• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2025 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

KCC email:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Once the DS-260 for the Principal Applicant has been submitted, the interview location can only be updated by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). Please send your request to KCCDV@state.gov with the physical address which you will be present at during the time of your interview. Unless the applicants are in the U.S. and adjusting status, all applicants on the case will be scheduled for interview with the Principal Applicant. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews, if needed.

If your interview has already been scheduled, you must contact the U.S. embassy or consulate to request a transfer of your case. The U.S. embassy or consulate will determine if it accepts your case for transfer.

Explanation: 1 week ago I wrote an email to KCC to change my Interview location to my home country, and they replied with the above email, I sent them my physical address as they requested but they responded with the same email, I am confused about my interview location was changed already or NOT

Hi everyone,

I initially submitted my DS-260 on August 8, but later unlocked it on September 6 to make some minor updates to my work history before resubmitting. My case number is below 1000 for EU, and I’m anticipating my interview will be around November or December, given the later submission (hopefully, the unlock won’t cause any delays).

I’m currently in the U.S. on an F1 OPT, but I’m planning to return home next week. My question is: should I unlock the DS-260 again to update my “Present Address” since I’ll be moving back home for the next 2 months waiting, or is this a minor change that I can simply address during the interview?

Thanks for your help!
Hi @SusieQQQ @Britsimon, any chance I could get your opinion on this?

Thank you again for your time.

2 months is temporary, I wouldn’t unlock it for that.

Are you going back to wait for the interview even though you don’t have a notice yet - did I understand that right?

That’s correct, thank you @SusieQQQ. Based on your experience, do you think I have a chance of being interviewed by the end of the year? I understand the DS-260 processing typically takes 1-2 months.

I’m asking because I plan to bring a job offer from a US company to the interview. We are in touch, and they are willing to wait for the green card, but I don’t want to delay it too much.

That’s correct, thank you @SusieQQQ. Based on your experience, do you think I have a chance of being interviewed by the end of the year? I understand the DS-260 processing typically takes 1-2 months.

I’m asking because I plan to bring a job offer from a US company to the interview. We are in touch, and they are willing to wait for the green card, but I don’t want to delay it too much.
I have no idea about chances of when you will interview. I don’t know how long they will take to process your DS260, I don’t know if there are any consulate specific issues at the consulate you will be attending. Have you emailed kcc to check, by the way, that you do not in fact already have an interview scheduled? There seems to be a problem with letters but people have been getting dates by asking directly. I personally would not make plans to move back until I got an interview notification (but my decision points may be different than yours, obviously)

I have no idea about chances of when you will interview. I don’t know how long they will take to process your DS260, I don’t know if there are any consulate specific issues at the consulate you will be attending. Have you emailed kcc to check, by the way, that you do not in fact already have an interview scheduled? There seems to be a problem with letters but people have been getting dates by asking directly. I personally would not make plans to move back until I got an interview notification (but my decision points may be different than yours, obviously)
Good point, I will definitely check with Kcc about the status of my application. Thank you again for taking the time!

Yes, the doctors office mentioned they require the case number starting with SNJ (which is the embassy). So, my question is what are my options if I cant get the medical in time before my interview.
Hi,

Just following up on my previous question, My interview is Scheduled for Oct 8 but still haven't received the 2nl. The embassy has sent out an email to register my appointment. However, I haven't done my medicals yet since the doctors office requires a case number starting with SNJ (embassy) and I am not sure if I can get my medicals done in time of the interview. What happens if I cant get my medical done by the time of the interview, and also can I attend the interview without the 2nl?

Hi,

Just following up on my previous question, My interview is Scheduled for Oct 8 but still haven't received the 2nl. The embassy has sent out an email to register my appointment. However, I haven't done my medicals yet since the doctors office requires a case number starting with SNJ (embassy) and I am not sure if I can get my medicals done in time of the interview. What happens if I cant get my medical done by the time of the interview, and also can I attend the interview without the 2nl?
Email the embassy back or call them to get the case number.

if you can’t get it done depending on embassy they may not let you attend without it, or you may be allowed to attend and send it in later -your case would be put on administrative processing until you can submit it to them in that case

Cropped_20240916_152641~2.jpgi am asking will this reflection on my face results to my photo being rejected ??
Just asking if anyone had similar experience

Hi,

2NLs are going out now.

My CA:2025AS000027XX
I received 2NL today as well but when I check ESC page , this letter still the same as 1NL .
I don't get any interview schedule information on this 2NL.

Is KCC inform me the interview schedule date today? but why my ESC letter did not change?

Thank you

2NLs are going out now.

My CA:2025AS000027XX
I received 2NL today as well but when I check ESC page , this letter still the same as 1NL .
I don't get any interview schedule information on this 2NL.

Is KCC inform me the interview schedule date today? but why my ESC letter did not change?

Thank you

Give it a day or so to update

Hi thanks for the information My name is the Elton I'm from Liberia and I won dv 2025 my Case is 45554 will I receive my second notification letter for an interview

Hi Xarthisius, and thank you so much for your help. How can I asses the performance of my embassy then? I'm realizing now that for DV2024 there were 137 Spanish selectees. However, the chart only shows 42 cases. Does that mean that the remaining 95 never got scheduled an appointment? Would that be an indicator of Embassy performance or how else could I asses this? Thanks again for your insight!
You basically need to check if for a given month, the embassy invites cases in range up to the published cutoff. It might be difficult to see for small posts, since there simply may not be enough cases.

Hi, is there anyone here need to use site usvisascheduling ? my embassy asked me to create account for delivery of my passport but I keep getting error when the application requested for my case number. Tried both with and without 0 in my case number but keep getting invalid case number. Tried calling the support but they also can’t help.

Hello everyone, I have a question. I have to do my interview in Montreal in November and let's say that I get the visa and that I get my passport back around November 20, 2024. Can I go to the border to have my GC validated in the morning, go eat in Plattsburgh and then come back to Canada to put my house up for sale and plan my move? or is it not possible to do it like that? thanks

Hello everyone, I have a question. I have to do my interview in Montreal in November and let's say that I get the visa and that I get my passport back around November 20, 2024. Can I go to the border to have my GC validated in the morning, go eat in Plattsburgh and then come back to Canada to put my house up for sale and plan my move? or is it not possible to do it like that? thanks

That's fine.

Hello,

while rereading the pre-interview checklist for my DV 2025 interview in November, in Montreal consulat, I saw that I had to upload documents.

"Bring the originals of all required documents, as well as one photocopy of each. You must also upload these documents to your online application. The Consulate will not upload documents for you."

I went to the link, and I don't see anywhere where to click to upload the documents.

Do you know if it’s a particularity of Montreal consulate or it’s an old information on their guide ?

Thank you

Maxime