• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

stressedstudent (or may be not-so-stressed-anymore-student;-)- Sorry. I should have been more specific - if you are on certain NIV visas L1/L2/H1/H4, you can come back without AP. Congrats and thanks for the correction.
--T

Hello everyone,
Thanks for your replies.
We had our biometrics done today, everything went smooth...also, the employment card and the travel card were ordered today.
I'm waiting for the interview letter now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruxy, my cases for AP (I131) were approved yesterday according to USCIS web site, so hopefully you'll get yours soon

i know for the AP, u have to explain why you need one. i absolutely have no emergency as of right now that i need to fly overseas but how else can i ask for one.
do i just say i need one incase some urgent comes up?
Thanks

i know for the AP, u have to explain why you need one. i absolutely have no emergency as of right now that i need to fly overseas but how else can i ask for one.
do i just say i need one incase some urgent comes up?
Thanks

I wrote that I going to visit my home country at summer. Everything could happen - one could lost a job and as a result current visa. AOS case could be on a namecheck for 6+ months. So it's useful to have AP, just in case.

I am in the same boat!

Is there anyone still waiting for the interview letter who has filed for AOS to USCIS in October only?

I am still waiting for the interview letter.
Please respond who are in the same boat.

10/1/07 - USPS AOS package to Chicago
10/3/07 - Delivered AOS package
10/10/07 - Check cashed
10/13/07 - NOA Received (Dated Oct 10th)
10/17/07 - Biometrics Letter - Appointment 11/02
10/24/07 - Biometrics done
10/24/07 - EAD card proceesing started
11/2/07 - EAD card approved
11/8/07 - Received EAD card in mail
- Waiting for Interview call

Hi!!!! I am still waiting too! Biometrics done on Dec 15th, I received my EAD and Advance Parole last week, but I still waiting for the interview. Please keep me informed about your case.

Guys who sent their applications on January, have you received anything? I called today and talked with an officer about the apllication. He said that my name is not even in system. What does it mean? I sent my documents 32 days ago. The guys from INS said that it might take 90 days before I would get anything from the INS.

Guys who sent their applications on January, have you received anything? I called today and talked with an officer about the apllication. He said that my name is not even in system. What does it mean? I sent my documents 32 days ago. The guys from INS said that it might take 90 days before I would get anything from the INS.

Nazarov, you exactly in the same position as we were month ago. It's very sad, but unfortunately not much can be done. I'd say just wait, hopefully you'll receive NoA soon. I've wait almost 40 days.

We done our biometrics at Saturday, today our EAD cases change status to card production ordered. Also we received AP today. Waiting for interview letter.
Ruxy, have you received interview invitation and AP?

We done our biometrics at Saturday, today our EAD cases change status to card production ordered. Also we received AP today. Waiting for interview letter.
Ruxy, have you received interview invitation and AP?

MikeM,
I didn't receive the interview letter yet. However, the AP and AEA cards were ordered last Thursday and they say "Please allow 30 days for your cards to be mailed to you", so...I'm waiting:(

Last edited by a moderator:
MikeM,
I didn't receive the interview letter yet. However, the AP and AEA cards were ordered last Thursday and they say "Please allow 30 days for your cards to be mailed to you", so...I'm waiting:(

How soon can one request an expedite FBI name check. I know for Dv lottery winners, the sunset provisions covers that.

Anyone whose local office is St Paul, MN

Anyone here whose local office is St. Paul, MN ?
I am wondering is there anyone from this local office who has already done with interview or still waiting for interview call.

Please respond.

---------------------------

10/1/07 - USPS AOS package to Chicago
10/3/07 - Delivered AOS package
10/10/07 - Check cashed
10/13/07 - NOA Received (Dated Oct 10th)
10/17/07 - Biometrics Letter - Appointment 11/02
10/24/07 - Biometrics done
10/24/07 - EAD card proceesing started
11/2/07 - EAD card approved
11/8/07 - Received EAD card in mail
- Waiting for Interview call

What is sunset provision? Can someone specify more clearly how it is related to expedite name check.

Savy - the sunset reference is to the requirement that your greencard application be approved before Septemeber 30 - that is, Sept. 30 = the "sunset" on your chance to be approved in DV-2008. If your name check has not cleared by then, your chance is lost. So the concern with the name check holdup is that it won't allow sufficient time for interview and approval, or even just approval (assuming uoru interview had already been done). Because of this, USCIS apparently apply for expidition of any outstanding name check in around July, so there is time for approval (see, for example Jungu from last year on this forum). The biggest problem is for those with high numbers whose name checks only start in August or September and then get held up - these are less likely to get approved.

Hope this helps.

nazarov - my friend now got NOA on feb 2nd for application delivered Dec 27th to Chicago. long time... i am sure yours comes soon...