• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hey Mom,

This is a purely speculative query so feel free to tell me to sod off if outside the scope of this forum
As I’m sure you can imagine I’m hanging to my mailbox/refreshing the USCIS website often, and studying past year’s timeline spreadsheets as though I have an exam on them.

Although I’m aware that my FO (NYC) tends to be slower with scheduling interviews/waits for a few to land on their desk, it’s seems by this point of the year interviews are definitely being scheduled across the board. Is it strange that we have no (or possibly one, entered into the wrong field of the spreadsheet) interviews scheduled yet? Obviously the participants are only a small cross section and I’m probably looking too much into it.

Hi Mom,
I am a Ph.D. student in the US, and I already have my bachelor's and master's degrees both in original language and translated. Is it necessary to also have my high school degree?

Hi Mom,
I am a Ph.D. student in the US, and I already have my bachelor's and master's degrees both in original language and translated. Is it necessary to also have my high school degree?
A high school degree seems to be a required document for a DV based AOS based on the i 485 instruction. (see page 41). That, or 2 year work expereience in the last 5 years. Some IOs may ask for it, some may not.
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-485instr.pdf

Hey Mom,

This is a purely speculative query so feel free to tell me to sod off if outside the scope of this forum
As I’m sure you can imagine I’m hanging to my mailbox/refreshing the USCIS website often, and studying past year’s timeline spreadsheets as though I have an exam on them.

Although I’m aware that my FO (NYC) tends to be slower with scheduling interviews/waits for a few to land on their desk, it’s seems by this point of the year interviews are definitely being scheduled across the board. Is it strange that we have no (or possibly one, entered into the wrong field of the spreadsheet) interviews scheduled yet? Obviously the participants are only a small cross section and I’m probably looking too much into it.
Hi,

It is good to learn that I am not the only one who is looking the timelines multiple times each day:)
It seems to me that some field offices are giving due diligence to DV cases and process them immediately whereas it increasingly looks like some process it just like any other case. I realized two people joined to the bottom of the timeline sheet. Even though it looks like we have less number of people filling the sheet compared to last year. Probably more people will join as the fiscal year approaches to end.

Interestingly, there was anyone from my office last year. I saw cases from 2022,2021 and 2017. The office never waives an interview. However, all of them were approved in 3-4 months.

Based on what I infer @kikou55 is from the same office as you @Peachy300 hence you should be expecting something I believe soon.

Hi Mom,
As they said some FO ask for the high school diploma. However, in my case Idid not send it and I get approved without it. It totally depends on the FO.

Hi,

It is good to learn that I am not the only one who is looking the timelines multiple times each day:)
It seems to me that some field offices are giving due diligence to DV cases and process them immediately whereas it increasingly looks like some process it just like any other case. I realized two people joined to the bottom of the timeline sheet. Even though it looks like we have less number of people filling the sheet compared to last year. Probably more people will join as the fiscal year approaches to end.

Interestingly, there was anyone from my office last year. I saw cases from 2022,2021 and 2017. The office never waives an interview. However, all of them were approved in 3-4 months.

Based on what I infer @kikou55 is from the same office as you @Peachy300 hence you should be expecting something I believe soon.
You most certainly aren’t the only one, I can assure you of that!

Yes it doesn’t appear that NYC ever waives the interview. Unfortunately Kikou’s line in the tracker has a lot missing, their number doesn’t align with their current date, and we’re uncertain if they entered the interview dates (I’m pretty sure they said their interview was waived? Which is strange for NYC?) so sadly I can’t use that as a reliable source of guidance.

As you said, some offices don’t seem to prioritize the DV to the same level as others… just hoping that it doesn’t come down to the wire for any of us!

Hey Mom,

I'll recommend you take a look at some of the past Timeline spreadsheets (2 to 3 years back) to get a better insight into how DV based AOS cases from your FO progressed over time. Trying to compare your progress with other cases across board in general is a futile one IMO since the FOs do not operate along the same pace.

Hi Mom,
Thanks for the reply. Me and my wife received bio notice now. So should I still be needing the NOA?
Having the NOA is a good idea, it is the actual proof of a pending AOS application. If you already received the bio notice at this point and the NOA itself has failed to show up, then yes you need to start following up on it. You can start with chatting up EMMA. If the issue is not successfully resolved, then submit e-Request.

