• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Hi everyone,

My interview is tomorrow and I'm just feeling so nervous. I have all the required documents and no mistakes in my forms but the nerves are getting the best of me. Is this how everyone felt? It's worse than waiting for exam results.

Hi everyone,

My interview is tomorrow and I'm just feeling so nervous. I have all the required documents and no mistakes in my forms but the nerves are getting the best of me. Is this how everyone felt? It's worse than waiting for exam results.
A little nerves is normal. However just remember it’s just a conversation. Your confidence and relaxed manner along with having all required documents will get you over the line. Don’t try to impress them but be yourself. With ours it was a bit of an anticlimax as we had overprepared expecting a long line of questioning but it seems the documents spoke for themselves and the actual interview barely lasted 5 minutes. So relax, you will be fine.

So my visa was approved. I was given 7:30am, we were all in by 8. I was called around 9:40 for my interview with the CO. It was a brief interview and the questions related to my education and the countries I've traveled to.

I'd like to thank everyone here for their help, the forums here (and britsimon) really helped me prepare.

I was given 2 weeks for my visa to be ready for collection.

I'd advise people to take their passport photos at the place opposite the embassy if you are not to sure about the one you have and if you are going with derivatives you should print out their ds260. Also carry small denominations, those who paid the exact amount of money got interviewed first. Oh, and don't take your phone.

So my visa was approved. I was given 7:30am, we were all in by 8. I was called around 9:40 for my interview with the CO. It was a brief interview and the questions related to my education and the countries I've traveled to.

I'd like to thank everyone here for their help, the forums here (and britsimon) really helped me prepare.

I'd advise people to take their passport photos at the place opposite the embassy if you are not to sure about the one you have and if you are going with derivatives you should print out their ds260. Also carry small denominations, those who paid the exact amount of money got interviewed first. Oh, and don't take your phone.
Congrats @Kay18 ! See? As Britsimon would say, “Easy Peasy”! Good luck with the move.

Hi everyone, I'm having a few issues with the ustraveldocs site. I have entered my info but the dashboard doesn't function. Am I supposed to wait for a while? Is it also the same location that lets me know the status of my visa?

Congrats on your approval and I hope all goes well for you in the U.S. :)

Hi everyone, I'm having a few issues with the ustraveldocs site. I have entered my info but the dashboard doesn't function. Am I supposed to wait for a while? Is it also the same location that lets me know the status of my visa?
Hey congrats on your success. What exactly do you mean by the dashboard doesn't function? You're supposed to receive notification about your submitted docs, but most people have had troubles with the priority date, which is not relevant to dv cases. Another good way to also track your visa issuance is on Ceac.
All the best with your new journey!

Hey congrats on your success. What exactly do you mean by the dashboard doesn't function? You're supposed to receive notification about your submitted docs, but most people have had troubles with the priority date, which is not relevant to dv cases. Another good way to also track your visa issuance is on Ceac.
All the best with your new journey!

I created an account on the ustraveldocs website but I am not seeing any updates on my visa. I'm confused since the CO said that is what I would get a text message to collect my visa by adding my number there.

Meanwhile on the ceac site my application now says issued.

Hello folks. My family and I just left the visa interview. We all got approved. We got the famous nice bearded CO. We’ve been asked to submit my medical report to DHL for the visa issuance later when the medical report is ready. Thanks all for the help.
Hello folks. Just got confirmation that my sputum test is negative for TB. I’ve been asked to do one last chest X-ray to be attached to the medical report. Upon submission of same my family and I will receive our visas as we’ve already been approved pending receipt of my medical report.

Hello folks. Just got confirmation that my sputum test is negative for TB. I’ve been asked to do one last chest X-ray to be attached to the medical report. Upon submission of same my family and I will receive our visas as we’ve already been approved pending receipt of my medical report.

Just to set your expectations - there may be a delay after you submit your results. An embassy will normally have to ask to get KCC to reallocate a visa for each person in your family, and that takes time. Obviously for Accra they may be able to do that from other refusals, but at least be prepared for some waiting (and if there is no waiting it will be a nice surprise).

