• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Hello. Pl
Selectees from Ghana can ask questions here. I had good support from the forum and I'm back to help others.

Let's reduce/eliminate the fraud that has plagued our system and has caused people to be refused visas.
Hello please i would like to know how one can prove at the embassy that they wont be a public charge since the Ghanaian embassy doesn't require an affidavit of support. Thank you

Hello @Boakyewaa. Generally satisfying the basic educational requirement such as a secondary school qualification with required passes that would ordinarily entitle you to admission to a university along with a higher or advanced degree such as a Masters degree or higher OR specific skill sets which have a huge market demand in the USA along with evidence of a host (family member preferable) or a friend willing to accommodate you in the early weeks or months should suffice. A job offer from an American employer would also be great! Hope this helps.

The evidence of
Hello @Boakyewaa. Generally satisfying the basic educational requirement such as a secondary school qualification with required passes that would ordinarily entitle you to admission to a university along with a higher or advanced degree such as a Masters degree or higher OR specific skill sets which have a huge market demand in the USA along with evidence of a host (family member preferable) or a friend willing to accommodate you in the early weeks or months should suffice. A job offer from an American employer would also be great! Hope this helps.
The evidence of a host is what im concerned about. Does the embassy require the host to send certain documents to prove it is really true?

Also, the embassy may not require an affidavit of support but if you can get one it will help.
You don’t necessarily need to have high skills or whatever, you just need to be able to support yourself. If you have a a stable employment record it’s a good sign of work ethic. I’ve met Ghanaians in the US doing all sorts of things that support them without needing any special qualifications - hot dog stand operator, Uber driver (actually have seen a good number of African immigrants doing this), ticket seller at a museum, Verizon store assistant...

Also, the embassy may not require an affidavit of support but if you can get one it will help.
You don’t necessarily need to have high skills or whatever, you just need to be able to support yourself. If you have a a stable employment record it’s a good sign of work ethic. I’ve met Ghanaians in the US doing all sorts of things that support them without needing any special qualifications - hot dog stand operator, Uber driver (actually have seen a good number of African immigrants doing this), ticket seller at a museum, Verizon store assistant...
Thank you

Hi everyone.

I've been lurking for some weeks since I got my interview date and I had a few questions to ask . my interview is in April.

I have a high school diploma, I schooled in the States. Would the diploma alone without transcripts be enough evidence of my high school education? I also have a bachelor's and a master's degree.

My host is my best friend from high school. But I'm considering changing it to my Aunt at the interview since she now has her own place. Would that be okay? I have 3 relatives and a lot of friends in the state I plan on moving to.

I also wanted to double check I have all the correct documents to support my interview with the checklist below.

2nl
Ds260 (confirmation page plus the whole document)
$330
2 passport pictures
Passport (including expired ones) + photocopies
Birth certificate + photocopy
Police reports + photocopies
Medical results + photocopy
High school diploma + photocopy
Degrees & transcripts + photocopies

Thanks for the help. Also thank you for all the help you have been giving.

Hi everyone.

I've been lurking for some weeks since I got my interview date and I had a few questions to ask . my interview is in April.

I have a high school diploma, I schooled in the States. Would the diploma alone without transcripts be enough evidence of my high school education? I also have a bachelor's and a master's degree.

My host is my best friend from high school. But I'm considering changing it to my Aunt at the interview since she now has her own place. Would that be okay? I have 3 relatives and a lot of friends in the state I plan on moving to.

I also wanted to double check I have all the correct documents to support my interview with the checklist below.

2nl
Ds260 (confirmation page plus the whole document)
$330
2 passport pictures
Passport (including expired ones) + photocopies
Birth certificate + photocopy
Police reports + photocopies
Medical results + photocopy
High school diploma + photocopy
Degrees & transcripts + photocopies

Thanks for the help. Also thank you for all the help you have been giving.
You're welcome. Yes you may change your host during your interview or at the POE. You only need the confirmation page of the ds260. No need for copy of the medical report. Please be sure to NOT open the sealed report.

You're welcome. Yes you may change your host during your interview or at the POE. You only need the confirmation page of the ds260. No need for copy of the medical report. Please be sure to NOT open the sealed report.

Thank you. Definitely keeping that sealed, I won't risk AP at all.

Hi Kojo, sorry oo, I have been running around a lot lately. Hmm there was some mishap but by God's grace it's been resolved. I have picked the passports and the visa packets. All is set for us now, we bless God.
Thanks for asking.

Congratulations! All the best for your big move!

Hi Kojo, sorry oo, I have been running around a lot lately. Hmm there was some mishap but by God's grace it's been resolved. I have picked the passports and the visa packets. All is set for us now, we bless God.
Thanks for asking.
Great news! Thank God is right! All the best to you and the family!