Hi Mom,
We've had reports of some IOs who insisted on seeing the actual HS Diploma in the past.

Hi,

Not quite accurate about some FOs processing DV based AOS cases like any other. If that were to be accurate, those DV based AOS cases will be waiting much more longer, possibly beyond the applicable FY before seeing any movement. In general, DV cases are still being prioritized (year after year, even with the FOs that seem 'slow') over all the other AOS cases.

Yes, you're right. More people will eventually add their cases to the spreadsheet. Some just want until they finish the process before dumping their updates, which really defeats the number one of the spreadsheet - which is that of helping one another as you all go through the process together.

You most certainly aren’t the only one, I can assure you of that!

Yes it doesn’t appear that NYC ever waives the interview. Unfortunately Kikou’s line in the tracker has a lot missing, their number doesn’t align with their current date, and we’re uncertain if they entered the interview dates (I’m pretty sure they said their interview was waived? Which is strange for NYC?) so sadly I can’t use that as a reliable source of guidance.

As you said, some offices don’t seem to prioritize the DV to the same level as others… just hoping that it doesn’t come down to the wire for any of us!
Yeah, @kikou55's information on the Timeline spreadsheet is rather unreliable - they have refused to provide pertinent information despite being encouraged to do so on more than one occasion. They were encouraged to guesstimate some of the dates (which I do not think it is that hard to do) because they claimed their lawyer filed for them, but wouldn't do so. Even their listed CN is unreliable consider the EU region had a cutoff number of 6,000 in December, and 12,000 in January, but they listed their EU11XXX as being current in December. So due to the data points not being quite reliable, the info has been moved to the end of the spreadsheet.

I'll recommend you take a look at some of the past Timeline spreadsheets (2 to 3 years back) to get a better insight into how DV based AOS cases from your FO progressed over time. Trying to compare your progress with other cases across board in general is a futile one IMO since the FOs do not operate along the same pace.
Thanks for the advice! I had been optimistically hoping that my case may follow the timeline of a fellow NYC FO entrant from last year who had a similar filing date to myself, but alas things seem to be a bit slower for me. Time to really exercise my patience!

Hello Mom and all,

quick question about 62. What is the size of your household? in I-485.

I'm here in the US with visitors visa. Back home I was living with my parents. But, here I'm living with my friends (for now) who have their own income and expenses. So, I have my own account in a way and only sharing some of the cost, grocery mostly. Do my parents back home (or friends here) count as households?

Thanks!

Hello Mom and all,

quick question about 62. What is the size of your household? in I-485.

I'm here in the US with visitors visa. Back home I was living with my parents. But, here I'm living with my friends (for now) who have their own income and expenses. So, I have my own account in a way and only sharing some of the cost, grocery mostly. Do my parents back home (or friends here) count as households?

Thanks!
Your household size is 1.

Hey there,

I sent the money order for the DV fee three weeks ago, and today I got the 2NL email from KCC. However, I haven't received the fee receipt in my mailbox yet.
I've actually changed my address since winning the DV lottery, and in the PDF file attached to the email, my old address was listed even though I provided my new address with the money order. Do you think this matters? Should I shoot KCC an email to update my address in that letter?

Hey there,

I sent the money order for the DV fee three weeks ago, and today I got the 2NL email from KCC. However, I haven't received the fee receipt in my mailbox yet.
I've actually changed my address since winning the DV lottery, and in the PDF file attached to the email, my old address was listed even though I provided my new address with the money order. Do you think this matters? Should I shoot KCC an email to update my address in that letter?
The 2NL is auto generated based on the information provided on the submitted entry form back in 2022, it has nothing to do with the address written on payment form. There's no need to send KCC an email with your updated mailing address at this point. The DV payment receipt will be sent to whichever address you have listed on your SASE, which I'm assuming you submitted with the payment.

Hi Mom and all,

I will send my AOS package hopefully mid next week (pending receipt but it is on the way), and I'm signing my check now, but since I-485 application fee is changing as of April 1, should I take the shipping time into consideration now when signing my personal check? I am not sure which amount I should be putting in my check.

Thanks!

Edit: My understanding from USCIS website is the date on the application form makes the difference. So I think I can still write the old fee.