• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

Did anyone submit Police Certificate from their home country with their file? Is that necessary?

Generally, police certificate (or police clearance) is not necessary for AOS. But, I prepared one from my home country in case. You better ask this question from an officer during your coming infopass because as you see different local offices deal with our DV cases differently.
I asked the same question last time during my infopass and the officer said “ We do not NORMALLY need police certificate but every thing is up to your adjudicator so to be in safe side go ahead and get one”.

Good luck with your interview

Card Production Ordered :D:D:D

Cranberries, you had your interview on the 25th right? so it took them 5 days to process it. how did your interview go? Did they ask you anything specific? Did they let you know that you should get something soon?
Anything you want to share with us still waiting for that "Card Production email"? ;)
Thanks

Generally, police certificate (or police clearance) is not necessary for AOS. But, I prepared one from my home country in case. You better ask this question from an officer during your coming infopass because as you see different local offices deal with our DV cases differently.
I asked the same question last time during my infopass and the officer said “ We do not NORMALLY need police certificate but every thing is up to your adjudicator so to be in safe side go ahead and get one”.

Good luck with your interview

Thank you for responding. That is a good point! I will ask them on Friday. My main worry now is name check. I honestly hope it cleared. I don't know how time will pass between now and the 18th...

Thanks! and good luck to you and everyone too!
I'm just worry about my name check--I dont hv time to do infopass and its pretty far from where i live (about 2hrs drive). So I thought I will ask the officer during the interview, will that work?

Thanks! and good luck to you and everyone too!
I'm just worry about my name check--I dont hv time to do infopass and its pretty far from where i live (about 2hrs drive). So I thought I will ask the officer during the interview, will that work?

Absolutely, they will definetly tell you whether your name check was processed/cleared or not. Badluck2 called USCIS customer service and got them to transfer him to an officer and told them that he lived too far to be able to get an infopass and it worked (you can see his post, he described the call and what he said) you might want to give it a shot.
either way, your interview is around the corner, good luck with it. Make sure you have all of your paperwork ready.
Keep us posted...:rolleyes:

Absolutely, they will definetly tell you whether your name check was processed/cleared or not. Badluck2 called USCIS customer service and got them to transfer him to an officer and told them that he lived too far to be able to get an infopass and it worked (you can see his post, he described the call and what he said) you might want to give it a shot.
either way, your interview is around the corner, good luck with it. Make sure you have all of your paperwork ready.
Keep us posted...:rolleyes:

Thanks! I only need to wait another week so I think I will ask them then :D
Will definitely keep everyone posted regarding the interview.

Thanks! I only need to wait another week so I think I will ask them then :D
Will definitely keep everyone posted regarding the interview.

yeah, don't worry about Background check now. Focus on ur interview which for sure will be a piece of cake. Wish ya luck

I can't seem not to stay away from this website for a while.:D

Oh my God, I received a letter from USCIS yesterday mentioning that I'm missing documents and I need to send them ASAP! the documents mentioned are proof that I was in legal status. I have done an OPT in 2003 then again in 2006. I can't find my OPT card from 2003. Did anyone encounter such an issue? My I20 mentions the fact that I have applied for one but I can't find the actual card. What shall I do????

Oh my God, I received a letter from USCIS yesterday mentioning that I'm missing documents and I need to send them ASAP! the documents mentioned are proof that I was in legal status. I have done an OPT in 2003 then again in 2006. I can't find my OPT card from 2003. Did anyone encounter such an issue? My I20 mentions the fact that I have applied for one but I can't find the actual card. What shall I do????

U'll have to send all ur I-20's if you haven't done that already. Did u do ur first OPT after ur bachelors and the other one in 2006 after ur Masters? Since 2006, what status have u been in?
Was the letter specific as to what period of time they wanted you to show proof of Status?

hello people, ok so I think I screwed up big time. Is it true that every one who won the DV (AOS & CP) had to send $375 dollars to the department of state? I just found out about this. plz help

hello people, ok so I think I screwed up big time. Is it true that every one who won the DV (AOS & CP) had to send $375 dollars to the department of state? I just found out about this. plz help

I included the $375 with the package that I sent to KCC--and they sent me a receipt few days later. How come you've missed it? I think you should call them and ask about this.

I included the $375 with the package that I sent to KCC--and they sent me a receipt few days later. How come you've missed it? I think you should call them and ask about this.

well i missed this because my lawyer was supposed to be in charge of all this. But then yesterday I called the KCC and they said I was supposed to have sent a check of 375, and that was the first time I was hearing of that. So I quickly mailed them a check via overnight delivery. But I just wanted to be sure that was right. Because I still can't beleive my lawyer missed this.

Did you sent them copies of your I-20s? Is the OPT card what they ask from you? I'm just wondering because what do they mean by "Proof that you were in legal status".

If they want the proof that you were in legal status when you were in school, the proof would be your I-20, F-1 visa, and school transcript that shows that you were taking full course. If they want proof that you were in legal status when you were under OPT, then it would be your I-20s, OPT card, and maybe some kind of employment letter when you were under OPT in 2003 (not sure about this).

With the SEVIS system today, they should have all the information in the system. I guess they want some kind of hard documents.

Last edited by a moderator: