• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Thanks!! But the letter is so plain, I wonder now whether this is an interview for DV or the employment based? because I have both. ANy way to check to make sure i bring the correct documents?

Glistenpearls: we were in the same boat as you. Employment based AOS pending and recently had our interviews for our DV based case. The letter was indeed for DV based case and only box checked amongst the list of documents on the letter was I94/Passport. We had received notices from the service center where our EB based cases were pending saying they are transferring our files to our local office. But anyways, we had taken all possible documents from both those filings..but the only thing they asked from us were our passports.

good luck!

infopass

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I had the Biometric done in May since then nothing. After 50 days from the biometrics I scheduled an infopass and the lady at USCIS office told me that THEY didn’t decide yet. No other words. I asked if my name was cleared… she gave me the same answer” They didn’t decide yet” She just didn’t want to talk to me. The appointment lasted less than 3 minutes. Is this normal? The office is in a different city and I don’t feel going again there to get the same answer. Is there any other way to get some info about my case?
Thank for reading and help.

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I had the Biometric done in May since then nothing. After 50 days from the biometrics I scheduled an infopass and the lady at USCIS office told me that THEY didn’t decide yet. No other words. I asked if my name was cleared… she gave me the same answer” They didn’t decide yet” She just didn’t want to talk to me. The appointment lasted less than 3 minutes. Is this normal? The office is in a different city and I don’t feel going again there to get the same answer. Is there any other way to get some info about my case?

You can write ur senator but u really don't have any choice at this time. U have to drive up to ur local USCIS office and figure out whats going on. Its really frustrating at times.

Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me the checks sent for Husband and wife gets cashed at the same time or at different times. Mine is not cashed yet.
I am worried...

Please reply

Thanks.

Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me the checks sent for Husband and wife gets cashed at the same time or at different times. Mine is not cashed yet.
I am worried...

Please reply

Thanks.

if both checks were in thesame application, then thats weird but u've got to understand that USCIS does weird things all the time. But if they were seperate applications and not in thesame envelope, i can see how one could get cashed first before the other.
Just give em a couple of days and see what happens. it might be a delay from your banks end.

singh2008,

I cannot really answer you there. I never thought of having a separate checks in the first place, because I know how USCIS even misplaced the medical docs-so its hard to say. It can be million other reasons, maybe they couldnt see there are 2 checks, maybe it slipped under your other documents--you just never know. Maybe you should really ask them, and see if maybe you should send another check and cancel the old one.

Thanks for your reply guys,

Actually we had enclosed the entire documents in 2 envelopes one for my Wife (DV winner) and myself and memtioned the CASE no outside the envelope. And each envelope had one check with case no. on it. My wife's check got cashed on july 16
(2 days earlier) but mine had not been cashed.

I called USCIS to ask about it and they said that it may take upto 7 days for the other checks to get cashed as it might have been seperated.

I will wait for another 3 days and inquire about it again.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply guys,

Actually we had enclosed the entire documents in 2 envelopes one for my Wife (DV winner) and myself and memtioned the CASE no outside the envelope. And each envelope had one check with case no. on it. My wife's check got cashed on july 16
(2 days earlier) but mine had not been cashed.

I called USCIS to ask about it and they said that it may take upto 7 days for the other checks to get cashed as it might have been seperated.

I will wait for another 3 days and inquire about it again.

Thanks again.

I think in our case there were a couple of days gap between our checks being cashed. I wouldn't worry too much about it yet. At least it's good that they've processed at least one of your apps. They should be getting to the other one soon.

Hello all,

I would try scheduling another infopass appt if it is not too difficult. I've had 4 or 5 appts so far and each time I spoke to a different officer. Also, have you tried calling up the 800 number and try and talk to an information officer? It's difficult to get past the initial customer service rep (who might not be of much help to you) ...but I've seen a lot of people who have spoken to an officer who might be able to tell you what is going on.

Hey Guys, I got my Greencard today,10 days after the interview. Thanks to all and i wish everyone else in the process goodluck.