• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008--AOS only

I have not received NOA or my checks have not been cashed yet. I sent my package january 2nd. I see that other January people have not received anything yet. Have anyone whose number became current on january got NOA already?

I have a question regarding Alien number (A#)

My wife already had one as she received EAD as L2 visa holder. I put her A# in I-485 form when sent our docs, but when we received NoA, it has new A# for my wife.

Is it a problem?

MikeM,

Every time when you send in a new application they will give you a new A#. There is no problem. To be on the safe side you can give a call to USCIS.

Leny

I have a question regarding Alien number (A#)

My wife already had one as she received EAD as L2 visa holder. I put her A# in I-485 form when sent our docs, but when we received NoA, it has new A# for my wife.

Is it a problem?

Thanks leny, advwinner08.

JohnKent: Am interested in hearing how your infopass appt goes. My case number will be current in March and am off by only a handful in Feb. So wondering if I could send them out earlier.

Thanks,
--Tom

I had my infopass appointment today and i was told that my application will probably be denied if i turn it in early before my number becomes current.
i don't know how the other guy on this forum did his but he sure is very lucky

I called Customer service about this same issue and i was transfered to several people until i got to the guy who knew about Dv lottery. He said i could file early if i want to but the application might be put on hold or denied and he can't say for sure what would happen to it (hold or denied). He suggested that i file when my number becomes current.
And i asked him how early can i file assuming my number becomes current April 1st and he said i can file 30 days before that and i'll be just fine.
So for some of you who are current in March, you can actually file anything in febuary.
Thats it folks. thats all i know

Johnkent,

I just called USCIS from pure curiosity to see if I get another answer and I got!!! The lady who aswered the phone said that if may number becomes current April 1st then my applicantion should be submitted April 1st not earlier... Who should beleive?

I called Customer service about this same issue and i was transfered to several people until i got to the guy who knew about Dv lottery. He said i could file early if i want to but the application might be put on hold or denied and he can't say for sure what would happen to it (hold or denied). He suggested that i file when my number becomes current.
And i asked him how early can i file assuming my number becomes current April 1st and he said i can file 30 days before that and i'll be just fine.
So for some of you who are current in March, you can actually file anything in febuary.
Thats it folks. thats all i know

BN - I submitted in November and got my interview notice in early December. The interview is next week (eeeeee)

StressedStudent..
Can you tell me which is your local office where interview will be held. I had applied on Oct 1 and my biometrics was done on Oct 24 itself, but afterthat still waiting for the interview letter. My local office is St. Paul, Minneapolis which is around 5 hours drive from where I live. So I can't make an infopass appointment to go there and just ask what is happening with my case.

Does anybody else have the interview from this local office?

Kind of frustrating but still waiting....

BN - I submitted in November and got my interview notice in early December. The interview is next week (eeeeee)

Is there anyway to find out whether Name Check is cleared or not without setting infopass appointment. My local office is 5 hours drive from where I live, so can't go there just for asking whether name check is clear or not.
Any other alternatives or suggestions ???

Hi Savy - my local office is Chicago, I am surprised you have not had an interview letter and would suggest that if you have time, to make a trip to St Paul (I know 5 hours is a long time though). That said, the advice is to wait 90 days from the date of the first letter, and you are at that 90 days now, so call the helpline and tell them this, and tell them how far away you are - if the first person you talk to won't help, ask to speak to their supervisor (it works for me every time!). Also, there is no other way but for an infopass to find out about your namecheck - I searched and called about other ways, but had to go in to find out.

Re the poster who filed early - either he is a troll, or he got someone who knew nothing about DV. In any event, even though he was approved early he won't get the actual greencard until his number is eligible because there will be no visa available for him in the system (and if he claims to have got it then we know he is a troll!).

Hi Savy - my local office is Chicago, I am surprised you have not had an interview letter and would suggest that if you have time, to make a trip to St Paul (I know 5 hours is a long time though). That said, the advice is to wait 90 days from the date of the first letter, and you are at that 90 days now, so call the helpline and tell them this, and tell them how far away you are - if the first person you talk to won't help, ask to speak to their supervisor (it works for me every time!). Also, there is no other way but for an infopass to find out about your namecheck - I searched and called about other ways, but had to go in to find out.

Re the poster who filed early - either he is a troll, or he got someone who knew nothing about DV. In any event, even though he was approved early he won't get the actual greencard until his number is eligible because there will be no visa available for him in the system (and if he claims to have got it then we know he is a troll!).

