• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Yes oo Kojo, we did ours on Wednesday instead of Thursday because the kids had SAT exams to write. Gosh, it was terrible! We spent the whole day at Akai and these kids wouldn't give us tough time....it was very tiring, but in the end we got it done with.

Do you know, or have any idea how the Police reports are handed to the applicants? Am asking this because we picked ours today, and the certificates were handed to us not in sealed envelopes. The envelope was given to us separately so we had to put the cert in the envelope. Is that the norm?
Nana Kofi, may be you can tell me about how your police clearance cert was handed to you...:)

Yes, that is the norm. I’m picking up ours on Wednesday. I had to take the kids this morning for them to see the results of the tb test. All clear.
Great, thanks.

I took the kids back for the TB confirmation Saturday morning instead of Friday, because they were writing exams on Friday. All clear too. Good feeling...;)

So I picked up our police clearance today. The panel physician however wants to run a sputum test on me since my x ray showed “abnormalities”. He said it could be a number of factors but they are bound to check. So we will attend the interview without my results. They will issue a note informing the embassy that the sputum culture will take 8 weeks. I’m keeping hope alive.

Last edited:
So I picked up our police clearance today. The panel physician however wants to run a sputum test on me since my x ray showed “abnormalities”. He said it could be a number of factors but they are bound to check. So we will attend the interview without my results. They will issue a note informing the embassy that the sputum culture will take 8 weeks. I’m keeping hope alive.

Oh, that's frustrating, but at least you have plenty of time before the fiscal year ends to get that sorted out. Good luck.

The very thing you wanted to avoid, I remember...hmmm. It is well my brother. Nyame te ase!

The very thing you wanted to avoid, I remember...hmmm. It is well my brother. Nyame te ase!
Thanks bro. It’s a minor setback and so I’m not losing sleep over it. I’m actually glad they found the “abnormality” since I tend to ignore regular medical checkups because I’m rarely ill. I guess this 41 year old better start paying more attention to his body ;)

At least my wife the PA and the 3 kids have been cleared and will take their results to the interview.
That was really unforseen. Anyway so in cases like this, what are the processing possibilities. Will the PA and derivatives with complete packets be processed first, pending remaining docs of remaining derivative(s)? Or will all applicants be put on ap?

That was really unforseen. Anyway so in cases like this, what are the processing possibilities. Will the PA and derivatives with complete packets be processed first, pending remaining docs of remaining derivative(s)? Or will all applicants be put on ap?

PA can get as can eligible derivatives. All applicants are only on AP if it is the PA facing a problem.
There have even been cases in the past where PA has received visa and derivative denied. I can’t remembef the details of why - may have been criminal record. But if PA is eligible, PA gets, regardless of issues with derivatives.

PA can get as can eligible derivatives. All applicants are only on AP if it is the PA facing a problem.
There have even been cases in the past where PA has received visa and derivative denied. I can’t remembef the details of why - may have been criminal record. But if PA is eligible, PA gets, regardless of issues with derivatives.
Many thanks.