• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Okay thanks
Let me give you a bit of insight, I’m here in the US on a B1/B2, I’m a doctor by profession so I’m here doing my medical board exams, I’m scheduled to write my exams in May all is paid for and everything and my interview is on the 18th of April. I figured it’s easier to just do AOS instead of flying back and forth. I actually thought it was going to be an easy process but as soon as I joined this platform I realized there’s a lot more to it.
And also I’m not a Cuban national but at the time I applied I was studying in Cuban and had temporary residency then which I no longer hold. I’m a Namibian Citizen, this being another reason why I’m skeptical on doing my interview in Cuba.
Yeah, you have some tough calls to make on how to proceed with your selection. Whichever option you decide to proceed with has potential risks which you will need to carefully weigh to help you decide on what to do.

Hello Mom, first thank you for help and feedback. I did my biometric 3 weeks back. I just checked my status online and it says " New Card Is Being Produced" is that means they waived the interview? And approved my Adjustment of status?
Again Thank you so much
Congratulations! ;):):cool:

Wow, congrats! Seeing that our timelines are close and you were approved is exciting for me. Btw when did you have your bio appointment? On the timeline it says Jan 2nd but I suppose you meant Feb 1st.
Thank you, yes my bio appointment was Feb 1st, sorry for the mistake. I hope you hear something very soon about you case.

Hi mom, I have submitted the package to USCIS. I just noticed that my DOB in my i20 forms are wrong. I have also submitted my passport, i94 and US visa which all has the correct date. What could happen in this situation?

Hi mom, I have submitted the package to USCIS. I just noticed that my DOB in my i20 forms are wrong. I have also submitted my passport, i94 and US visa which all has the correct date. What could happen in this situation?
I can’t project as to what could or may not happen in the is specific situation. You’ll just have to wait and see if the discrepancy gets called out or not.

Hey everyone, wanted to ask can I use emma for any questions regarding my case?

Also I still haven’t received any mail after my case was accepted around 21 days ago and on my.uscis I see “we mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case” and that my fingerprint fee is accepted. Is this normal?

I am also kind of worried so my DV AOS doesn’t get mixed up with regular processing time. On my package I wrote “Attn:AOS”

Thanks

I won DV 2024 lottery i am currently in USA my visa cutoff number will be in April 2024. What do i do i am very new

Please

Help
Have you done anything since finding out you were a DV selectee? Did you submit the DS260 form? The answers to the above questions will help better guide you.

Also I still haven’t received any mail after my case was accepted around 21 days ago and on my.uscis I see “we mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case” and that my fingerprint fee is accepted. Is this normal?

I am also kind of worried so my DV AOS doesn’t get mixed up with regular processing time. On my package I wrote “Attn:AOS”

Thanks
Yes, you can ask Emma anything about your pending AOS application.

Thanks
This is my question as well should we put AOS or something else? since we are using a certain family-based address
uscis-lockbox-filing-locations-chart-for-certain-family-based-forms
why not this one:
uscis-lockbox-filing-locations-chart

I can't put the complete links here

This is my question as well should we put AOS or something else? since we are using a certain family-based address
uscis-lockbox-filing-locations-chart-for-certain-family-based-forms
why not this one:
uscis-lockbox-filing-locations-chart

I can't put the complete links here
Using a certain family based address has nothing to do with how to follow up on your case. You have a DV based AOS application, that’s how you follow up on your case with USCIS, nothing else.

Thanks
Typing “Live chat” several times will connect you to agents. I dont know who they are, but they will tell you where the case is. For me, one agent took het time and told me that the case is in FO, last update on case. Another one just assumed and told the case is still at NBC. Dont know whom to believe.

Hi,
I got an acceptance text from USCIS for the AOS packet, five days back. It said that I will get form I 797C in the mail shortly. I haven’t received anything yet. Is there an approx timeline to get a mail? How will I know if my cashiers cheque has been cashed out ?

Hi,
I got an acceptance text from USCIS for the AOS packet, five days back. It said that I will get form I 797C in the mail shortly. I haven’t received anything yet. Is there an approx timeline to get a mail? How will I know if my cashiers cheque has been cashed out ?
1. Take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of approximately how long it took fellow AOSers to receive the NOA from when the acceptance text was received.
2. You’ll ideally follow up with your bank. However that’s probably irrelevant at this point if you already got the acceptance text message as that wouldn’t have been sent without the payment being processed.

Hi,
when was your delivery date?