• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Congratulations! Do you know when the medical will be ready?
CO decided to issue the visas together in May following receipt of the positive medical report. I had wanted the wife and kids to get it first but it’s ok. It still fits within our travel plans.

Took along our wedding album too though we’ve been married 10 years. They actually asked for it. So glad I took it. Only question was where we had travelled and for how long.
WOW! Great news man! I also got same CO (Window 8), very nice bearded guy. I am so happy to hear this bro. I have been married for 13 years, been to the States with my wife, but I still took along some wedding photos. It is always best to over prepare, as BritSimon would say. Infact I also had huge folder of educational certs and employment letters, but the CO was just not interested in any.

I think Kojo has just pushed me to give my interview experience...lol

So interview appointment was 10.30am on Mon 5 Mar. We (family of 5) arrived at about 10am, waited for 15mins in the car and then set off towards the security clearance. Went through all as usual, got inside, filled the Fee forms, paid the fee, got called to Window 5 to sort biometrics and docs. There I got a bit panicked when I realized I didn't have the weighing cards of my kids. The lady sorting the docs said that was the authentic proof of relationship - well I forgot them at home so I prayed about it there and then and left the rest with God. (Apart from over preparing I also prayed extensively about this whole DV process).

Finally we got called to Window 8 (Kojo's famous bearded CO...lol),

CO: Hellooo, let get started and get this done with as quickly as possible. Can all of you raise your hands ans swear that..........
US all: Yes we swear
CO: I see you've traveled extensively to the States, when was the last time you went to the States?
Me: I answered
CO: What is your longest duration of stay in the States?
Me: 3 weeks
CO: So not even 1 month or 2 months
Me: Yeap
CO: Where in the States are you going?
Me: Georgia
CO: I guess you're going to family (of course he saw from my Dad's address on my DS260)
CO (to my wife): M'am, you've also been to the States before right?
My wife: Yes please
CO (to my wife): What do you do here (referring to Ghana)
My wife: Answers
CO: Well that's all I wanna know

He picks the white sheet, circles the web address to create account and that was it! All these took less than 5mins.
Simple questions with simple straight forward answers....a million thanks to BritSimon and the DV Immigration Forum for all the support we received here during preparation.
All the best to those who are yet to attend their interviews. Prepare well, tell the truth at interview (I witnessed quite a number of applicants refused because they contradicted themselves during their interviews), and above all PRAY HARD!! God answers prayers - when you get your part right.

WOW! Great news man! I also got same CO (Window 8), very nice bearded guy. I am so happy to hear this bro. I have been married for 13 years, been to the States with my wife, but I still took along some wedding photos. It is always best to over prepare, as BritSimon would say. Infact I also had huge folder of educational certs and employment letters, but the CO was just not interested in any.

So interview appointment was 10.30am on Mon 5 Mar. We (family of 5) arrived at about 10am, waited for 15mins in the car and then set off towards the security clearance. Went through all as usual, got inside, filled the Fee forms, paid the fee, got called to Window 5 to sort biometrics and docs. There I got a bit panicked when I realized I didn't have the weighing cards of my kids. The lady sorting the docs said that was the authentic proof of relationship - well I forgot them at home so I prayed about it there and then and left the rest with God. (Apart from over preparing I also prayed extensively about this whole DV process).

CO: Hellooo, let get started and get this done with as quickly as possible. Can all of you raise your hands ans swear that..........
CO: I see you've traveled extensively to the States, when was the last time you went to the States?
CO: I guess you're going to family (of course he saw from my Dad's address on my DS260)

He picks the white sheet, circles the web address to create account and that was it! All these took less than 5mins.
Simple questions with simple straight forward answers....a million thanks to BritSimon and the DV Immigration Forum for all the support we received here during preparation.
All the best to those who are yet to attend their interviews. Prepare well, tell the truth at interview (I witnessed quite a number of applicants refused because they contradicted themselves during their interviews), and above all PRAY HARD!! God answers prayers - when you get your part right.
Congrats again @Obimpeh. We must have the same mind. We also had documents such as employment letters, National ID cards on which my shortened name had been used, even my educational certificates though I’m not the principal applicant. In short we over prepared and more. The wedding album was so heavy but we endured the fatigue of carrying same as in the end it came in very handy!

Congratulations!

Congratulations Bro

It's been 2 months now since I last commented on this platform. I deem it prudent to share my interview experience since I shared my problems and was helped.

Background of my case for new members.... I won through an agent. He got my details without my knowledge. (Shs info). He wanted me to agree to a sham marriage or pay a huge amount of money. I refused both offers.
However, I managed to trick him to get my confirmation number and continued with the process myself. He found out about a month to my interview and threatened to spoil my case but it turned out to be an empty threat.

I went to the embassy late December (27) and after the formalities, I was called to my window 8 to be interviewed. The interview were solely on double entry. She insisted I had done multiple entries. Well I have not entered the lottery so I guess other agents got my info from other institutions to enter just like the agent who contacted me did. I was refused based on double entry.

One nurse adviced on this platform that going for vaccinations in government hospitals will help reduce medical fee. I heeded to that advice and saved about ¢1000.

Thank you house
Very painful experience, but thanks so much for sharing.

Congrats to @Kojo E and @Obimpeh

I'm very glad that everything worked out for both of you, specially on these times that DV is under the radar.

I wish you both great success along with your families in the United States.

Congrats to @Kojo E and @Obimpeh

I'm very glad that everything worked out for both of you, specially on these times that DV is under the radar.

I wish you both great success along with your families in the United States.
Many thanks Pierre...we bless God for seeing us through, and thanks to having people like you here to share ideas and experiences. I must say its a great family we have here. May be we should have an association - Class of DV2018 (lolz), not a bad idea. We live in a world of networking, we never know when we would need each other again.

Hi @Obimpeh. Bro have you picked up your visas with the sealed packets yet?