addition to what you already have:

You are strongly encouraged to verify these documents at source, through the West African Examinations Council’s online system at www.ghana.waecdirect.org. The student provides you with a PIN number that they purchase for the equivalent of $3 (available at post offices or WAEC regional offices), that is used to retrieve a printable copy of their WAEC results. This is the fastest and most reliable way of verifying a student’s results from Ghana. All results from all WAEC exams dating back to 1993 can be verified through WAECDirect.
https://gh.usembassy.gov/education-culture/educationusa-center/educational-system-ghana/
As an aside, I find it strange your wife is unable to obtain her college certificate 13 years after graduation due to administrative errors on the school’s side.
Looks like that is a note to US educational institutions, concerning student admissions.
I believe the embassy has another way of verifying with waec, which does not involve using a 'scratch card' provided by the applicant. During my interview (as well as others i followed) they were generally fine with an original waec certificate. And there's the other confirmation of results service by waec, which people have used when their original certificates got missing.

Looks like that is a note to US educational institutions, concerning student admissions.
I believe the embassy has another way of verifying with waec, which does not involve using a 'scratch card' provided by the applicant. During my interview (as well as others i followed) they were generally fine with an original waec certificate. And there's the other confirmation of results service by waec, which people have used when their original certificates got missing.
Thanks @Lucid.

I see. Maybe I’m mixing the scratch card requirement for DV selectees with either the Kenyan or Ethiopian embassy.

I see. Maybe I’m mixing the scratch card requirement for DV selectees with either the Kenyan or Ethiopian embassy.
Will still get the scratch card just out of the abundance of caution. It’s cheap to acquire and it won’t hurt to have it.

@Obimpeh. Please don’t forget to make two photocopies of your marriage certificate; one for you and one for your wife. I figured it was logical to have that so I made two copies and this was confirmed by one successful applicant from Ghana in the DV 2014 page I believe. He actually had to leave the embassy and make an extra copy before he was finally interviewed.

@Obimpeh. Please don’t forget to make two photocopies of your marriage certificate; one for you and one for your wife. I figured it was logical to have that so I made two copies and this was confirmed by one successful applicant from Ghana in the DV 2014 page I believe. He actually had to leave the embassy and make an extra copy before he was finally interviewed.
Great info, thanks mate. Time to cross all t's and dot all i's so such info comes in handy.

I also checked the Akai Medicals cost today and yes its cheaper than Holy Trinity of about Ghs 700 for my family of five.

Great info, thanks mate. Time to cross all t's and dot all i's so such info comes in handy.

I also checked the Akai Medicals cost today and yes its cheaper than Holy Trinity of about Ghs 700 for my family of five.
Yup!:) Doing our medicals on the 14th of February. The clinic confirmed that it is a good time to do it then as our interview is on March 7 at 7:30am.

Yup!:) Doing our medicals on the 14th of February. The clinic confirmed that it is a good time to do it then as our interview is on March 7 at 7:30am.
Talk about a “lovely Valentine’s Day present huh? The missus is not amused :p