• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Just to set your expectations - there may be a delay after you submit your results. An embassy will normally have to ask to get KCC to reallocate a visa for each person in your family, and that takes time. Obviously for Accra they may be able to do that from other refusals, but at least be prepared for some waiting (and if there is no waiting it will be a nice surprise).
@Britsimon just wondering how long I should wait post submission of the medical results before I contact the embassy to find out what’s going on? Don’t mind the waiting but the CEAC data still puts I and the kids at “Ready” whilst the PA shows AP. (submitted via the designated DHL courier) on 27th April. Cheers!

@Britsimon just wondering how long I should wait post submission of the medical results before I contact the embassy to find out what’s going on? Don’t mind the waiting but the CEAC data still puts I and the kids at “Ready” whilst the PA shows AP. (submitted via the designated DHL courier) on 27th April. Cheers!

It is likely to be slow because your AP crossed from one month into another, and the embassy need to 1. Clear the AP, and 2. Reallocate visas, either from refusals within the embassy or by asking KCC. Either way - patience is key. I would not "expect" you to hear anything for a couple more weeks.

It is likely to be slow because your AP crossed from one month into another, and the embassy need to 1. Clear the AP, and 2. Reallocate visas, either from refusals within the embassy or by asking KCC. Either way - patience is key. I would not "expect" you to hear anything for a couple more weeks.
Ok Brit. Thanks for the clarification. I will just forget about it and wait patiently.

ow did you submit
Pls if I have the printed-out page from agent, entered in the confirmation number and co. and got selected will I automatically get the CN?
Do I have anything to do with the agent again?
I am a dv 2019 applicant

Pls if I have the printed-out page from agent, entered in the confirmation number and co. and got selected will I automatically get the CN?
Do I have anything to do with the agent again?
I am a dv 2019 applicant

If you’re lucky enough to have had an agent who gives you the confirmation number, no you don’t need the agent. You never needed the agent to begin with.

Visas issued for all 5 of us! Thanks everyone! Thanks @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Obimpeh et al

Last edited:
Visas issued for all 5 of us! Thanks everyone! Thanks @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Obimpeh et al
Just collected the visas and immigration packets for us all. The only snag is my visa is annotated “Class B medical condition” and expires 22 July. My wife (PA) and kids have no such annotation but their visa expires on 7th August. All visas were issued on 16th May. @Britsimon wonder why this is so and not 6 months validity from date of issue. Oh well...

Just collected the visas and immigration packets for us all. The only snag is my visa is annotated “Class B medical condition” and expires 22 July. My wife (PA) and kids have no such annotation but their visa expires on 7th August. All visas were issued on 16th May. @Britsimon wonder why this is so and not 6 months validity from date of issue. Oh well...

Well, that effectively shortens your wife’s too, as PA she has to enter before or with you - you can’t go first.

Please for instance if I had E8 in Mathematics in 2016 and say for Nov/Dec and had C5 do I qualify. Thank you
Now people are crying at Accra embassy paaaa oooo.
If u pass everything and get only D8 or E8 in your result especially in the core subjects kraaaa, u are denied.
I can't understand stand this.
lease

Hello Kojo, please I had E8 in mathematics when I sat for WASSCE in 2006 and later had a Nov/Dec in 2015 which I had C5 in mathematics, please I want to know whether I qualify based on high school very. Thank you
My wife (PA) has her official SSCE results issued by wAEC and sent to her School and signed by the headmistress back in 2000 for her 1999 SSCE. She then wrote the NOV DEC in 2000 to upgrade her mathematics which was successful. My question folks, is it enough to submit these originals as proof of her educational qualifications or we are still required to obtain confirmation of results from WAEC? She also has a signed and sealed testimonial or attestation letter from her school. I just don’t wanna leave any areas open to the dreaded AP. I figure we need to prove the SSS qualification beyond any reasonable doubt especially since she doesn’t have her Bachelors Degree from Uni even though she completed her bachelors degree course (she has the transcripts from Legon) but the certificate itself is outstanding because of administrative errors caused by the Uni on her transcripts. Interestingly her name was published in the graduation booklet back in 2005.
Am I being paranoid? ;) @Nana Kofi @Britsimon @Dunamis @Sm1smom
kojo