• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

hi, everybody I want to shear my experince too and have some questions
First of all this is my time line
DV08AS00010xxx
jun 1: mail AOS package to lockbox
jun 6: cashed
jun 9: recieved notice
jun 14 : recieved biometric appointment ( should be on jun 27)
jun 18 : biometric done ( by walk in) they said because it's slow day... lucky me ;)
jun 30 : info pass / background check cleared
july 9: interview letter recieved (will be on Aug 12)

Right now my status on OPT and I have been worked for 5 months. I got the job right after I graduated. I have some question regarding on the interview process.
In the interview notice saying that they require. bank statment. W2 and ...
By the way my AOS package didnot include affidavite support.
So, Do I really have to show my bank statement and how much money should I show just in case they want to see. and I don't have W2 becuase I have been work only 4-5 months. hmmm I'm just worry *SIGH*

hi, everybody I want to shear my experince too and have some questions
First of all this is my time line
DV08AS00010xxx
jun 1: mail AOS package to lockbox
jun 6: cashed
jun 9: recieved notice
jun 14 : recieved biometric appointment ( should be on jun 27)
jun 18 : biometric done ( by walk in) they said because it's slow day... lucky me ;)
jun 30 : info pass / background check cleared
july 9: interview letter recieved (will be on Aug 12)

Right now my status on OPT and I have been worked for 5 months. I got the job right after I graduated. I have some question regarding on the interview process.
In the interview notice saying that they require. bank statment. W2 and ...
By the way my AOS package didnot include affidavite support.
So, Do I really have to show my bank statement and how much money should I show just in case they want to see. and I don't have W2 becuase I have been work only 4-5 months. hmmm I'm just worry *SIGH*

take a deep breath. U should be just fine. I had W-2's, Affidavit of support and bank statements and they never asked for it. Just to be on a save side, just have someone fill out an affidavit of support for yoou. You'll probably not use it because they can see that u are a college graduate and can be able to take care of urself. And besides, u already have a job. Also get an employment letter from whomever u work for.
Please trust me, don't sweat too much about this. They go easy on F-1 students who have maintained status.

DO NOT VOLUNTEER TO GIVE ANY DOCUMENT THEY DIDN'T ASK FOR DURING THE INTERVIEW.

take a deep breath. U should be just fine. I had W-2's, Affidavit of support and bank statements and they never asked for it. Just to be on a save side, just have someone fill out an affidavit of support for yoou. You'll probably not use it because they can see that u are a college graduate and can be able to take care of urself. And besides, u already have a job. Also get an employment letter from whomever u work for.
Please trust me, don't sweat too much about this. They go easy on F-1 students who have maintained status.

Congrats Johnkent -- this is fantastic news. Glad to hear you had an easy interview. Card shold roll in in about two weeks.

Seems like we were the only people to have a crazy interviewer. Oh well. I guess we are suspicious looking people.

Congrats! Finally, finally, finally ...............

actually you just make and info pass and ask the supervisor about your case because i did that and they told me right the way when was it cleared. After back ground check cleared, they will sent the interview letter in 2 weeks just in case that your number is current this month. good luck then

Hi guys,
Anyone knows that we suppose to receive LUD for NC cleared or interview letter sent?

We had an infopass today at the new immigration office that just opened In Durham, NC. We spoke to the same IO as 2 weeks ago. We only found out that our files were transfered to this office and when we asked if our names were cleared he said that since the file was transfered from the National Benefits Center it means the names are cleared... which I don't believe, because I've seen people on this forum which had their files in the local office even interviews and their names were not cleared yet. He said we should receive the interview letter in the next 90 days. Of course I started to explain him that we have to adjust status in before Sept 30th and he said we don't have to worry about that since our file is already there...I don't know what to think anymore.
As well I contacted the NC Congressman's office and they will try to find out what happens with our file. Have you contacted your Senator or Congressman. If not, do that they really help to move things...

Keep me posted if you find out something else. I'll do the same.

O in my case, i made an info pass/ they told me that my case was tranfered and background check was cleared then the front desk person told me like what u just said. then i asked her if i can talk to the supervisor. Then I talked to her and told her the situation that i can't wait that long. In the end she made a copy of my DV doc and told me that she is gonna rush for me and i should expect the interview letter in 30 days. However, I took only 2 weeks from that day. anyway good luck

O in my case, i made an info pass/ they told me that my case was tranfered and background check was cleared then the front desk person told me like what u just said. then i asked her if i can talk to the supervisor. Then I talked to her and told her the situation that i can't wait that long. In the end she made a copy of my DV doc and told me that she is gonna rush for me and i should expect the interview letter in 30 days. However, I took only 2 weeks from that day. anyway good luck

Thanks for the info. Hopefully everybody will have an happy end story!

Johnkent, congrats for your approval!

Got the welcome Notice today. Came pretty quick.
Am going to try and see if i can get my passport stamped on Monday as i am headed to Europe in 3wks. We all deserve some vacation after having to mess with USCIS

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the welcome Notice today. Came pretty quick.
Am going to try and see if i can get my passport stamped on sunday as i am headed to Europe in 3wks. We all deserve some vacation after having to mess with USCIS

Mr. Johnkent, I hadn't noticed you already had an interview. Anyways, a big congratulations to you, it's awesome that your GC finally came through. Wishing the best in the US.

So does this mean we'll be hearing less from you? ....lol :D

Mr. Johnkent, I hadn't noticed you already had an interview. Anyways, a big congratulations to you, it's awesome that your GC finally came through. Wishing the best in the US.

So does this mean we'll be hearing less from you? ....lol :D

nah, i'll be popping in every now and then. haha.

Passport Validity for AOS

Hey,
Our interview is on the 25th of July. My wife's passport is valid only till September 08.

Would this be a problem for the interview and greencard...
Does USCIS has any policies with regards to this...
thanks

Hey,
Our interview is on the 25th of July. My wife's passport is valid only till September 08.

Would this be a problem for the interview and greencard...
Does USCIS has any policies with regards to this...
thanks

The passport should be valid at least 6 months from the date the visa is stamped in the passport (which is a few days after the interview). If your interview is in September 2008, the passport should be valid until March-April 2009!
This is especially true for case processing outside US - I'm not sure about AOS.

Infopass

Hi everybody,

My wife and I had our Biometrics taken a couple of weeks ago and I am wonderin what happend to our case, so today I tried to schedule an Infopass appointment for the first time. But when visited the USCIS website I was not sure which kind of service I should choose. I selected "You need Service on a case that has already been filed", since I have already filed my application, but none of the options listed on the next page seemed to apply to me. My question is that which option should I choose. I really appreciate your help.

Hi everybody,

My wife and I had our Biometrics taken a couple of weeks ago and I am wonderin what happend to our case, so today I tried to schedule an Infopass appointment for the first time. But when visited the USCIS website I was not sure which kind of service I should choose. I selected "You need Service on a case that has already been filed", since I have already filed my application, but none of the options listed on the next page seemed to apply to me. My question is that which option should I choose. I really appreciate your help.

Check "you need information or other services" ; click next and then click continue and it will take you to a page were you fill in your personal info.