• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

1. Take a look at the Timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of approximately how long it took fellow AOSers to receive the NOA from when the acceptance text was received.
2. You’ll ideally follow up with your bank. However that’s probably irrelevant at this point if you already got the acceptance text message as that wouldn’t have been sent without the payment being processed.
Thank you.

There was no option like this

Case. Currently in KCC
Yes, there was an option for indicating if you’re processing AOS (in the US) or CP (local embassy in your home country). Anyway from the information in your follow up post, I’m able to deduce you selected AOS.

So now next step is to educate yourself on what the AOS process entails, you need to do that by reading the first post on page one of this thread. That post has two links to the two major tools you need to familiarize yourself with starting with the first one, the AOS Process Spreadsheet, it contains a step by step guide of what you need to do, in addition to having information to some AOS FAQs. Spend some quality time going through that, then post any follow up questions you may have after going through the spreadsheet on this thread.

Should I apply Adjustment of status from I 485 ?

Also do I have to pay fees to KCC ?

Do I have to pay fess to USCIS?

Do I have to do medical?

Will USCIS finish my case before deadline 30th September 2024 or I loose my opportunity and money as processing fess?

Do I have to do medical?

Will USCIS finish my case before deadline 30th September 2024 or I loose my opportunity and money as processing fess?
Did you go through the post and the links I referred you to?

Do I have to do medical?

Here is the link in case you cannot locate it. AOS Process Spreadsheet.

You have to read ALL the sheets in this valuable resource mom has put for us for free. I hate to say this, but you have to act fast-- April will be here very soon. You dont want to be delaying this any longer. The DV payment to Dept of State and medicals are you first priority, I think. Next you will be collecting and preparing your i485 forms.

Dont wait, start thoroughly reading the AOS process spreadsheet. Your success may heavily rely on you thoroughly understanding the contents of this document if you are doing the AOS by yourself.

Good luck!

It’s confusing
can I have good immigration lawyer so can help me

But lots of lawyers don’t know about DV lottery they only process asylum cases because DV lottery cases are very low specially who won in USA

It’s confusing

But lots of lawyers don’t know about DV lottery they only process asylum cases because DV lottery cases are very low specially who won in USA
It can be confusing to begin with.

But if you read through this forum, visit the linked spreadsheets and follow the process it actually starts to make sense.

I know you don't want to mess anything up, or forget something, but I suggest you read through everything first and then come back to the forum and clearly list out your questions. Everyone is very helpful, but they're not going to do the work for you. YOU are the only person who cares whether you get a greencard or not, so you should be the most knowledgeable about the process and how it affects you.

It’s confusing

This forum is a DIY platform which is why we’ve put the AOS process spreadsheet which you’ve been asked a couple of times to go over. You’ll be surprised at the number of access requests to that spreadsheet that I receive on an annual basis from lawyers’ offices Or the number of selectees who did hire lawyers but end up in this forum to use the spreadsheet or refer their lawyers to it.

Yeah, the spreadsheet may seem overwhelming initially, you just need to slow down enough and carefully go through it. Here’s a suggestion, start by going through the “AOS Process” tab first, followed by the “AOS FAQ” tab. No lawyer is as vested in your success as you are, so take the time to educate yourself and get the process rolling.

Hello Mom, Is there anywhere in I-485 form i should/or suppose to mention the petition filed by my sibling for greencard? I thought it was in Part 2 question 3 onwards. But after asking the question here in the past, it was suggested not to provide the information in part 2 Question 3.
Please advise.

Hello Mom, Is there anywhere in I-485 form i should/or suppose to mention the petition filed by my sibling for greencard? I thought it was in Part 2 question 3 onwards. But after asking the question here in the past, it was suggested not to provide the information in part 2 Question 3.
Please advise.
How many times do we have to go over this? The pending sibling petition or any other petition for that matter has absolutely NOTHING! to do with the DV based AOS application. Nothing!!

Hello Guys, I Just joined. I filled I-765 and I-131 for renewal. Got approved for I-765 after 11 months. Still waiting for I-131 Approval. I submitted 2 Photographs only. Is there 4 (2+2) photographs required?

Hello Guys, I Just joined. I filled I-765 and I-131 for renewal. Got approved for I-765 after 11 months. Still waiting for I-131 Approval. I submitted 2 Photographs only. Is there 4 (2+2) photographs required?
Yes, 4 photos are required if you apply to both.