• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Hello Kojo, please I had E8 in mathematics when I sat for WASSCE in 2006 and later had a Nov/Dec in 2015 which I had C5 in mathematics, please I want to know whether I qualify based on high school very. Thank you

kojo
The rule is that your high school (secondary school) results must be such that it qualifies you to enter a US or Ghanaian university. So if you have a C5 in Math I reckon you qualify. They may ask why it took you so long to rewrite the Math though. Just answer truthfully and you should be fine all things being equal. I posted a link earlier on about educational qualifications from the US embassy.

Please house, I want to know whether there is a group or page for the Dv2019 selectees. Thank you

You are very welcome to start a new thread for Ghanaian for 2019 :) It's usually started by the first selectee who arrives here and asks what you did ;)

Please house, I want to know whether there is a group or page for the Dv2019 selectees. Thank you
You could go ahead and set up the DV 2019 Ghana Selectees page. We would share our experiences too, guided by the awesome Britsimon, Sm1smom SusieQQQ etc. Go for it.

Been a while, I feel so elated at the latest visa approvals. Congrats to all of you guys. Congrats @Kojo E .
There's another journey ahead. A lot of immigrants have been able to better their personal economic situations in this country, where there are infinite opportunities when you are willing to work hard.
Best of wishes.

Been a while, I feel so elated at the latest visa approvals. Congrats to all of you guys. Congrats @Kojo E .
There's another journey ahead. A lot of immigrants have been able to better their personal economic situations in this country, where there are infinite opportunities when you are willing to work hard.
Best of wishes.
Many thanks Lucid. Good to hear from you again. Looking forward to further success and satisfaction for us all. Leaving 2nd week in July with the family.

Many thanks Lucid. Good to hear from you again. Looking forward to further success and satisfaction for us all. Leaving 2nd week in July with the family.
Good to hear all went well, Kojo. Congrats bro.
By God's grace we arrived in Georgia on Sunday, went through the usual immigration clearance for visitors and were taken to an office just behind the front desk immigration counters. Sat there for a while - about an hour because there was a medical emergency which required the attention of the officer who was processing our paperwork. He was very polite - he explained the delay and apologized. Even though i requested for Social Security numbers when I completed DS260, he asked us to go our nearest SSA office to apply so it can be fast. We did just that yesterday and were told it would be ready in 5 days - fingers crossed. Now settling down so taking all the necessary processes one at a time.

Please let me know when you finally arrive in town. All the best.

Good to hear all went well, Kojo. Congrats bro.
By God's grace we arrived in Georgia on Sunday, went through the usual immigration clearance for visitors and were taken to an office just behind the front desk immigration counters. Sat there for a while - about an hour because there was a medical emergency which required the attention of the officer who was processing our paperwork. He was very polite - he explained the delay and apologized. Even though i requested for Social Security numbers when I completed DS260, he asked us to go our nearest SSA office to apply so it can be fast. We did just that yesterday and were told it would be ready in 5 days - fingers crossed. Now settling down so taking all the necessary processes one at a time.

Please let me know when you finally arrive in town. All the best.
@Obimpeh very glad to hear of your safe arrival bro. Will definitely get in touch with you when we arrive. I wish you and the family every success as you begin this new adventure!

Hi, my sister has been selected for 2019. She has started the process but someone said there's a cut off grade the embassy will be expecting on her High School certificate and as a result, has halted the process. She wants to resit before continuing. Please can we know the cut off grade for selectees 2019, if that above is true?

Hi, my sister has been selected for 2019. She has started the process but someone said there's a cut off grade the embassy will be expecting on her High School certificate and as a result, has halted the process. She wants to resit before continuing. Please can we know the cut off grade for selectees 2019, if that above is true?
The answer to this type of question has been given throughout this forum and others. Please take your time and read them. However the rule is that the principal applicant must have passes including English and Maths in her secondary education such that it would entitle such a person to gain admission at a US or Ghanaian university. The link below helps. Please read. https://gh.usembassy.gov/education-culture/educationusa-center/educational-system-ghana/
https://forums.immigration.com/posts/2467270/

Note also that the cut off grade is not different per DV fiscal year. The educational qualifications remain the same.

Hello friends. I need your help and your response. I am a dv 2018 selectee and my case number is2018AF0001****. I finished my interview on 31st January. The counselor told me to relax and wait for a couple of weeks he will call me after he has finished interviewing me. All his questions were simple. And he gave me a white sheet and he circled "will call" its been 5(five) months now no call. I am really confused and disturbed. All my school certificates, my passport and other documents are still at the embassy. I am a Ghanaian. The Ceac sites shows ready and the dates keeps updating, is that a good sign?

Hello friends. I need your help and your response. I am a dv 2018 selectee and my case number is2018AF0001****. I finished my interview on 31st January. The counselor told me to relax and wait for a couple of weeks he will call me after he has finished interviewing me. All his questions were simple. And he gave me a white sheet and he circled "will call" its been 5(five) months now no call. I am really confused and disturbed. All my school certificates, my passport and other documents are still at the embassy. I am a Ghanaian. The Ceac sites shows ready and the dates keeps updating, is that a good sign?
It means you are on what is called “Administrative Processing”. Read more about it on @Britsimon‘s blog. It is not a good nor bad sign until you see “issued” or “refused” (I hope not). You may contact the embassy though just to see what may come of it. Good luck, but remember patience is key.

Ok thanks. I will contact the embassy and wait. Please if my medicals expires does it means I will do another one incase they want to issue the visa? Because my medicals will expire next month.
It means you are on what is called “Administrative Processing”. Read more about it on @Britsimon‘s blog. It is not a good nor bad sign until you see “issued” or “refused” (I hope not). You may contact the embassy though just to see what may come of it. Good luck, but remember patience is key.

Ok thanks. I will contact the embassy and wait. Please if my medicals expires does it means I will do another one incase they want to issue the visa? Because my medicals will expire next month.
Yes it is likely you will be made to repeat the medicals if it expires before you are approved for the visa.
I would advise not to repeat your medicals unless instructed to do so by the embassy (which would be a good sign that you may get the visa).

The embassy is likely still conducting additional security checks on you. I know it’s frustrating but ultimately you should hear from them. Keep hope alive. Do drop them an email and see if they will respond.