Just to set your expectations - there may be a delay after you submit your results. An embassy will normally have to ask to get KCC to reallocate a visa for each person in your family, and that takes time. Obviously for Accra they may be able to do that from other refusals, but at least be prepared for some waiting (and if there is no waiting it will be a nice surprise).
Noted Brit.

Hi everyone. So my visa has been stated as issues on the Ceac site. but I've not received any text message. I created an account on ustraveldocs and updated my profile but nothing is shown there. I've also called the 2 numbers and they are always unavailable. Did anyone encounter this issue? I have no idea what to do aside waiting.

Hi everyone. So my visa has been stated as issues on the Ceac site. but I've not received any text message. I created an account on ustraveldocs and updated my profile but nothing is shown there. I've also called the 2 numbers and they are always unavailable. Did anyone encounter this issue? I have no idea what to do aside waiting.
Yes, from my own personal experience I did not receive a notification at all. If it's been more than 3 days since the 'issued' status, simply pay a visit to the dhl office. Your stuff is likely to be available for pickup.

Yes, from my own personal experience I did not receive a notification at all. If it's been more than 3 days since the 'issued' status, simply pay a visit to the dhl office. Your stuff is likely to be available for pickup.

Thank you, I'll go there tomorrow.

Hey all,

I got a text message yesterday and collected my passport and packet today .

Interviewed on the 9th, visa issued on the 10th with pick up on the 13th. After such a long wait everything has moved really fast.

Honesty is the key to being approved and I'm glad I also had the detailed information provided in the forums (and on britsimon). Once again thank you to everyone here.

The new one is sufficient. No need for the old one.
Hi
Well this is precisely why we keep telling people to not lie with regards to immigration matters, it always comes back and bite.

Yes they already have your false information in the system, will it impact a DV selection or an immigrant visa petition? I don't know, the only way to know for sure is to give it a shot. If they didn't give you a document that says you've been found inadmissible, then there's hope.

Anyway, you need to bear in mind this is simply a lottery with about 1% chance of selection. So apply and get selected first, then worry about the impact of the previous NIV petition denial.
Hi so if u get let say E8 in maths alone .. can u register and write Novdec for only Maths. So u print the results out, u attach it to ur WASSCE certificate and submit at interview, pls work experience

Hi

Hi so if u get let say E8 in maths alone .. can u register and write Novdec for only Maths. So u print the results out, u attach it to ur WASSCE certificate and submit at interview, pls work experience

I don’t know, the CO will have the final say.

Selectees from Ghana can ask questions here. I had good support from the forum and I'm back to help others.

Let's reduce/eliminate the fraud that has plagued our system and has caused people to be refused visas.
Oh ok so it nescessary to rewrite the paper u didn’t pass in and take the results along then u back it with a good work experience too maybe you might be fortunate
Well this is precisely why we keep telling people to not lie with regards to immigration matters, it always comes back and bite.

Yes they already have your false information in the system, will it impact a DV selection or an immigrant visa petition? I don't know, the only way to know for sure is to give it a shot. If they didn't give you a document that says you've been found inadmissible, then there's hope.

Anyway, you need to bear in mind this is simply a lottery with about 1% chance of selection. So apply and get selected first, then worry about the impact of the previous NIV petition denial.

Oh ok so it nescessary to rewrite the paper u didn’t pass in and take the results along then u back it with a good work experience too maybe you might be fortunate
Hey, don't confuse or attempt to mingle qualifying on education with qualifying on work experience. You cannot back failed (or insufficient) grades with 'some' amount of work experience and expect to be 'fortunate'. (Unless of course you totally qualify on work experience). If you failed math and can rewrite in time to better your grades, why not, go for it.

Exac
You need to be more specific, your question is too broad - precisely what is it you wish to know about?[/QUOT exactly that what I ask earlier and u said it will depend on the CO cuz I also think rewriting is the best..and u hold a prove to show u rewrote might help .. just saying tho