• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

ok, I went through posts and found out that I needed to call KCC to find out if my file was sent to the local USCIS office. If so, that means that the background check was completed (is that true?) I called KCC who told me that my file was requested yesterday and transfered to the local office on July 28th? what does that mean? Should I assume that my case is moving and that name check is no longer pending?
below is the post I got the number and information from...

Hello. I'm assuming that you are doing AOS, in which case: You can call to see if your fingerprint results have been returned to your local office yet. You can also make an INFOPASS appointment at your local USCIS office to see if your name check has cleared yet. The Missouri Service Center is the place that handles these cases, so it's good that your case is there.

The contact info for the fingerprint is below, excerpted from my AOS experience description:
(the entire post can be found at
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sho...d.php?t=223312)
7. Wait at least several business days after your fingerprints were taken to call the FBI, to ask if the results were returned to your local USCIS office. The FBI will tell you when the results were returned to the office but NOT the actual results of the fingerprint check. They’ll ask for your name, maybe your Alien Registration number (should be on your I-485 NOA). I called 304-625-5590, but there may be other ways to contact them.
8. Call the Kentucky Consular Center to see if your DV package has been sent to your local office. They’ll ask for your lottery number, name, etc. I’ve had the best results (short wait time) calling 7:30 am ET. I called 606-526-7500, but there may be other ways to contact them.

Good luck to all.

It is a good news. Your local office requests your KCC file when they want to review your file for interview. You probably receive your interview letter soon if you didn’t receive it yet. In fact, some name checks remain pending even after interview. This happened before. So, asking your file from KCC does not mean directly that your name check is not pending. But, I pray for you to hear good news about your name check when you go for your infopass

It is a good news. Your local office requests your KCC file when they want to review your file for interview. You probably receive your interview letter soon if you didn’t receive it yet. In fact, some name checks remain pending even after interview. This happened before. So, asking your file from KCC does not mean directly that your name check is not pending. But, I pray for you to hear good news about your name check when you go for your infopass

Thank you badluck2, I hope to hear good news as well. I have not received anything yet! I will keep you posted though...

To keep you posted, my lawyer sent me an email saying that I have an interview scheduled on 8/18! I still don't know about name checks being cleared. I'm still going to infopass to confirm that and hopefully will have an answer then.
My FP was done on 7/23

Quick Question-tb Skin Test

Guys,

If you've had a TB Skin test sometime this year,when you go for the medicals do they make you do that again or you only need a documentation to prove that?

Thanks!

Guys,

If you've had a TB Skin test sometime this year,when you go for the medicals do they make you do that again or you only need a documentation to prove that?

Thanks!

I was told that the X-ray is proof enough! do you have it? can you get it?

Don't have it,but I can get it!So if you have X-ray you don't need the skin test?

Thanks.

When I went to the doctor he told me it is not smart to have the skin test done each time and that I should get a letter from the doctor along with the X-ray to prove that I'm immunized. I would call the doctor to ask if that would be proof enough! That is what I was told but I have not done it yet. I had a skin test done then the X-ray. I don't know what the immigration doctor would say. Call to confirm. Also, make sure the X-ray is dated

Guys,

Thanks!

i didn't have to redo another tb test as the last one i did was a yr prior to my USCIS medicals. there's no reason to pay more for an x-ray. U might as well just pay 10 bucks at the health department for the tb skin test and take the result to USCIS physician.

i didn't have to redo another tb test as the last one i did was a yr prior to my USCIS medicals. there's no reason to pay more for an x-ray. U might as well just pay 10 bucks at the health department for the tb skin test and take the result to USCIS physician.

Sometime if you're immunized the test is positive and the only way to prove you don't have TB is by doing an X-ray! So I guess if you have your results you can bring them with you to get the medicals done! :)

Thanks. I'll keep you informed.

I had an infopass today and I was told that the name check was cleared on the 07/26 but there has been no other updates on my file. The case hasn't been transferred to the local office yet and the EAD has not been approved.

I had an infopass today and I was told that the name check was cleared on the 07/26 but there has been no other updates on my file. The case hasn't been transferred to the local office yet and the EAD has not been approved.

dv2008gh, I'm really happy for you! At least you know that your name check was cleared, that is what takes the longest time. Call KCC to check on your file. I did today and found out that they sent it! Good luck, I'll keep you posted on my infopass on Friday!

dv2008gh, I'm really happy for you! At least you know that your name check was cleared, that is what takes the longest time. Call KCC to check on your file. I did today and found out that they sent it! Good luck, I'll keep you posted on my infopass on Friday!

Thanks. I thought when you opt for AOS, KCC ceases to have anything to do with your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I thought when you opt for AOS, KCC ceases to have anything to do with your case.

KCC keeps your file until it is requested by your local office! Until then it is pending. I don't know whether the calls I made or the email I sent to cisom... made a difference but as soon as my file was requested I received the interview letter. Actually, the interview letter was dated July 25 (Friday); I had my FP done on July 23 (Wed) and my file was requested by the local office on July 28 (Mon). All I can say is keep calling and checking on your file, it should be requested any time now. At least you know that your name check has cleared, now it is a matter of having that file requested to that an interview date can be scheduled.
Good luck...

KCC keeps your file until it is requested by your local office! Until then it is pending. I don't know whether the calls I made or the email I sent to cisom... made a difference but as soon as my file was requested I received the interview letter. Actually, the interview letter was dated July 25 (Friday); I had my FP done on July 23 (Wed) and my file was requested by the local office on July 28 (Mon). All I can say is keep calling and checking on your file, it should be requested any time now. At least you know that your name check has cleared, now it is a matter of having that file requested to that an interview date can be scheduled.
Good luck...

Thanks maconcita. What number should I call?

I called KCC and they said my case was transferred to the local office on the 07/24 but when I scheduled an infopass on the 07/29 the officer told me that apart from the name check there hasn't been any update on my file and my case hasn't been transferred to the local office yet.

Is this an anomaly or it's normal?

Call the Kentucky Consular Center to see if your DV package has been sent to your local office. They’ll ask for your lottery number, name, etc. I called 606-526-7500 it took about 10-15 min before I got someone on the line. But she was nice...

I called KCC and they said my case was transferred to the local office on the 07/24 but when I scheduled an infopass on the 07/29 the officer told me that apart from the name check there hasn't been any update on my file and my case hasn't been transferred to the local office yet.

Is this an anomaly or it's normal?

Really? If it was transferred you should have received an interview notice? do you have a lawyer? if so maybe they sent it directly to him.
I hope someone here had the same experience. I don't know what to tell you except my own experience... At least it's good news that you now know that your file was requested (they're working on it) and that your name was cleared. Maybe your local office is a busy one and they didn't get a chance to get to it yet? I wish you had known that before you went to the infopass yesterday, you could have told them that KCC confirmed they sent it to them.
Did anyone experience the same delay?
My local office is Baltimore, MD

Really? If it was transferred you should have received an interview notice? do you have a lawyer? if so maybe they sent it directly to him.
I hope someone here had the same experience. I don't know what to tell you except my own experience... At least it's good news that you now know that your file was requested (they're working on it) and that your name was cleared. Maybe your local office is a busy one and they didn't get a chance to get to it yet? I wish you had known that before you went to the infopass yesterday, you could have told them that KCC confirmed they sent it to them.
Did anyone experience the same delay?
My local office is Baltimore, MD

Thanks. If by next week I haven't heard anything from them I would schedule another infopass.