Thanks for the response. By the way which letter you are referring to while saying first letter and wait for 90 days. In my case, I had received the NOA and Fingerprinting and biometric appointment letter and I already have the biometrics done. So now waiting for interview. I tried calling 1800 number and the response that I get is to wait for 6 months before follow up as GC processing takes 6 months. I guess apart from going to local office, I don't have other option but then again 5 hours drive is a bit lot. However when I check my status online, one of the line still says that "This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. ". Don't know where it is stucked...

Thanks for the response. By the way which letter you are referring to while saying first letter and wait for 90 days. In my case, I had received the NOA and Fingerprinting and biometric appointment letter and I already have the biometrics done. So now waiting for interview. I tried calling 1800 number and the response that I get is to wait for 6 months before follow up as GC processing takes 6 months. I guess apart from going to local office, I don't have other option but then again 5 hours drive is a bit lot. However when I check my status online, one of the line still says that "This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. ". Don't know where it is stucked...

Would suggest calling KCC and see if they sent your DV file out to USCIS. Perhaps NBC is waiting for it. Did you pay your $375 to DOS?

Would suggest calling KCC and see if they sent your DV file out to USCIS. Perhaps NBC is waiting for it. Did you pay your $375 to DOS?

seems you got me wrong. Actually I have already completed my Biometrics and fingerprinting. Its just that I am waiting for the interview letter for a long time. Just wondering what might be the reason behind taking so long

10/1/07 - USPS AOS package to Chicago
10/3/07 - Delivered AOS package
10/10/07 - Check cashed
10/13/07 - NOA Received (Dated Oct 10th)
10/17/07 - Biometrics Letter - Appointment 11/02
10/24/07 - Biometrics done
10/24/07 - EAD card proceesing started
11/2/07 - EAD card approved
11/8/07 - Received EAD card in mail
- Waiting for Interview call

seems you got me wrong. Actually I have already completed my Biometrics and fingerprinting. Its just that I am waiting for the interview letter for a long time. Just wondering what might be the reason behind taking so long

Seems you didn't listen to me.

NBC has to order your DV casefile from KCC (which includes your original lottery application). NBC sends ready-to-decide folders to the DOs so one reason why you might be waiting is a delay in the receipt of those records at NBC.

This happens and is often related to confusion around whether you paid the $375 to DOS.

So that is a reason why it might be taking so long.

Biometrics happens automatically once they get your 485. Interview letter happens once they route your file to the DO.

Seems you didn't listen to me.

NBC has to order your DV casefile from KCC (which includes your original lottery application). NBC sends ready-to-decide folders to the DOs so one reason why you might be waiting is a delay in the receipt of those records at NBC.

This happens and is often related to confusion around whether you paid the $375 to DOS.

So that is a reason why it might be taking so long.

Biometrics happens automatically once they get your 485. Interview letter happens once they route your file to the DO.

Ok I got you. I will call KCC to find out that. Is there any specific thing I need to ask them or just need to ask them whether my file has been forwarded to NBC or not. I had already paid $375 and got the paid receipt stamped from KCC.

Thanks for your help and suggestion

Thanks JohnKent. As always with USCIS, you get different answers depending on the person you speak to.

Thanks,
--Tom

Ok I got you. I will call KCC to find out that. Is there any specific thing I need to ask them or just need to ask them whether my file has been forwarded to NBC or not. I had already paid $375 and got the paid receipt stamped from KCC.

Thanks for your help and suggestion

I checked with KCC and they had sent my file to USCIS on Oct 29th. Now it seems I have no other choice but to wait for the interview letter.

stressedstudent: I am happy for you. Good luck with your interview.

From your signature I take it that you got your interview letter before your biometrics was done. That is awfully nice. For some reason I thought that the name process was initiated after the biometrics. Anyways good luck with the interview again. I hope we get our interview letters soon.

Thanks!

stressedstudent: I am happy for you. Good luck with your interview.

From your signature I take it that you got your interview letter before your biometrics was done. That is awfully nice. For some reason I thought that the name process was initiated after the biometrics. Anyways good luck with the interview again. I hope we get our interview letters soon.

Thanks!

Hi BN - in all honesty I think it is, as the American's here say, a total crap shoot when you get your letters and how your case progresses. I think it is a matter of keeping on top of where its at via infopass appointments, and if it goes too long, being savy enough to advocate your local congressman and/or hire a lawyer who can get something done. But its only early - January - so I have my bet your letter will be here soon!

Fingers crossed for everyone here.

Hi,

Has anyone whose number became current on January got the NOA confirmation? My package arrived on January 3d and still nothing.