• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

I hope you'll hear something before Monday! Please keep us posted and I'll do the same!
Some posts show that they have received EAD and AP approvals 2 days after their FP????

Yea....but what I'm not sure is whether that is updated at the uscis website online or they schedule an infopass.

Yea....but what I'm not sure is whether that is updated at the uscis website online or they schedule an infopass.

That is a good point! I don't know.
I thought once cleared everything will be posted there (uscis site) since they have to update those forms right?
Some people mentioned receipt of their I131 approval before their FP, which is confusing to me.
I guess since DV2008 is almost over everything takes longer to process? :confused:

Actually, I already setup my online case status for email notification and they sent me an email. Then I checked my online status and I found that.

I registered to receive email notification as well; I have yet to receive one. You have been waiting quite a long time... you had your FP taken in April? :confused:

That is a good point! I don't know.
I thought once cleared everything will be posted there (uscis site) since they have to update those forms right?
Some people mentioned receipt of their I131 approval before their FP, which is confusing to me.
I guess since DV2008 is almost over everything takes longer to process? :confused:
I'll keep you informed if anything new happens.

dv2008gh, it seems that your case is pending name check. but it has been 6 business days, you should hear something soon. did you check on your case online (uscis.gov)?
I understand your frustration, I feel the same way :(

I'm actually also worry about this. I read somewhere that even after you had your interview, your name check may stay pending..is that true? My interview is not for another 2 weeks..and its August already. Will they be able to tell me my name check status during interview?

I'm actually also worry about this. I read somewhere that even after you had your interview, your name check may stay pending..is that true? My interview is not for another 2 weeks..and its August already. Will they be able to tell me my name check status during interview?

Yea it is true. Your name check can be pending even after an interview.
If you schedule an infopass today, they will be able to tell you whether your name check has cleared or not so at the interview they will be able to tell you that.
I plan scheduling an infopass next week to check the status of my name check. I'll keep you posted.

Had Our Interview Today

Hello
We finally had our interview today. White male

The officer was a serious fellow, hardly smiling.
I guess they are trained like that.

Anyhow we had prepared everything and organized in a file.

We took an oath, and the interview was recorded by a mini camera attached to the guy's computer.

The only things he went over is Social Security Number, Passports, Visa and I-94, which he handed back to us after the interview.

Asked basics birth and entry to country etc., and questions "did you commit" etc.

The only specific thing we had in the interview was that he asked for my wife's birth certificate.

He said everything looks alright, just that he would check for my wife's certificate. He told us that we would hear from them in a week.
We thanked him and he smiled.

Hello
We finally had our interview today. White male

The officer was a serious fellow, hardly smiling.
I guess they are trained like that.

Anyhow we had prepared everything and organized in a file.

We took an oath, and the interview was recorded by a mini camera attached to the guy's computer.

The only things he went over is Social Security Number, Passports, Visa and I-94, which he handed back to us after the interview.

Asked basics birth and entry to country etc., and questions "did you commit" etc.

The only specific thing we had in the interview was that he asked for my wife's birth certificate.

He said everything looks alright, just that he would check for my wife's certificate. He told us that we would hear from them in a week.
We thanked him and he smiled.

Awesome. Did u not have the orignal certificate with ya?

Awesome. Did u not have the orignal certificate with ya?
Well its a different case with us. In our country the citizenship ID counts as the certificate, but the officer didn't agree. He had a State Department manual in his computer, where he checked about our home country's specifics...

We'll hopefully get something from our consulate that will hopefully satisfy him

Hello everyone, I hope you had a nice weekend:D
I have a question that I hope you can help answer. I had my FPs done a week ago and was wondering if I should schedule an infopass to find out if my name check was cleared and when I should expect the interview. Based on my readings, the infopass expedites things and since September 30th is around the corner, I don't want to wait too late.
any suggestions? :confused:
Your help/comments are very much appreciated.
Thank you and good luck to all...

Hello everyone, I hope you had a nice weekend:D
I have a question that I hope you can help answer. I had my FPs done a week ago and was wondering if I should schedule an infopass to find out if my name check was cleared and when I should expect the interview. Based on my readings, the infopass expedites things and since September 30th is around the corner, I don't want to wait too late.
any suggestions? :confused:
Your help/comments are very much appreciated.
Thank you and good luck to all...

I'll schedule the infopass ASAP and figure out whats going on. there isn't anytime left to mess around.

I'll schedule the infopass ASAP and figure out whats going on. there isn't anytime left to mess around.

That sounds great! I just wanted to confirm whether it makes a difference since it's only been a week.
I'll schedule one today!
thank you for all of your input, it is very much appreciated.