• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Okay
Well this is precisely why we keep telling people to not lie with regards to immigration matters, it always comes back and bite.

Yes they already have your false information in the system, will it impact a DV selection or an immigrant visa petition? I don't know, the only way to know for sure is to give it a shot. If they didn't give you a document that says you've been found inadmissible, then there's hope.

Anyway, you need to bear in mind this is simply a lottery with about 1% chance of selection. So apply and get selected first, then worry about the impact of the previous NIV petition denial.
thank you .. but what do u advice.. it best to rewrite the paper u failed in right?

Okay

thank you .. but what do u advice.. it best to rewrite the paper u failed in right?

It’s not a case of the CO being flexible. You either meet the education requirements, or you don’t. If the exam you failed means that you don’t meet them, your only option is to rewrite. Similarly, you meet the work experience requirements, or you don’t. However this is not as simple to prove as a school certificate and you need careful documentation to show you have the right work experience at the right level to qualify.

This is why just about the first thing on the instructions for selectees says
If you do not have either the required education or qualifying work experience, you are not qualified to be issued a diversity visa. (Only you, as the principal applicant, must meet this requirement. Your spouse and children do not have to meet this requirement.) You should not continue with your DV application if you do not meet the qualifying education or work experience requirements explained below. You will not be issued a visa, and any fees you pay will not be refunded.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...versity-visa-confirm-your-qualifications.html

There is no harm in rewriting. Especially if you believe than an E8 is essentially a a poor grade .

It’s not a case of it being a “poor” grade. Either it meets the requirements , or it doesn’t.
What is the required grade in this subject to qualify in Ghana?

It’s not a case of it being a “poor” grade. Either it meets the requirements , or it doesn’t.
What is the required grade in this subject to qualify in Ghana?

It's a C something, I'm not too sure but I do know E8 is a failed course and it can't get entrance into any university in Ghana .

I
Well this is precisely why we keep telling people to not lie with regards to immigration matters, it always comes back and bite.

Yes they already have your false information in the system, will it impact a DV selection or an immigrant visa petition? I don't know, the only way to know for sure is to give it a shot. If they didn't give you a document that says you've been found inadmissible, then there's hope.

Anyway, you need to bear in mind this is simply a lottery with about 1% chance of selection. So apply and get selected first, then worry about the impact of the previous NIV petition denial.[/QUOT your advice is very reasonable.. thank you soo much

Just to set your expectations - there may be a delay after you submit your results. An embassy will normally have to ask to get KCC to reallocate a visa for each person in your family, and that takes time. Obviously for Accra they may be able to do that from other refusals, but at least be prepared for some waiting (and if there is no waiting it will be a nice surprise).
Well @Britsimon the count is on I guess. I picked up my medical report today and delivered it to the embassy through the DHL courier service as instructed. I was also told at the DHL place that I had to create profiles for all 5 members of the family and not just my wife the PA. This is one instance where I wish Britsimon’s predictions about delay don’t come through.;)

Well @Britsimon the count is on I guess. I picked up my medical report today and delivered it to the embassy through the DHL courier service as instructed. I was also told at the DHL place that I had to create profiles for all 5 members of the family and not just my wife the PA. This is one instance where I wish Britsimon’s predictions about delay don’t come through.;)
I pray you dont experience the delay I experienced. All the best bro.

I pray you dont experience the delay I experienced. All the best bro.
Thanks bro. At least I noticed today that the file has been updated so I guess they’re checking to see if a visa is available for the 5 of us. When are you planning on leaving to activate your PR?

Platform a bit quiet. Is it the case that Ghana DV visa interviews are winding up? Good luck to all who prepare properly.

If you don’t mind me asking, what caused the delay in collecting your visas and immigration packets?
I don't really know but after I picked the passports and packets I realized our visas were issued two weeks earlier without that of my little daughter so they were cancelled and later reissued. I suspect they misplaced my little girl's passport when they were issuing the first visas, so when they realized we were five in number then they went searching for the last passport, after which they issued for us all. This is just my suspicion, anyway. Otherwise I can't think of any reasons why the four of us had visas issued on a particular date minus my little girl, and later cancelled and reissued, this time for all the five of us.

So when are you picking your passports?

I don't really know but after I picked the passports and packets I realized our visas were issued two weeks earlier without that of my little daughter so they were cancelled and later reissued. I suspect they misplaced my little girl's passport when they were issuing the first visas, so when they realized we were five in number then they went searching for the last passport, after which they issued for us all. This is just my suspicion, anyway. Otherwise I can't think of any reasons why the four of us had visas issued on a particular date minus my little girl, and later cancelled and reissued, this time for all the five of us.

So when are you picking your passports?
Oh Wow! I still have no clue when we will go to ISSUED on the CEAC page. Oddly enough it says AP for my wife (PA) and READY for the kids and I eve. Though they are presumably all good. Mind you, I am the only one whose medical report was submitted last along with all our passports. Ticket prices keep going up and i hope to get good news soon so i can get a cheaper deal. One can only be patient somehow.