• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi,

Since many of us are in the waiting period, there is nothing we can do apart from checking how our cases progress. I noticed that one of us received an interview letter. However, this information is recorded in the row belonging to Kikou55, who has already been approved. I believe someone mistakenly entered their information on the wrong row.

Hello Guys, I Just joined. I filled I-765 and I-131 for renewal. Got approved for I-765 after 11 months. Still waiting for I-131 Approval. I submitted 2 Photographs only. Is there 4 (2+2) photographs required?
Just to make everything clear for me and other people here, are you a diversity visa lottery winner? I think this timeline does not make sense for a DV winner.

Hi, my case status changed to 'Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview' nearly a month ago, but there haven't been any updates since then. A friend who used the same FO in previous years told me their interview was scheduled just a day after they received the same status update. This is making me worried there might be an issue. Is there anything I can do at this point? Thanks!

Hi, my case status changed to 'Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview' nearly a month ago, but there haven't been any updates since then. A friend who used the same FO in previous years told me their interview was scheduled just a day after they received the same status update. This is making me worried there might be an issue. Is there anything I can do at this point? Thanks!
Hi,

I also got the same update 3 weeks ago even 2 days before my biometrics appointment. I am still waiting. I am afraid that somehow they forgot to schedule the interview because my last updates is fingerprints were taken on the system but the paperwork is itself in the reviewed shelf. Maybe overthinking.

Have you initiated any form of case follow-up at this point?

Hi,

I also got the same update 3 weeks ago even 2 days before my biometrics appointment. I am still waiting. I am afraid that somehow they forgot to schedule the interview because my last updates is fingerprints were taken on the system but the paperwork is itself in the reviewed shelf. Maybe overthinking.
Considering most DV based cases do not even get the "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview" update before the interview gets scheduled, I do not believe this now means they forgot to schedule your interview. I would caution against reading much meaning into such an update which more often than not is only applicable to all other AOS cases with the exception of DV based ones. DV based cases typically do not get any other update after the fingerprints taken update until after the case is adjudicated.

Have you initiated any form of case follow-up at this point?
I just keep asking Emma, but they don't provide much information. The only thing they mentioned was that I have been placed in a queue for interview scheduling and that I should wait for a notice in the mail. Should I submit a congressional inquiry at this point?

I just keep asking Emma, but they don't provide much information. The only thing they mentioned was that I have been placed in a queue for interview scheduling and that I should wait for a notice in the mail. Should I submit a congressional inquiry at this point?
Considering you filed back in October, initiating a congressional inquiry at this point wouldn't be a bad idea.

Considering you filed back in October, initiating a congressional inquiry at this point wouldn't be a bad idea.
I am also in same situation, filed in October, did the fingerprints in November and nothing changed.

How long usually takes for congressional inquiry to work? I am also thinking starting this process.

I am also in same situation, filed in October, did the fingerprints in November and nothing changed.

How long usually takes for congressional inquiry to work? I am also thinking starting this process.
A congressional inquiry is basically what it says - case follow-up inquiry to get a status update - not necessarily to get a case approval. So asking how long it takes to work is like asking how long is a piece of string. Each congressman/woman’s office operates independently of one another. The urgency and the effort they attach to case inquiry assistance varies.

A congressional inquiry is basically what it says - case follow-up inquiry to get a status update - not necessarily to get a case approval. So asking how long it takes to work is like asking how long is a piece of string. Each congressman/woman’s office operates independently of one another. The urgency and the effort they attach to case inquiry assistance varies.
There is also USCIS e-request for Outside Normal processing times and it states it can be done in 6 months after filing. Not sure how is that effective though...

Hi,
I'm a student working on campus. I was wondering if I need to fill out form I-134 on my behalf or do I need to find a sponsor. And if I need to find a sponsor what should I write in 62. What is the size of your household? Should I write the total family members of my sponsor + me or just me?

Thank you

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi,
I'm a student working on campus. I was wondering if I need to fill out form I-134 on my behalf or do I need to find a sponsor. And if I need to find a sponsor what should I write in 62. What is the size of your household? Should I write the total family members of my sponsor + me or just me?

Thank you
Get a sponsor. Total number of your household is just you.

Hello everyone, my case number has not been current yet, but I am in the process of gathering my documents. My question is what is the " AOS notification letter from KCC". I found it as one of the documents that I need to provide. I should mention that I did not submit DS-260.

Hi Mom,
To avoid an RFE, do you think it’s a good idea to include an enrollment verification letter and my attendance records from my current school in my AOS package to prove that I have maintained my F1 status as the fiscal year is running out?

Hi Mom,
To avoid an RFE, do you think it’s a good idea to include an enrollment verification letter and my attendance records from my current school in my AOS package to prove that I have maintained my F1 status as the fiscal year is running out?
Including every supporting document reduces the changes you are getting RFE. This includes medical record form as well.