• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Quick question
1. I used an attorney in filing my I-485 ( I didn’t know of this platform until recently). On the G-28 the attorney selected that notices be mailed to his business (1a). My question is, will notices such as my biometrics appointment, the noa, rfes and other notices (if any) all be sent to only the attorney or I will receive a copy as well at the address I used when filing.

Hello, I need advice. My case has been transferred to the consular office in Cuba and my appointment has been scheduled however I’m currently in the US and would rather opt for AOS how can I go about that?

You WILL need the bivalent booster.
Just called the CS office and the assistant still told me that it is not needed but to be on the safe side, I’ve booked an appointment at cvs today and will get a pfizer booster. It seems it is free at cvs :)

Hello, I need advice. My case has been transferred to the consular office in Cuba and my appointment has been scheduled however I’m currently in the US and would rather opt for AOS how can I go about that?
If your case file has already been transferred by the KCC to your applicable embassy based on you selecting CP as your processing option on your DS260 and has been scheduled for a CP interview, then it is rather too late to switch over to AOS at this point. Not unless you can work directly with the embassy and get them to send back your case file to the KCC to enable the KCC forward to the FO with jurisdiction over your current place of residence for AOS processing.

Just called the CS office and the assistant still told me that it is not needed but to be on the safe side, I’ve booked an appointment at cvs today and will get a pfizer booster. It seems it is free at cvs :)
As of last month per this post, CDC required updated 2023-2024 Vaccine booster shots be administered as part of the medical exam for AOS applicants for those who have not received it. So do keep us updated.

Hey Mom,

I know that I have double checked this question (prior to finding this wonderful resource) but my husband is having kittens getting stressed about the below.
My husband just received notice that his PERM has been approved for work based GC. Meanwhile we have both completed biometrics based on my DV win and are awaiting our interview (NYC CO so anticipate this as almost a certainty). My understanding is that there is no risk to having two horses in the race so to speak, however he has concerns.

He would rather not alert his employer of the DV win just yet if avoidable (it's an odd company). Do you have any insight into having two separate applications ongoing?

Hey Mom,

I know that I have double checked this question (prior to finding this wonderful resource) but my husband is having kittens getting stressed about the below.
My husband just received notice that his PERM has been approved for work based GC. Meanwhile we have both completed biometrics based on my DV win and are awaiting our interview (NYC CO so anticipate this as almost a certainty). My understanding is that there is no risk to having two horses in the race so to speak, however he has concerns.

He would rather not alert his employer of the DV win just yet if avoidable (it's an odd company). Do you have any insight into having two separate applications ongoing?
No issue with having multiple applications in the system at the same time. And your husband is not obligated to inform his employer of his personal pending filing.

Quick question
1. I used an attorney in filing my I-485 ( I didn’t know of this platform until recently). On the G-28 the attorney selected that notices be mailed to his business (1a). My question is, will notices such as my biometrics appointment, the noa, rfes and other notices (if any) all be sent to only the attorney or I will receive a copy as well at the address I used when filing.
Anyone with any information on this please

Quick question
Anyone with any information on this please
You could have asked your attorney this question though …. anyways, the answer can also be found on the G-28 Instructions itself:

Item Numbers 1.a. - 1.c. Options Regarding Receipt of USCIS Notices and Documents. The client must select Item Numbers 1.a. - 1.c. if he or she wants USCIS to send original notices and/or secure identity documents to the attorney or accredited representative of record. When Item Numbers 1.a. and 1.b. are selected, original notices and secure identity documents will be sent to the attorney or accredited representative of record and copies will be sent to the client. If the client wants to receive notices containing Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, rather than having USCIS send these notices to the attorney or accredited representative of record, Item Number 1.c. must be selected.

If your case file has already been transferred by the KCC to your applicable embassy based on you selecting CP as your processing option on your DS260 and has been scheduled for a CP interview, then it is rather too late to switch over to AOS at this point. Not unless you can work directly with the embassy and get them to send back your case file to the KCC to enable the KCC forward to the FO with jurisdiction over your current place of residence for AOS processing.
Okay thank, I spoke to the respective embassy and they mentioned that they can only transfer my case once USCIS requests for it. Which got me very confused, because the only time USCIS will have info about me is when I file for AOS.

Okay thank, I spoke to the respective embassy and they mentioned that they can only transfer my case once USCIS requests for it. Which got me very confused, because the only time USCIS will have info about me is when I file for AOS.
That is correct. USCIS only becomes aware of your case after filing for AOS. When USCIS (through your applicable FO) is ready to adjudicate your AOS application, they will contact the KCC to request your KCC file, and if the KCC already sent the file to the embassy, they will not be able to respond to the request as they (the KCC) no longer have anything to do with your case at that point. So the onus will be on you to be able to successfully coordinate getting the KCC file sent by the embassy to the FO. USCIS typically does not reach out to embassies to request KCC files, they reach out to the KCC for that.

That is correct. USCIS only becomes aware of your case after filing for AOS. When USCIS (through your applicable FO) is ready to adjudicate your AOS application, they will contact the KCC to request your KCC file, and if the KCC already sent the file to the embassy, they will not be able to respond to the request as they (the KCC) no longer have anything to do with your case at that point. So the onus will be on you to be able to successfully coordinate getting the KCC file sent by the embassy to the FO. USCIS typically does not reach out to embassies to request KCC files, they reach out to the KCC for that.
Thank you so much

Based on your experience which is the better option to proceed with CP or AOS taking into account time and all else.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not asking for you to make the decision for me, I just want to get a different perspective from someone who has knowledge on immigration.

Based on your experience which is the better option to proceed with CP or AOS taking into account time and all else.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not asking for you to make the decision for me, I just want to get a different perspective from someone who has knowledge on immigration.
Yes, I'm aware you're not asking me to make the decision for you. However, since I have no insight into the reason(s) as to why you're contemplating the change at this point, I cannot tell you the best option to proceed with. I also have no idea as to the amount of leverage you personally have with the embassy considering you stated they already informed you they can transfer your case if USCIS asks for it, from past experience I'm aware most embassies do not readily agree to do this or provide such information upfront, so again, I cannot tell you the best option to proceed with.

However, personally, with the interview already being scheduled, I would be making preparation to attend my interview as is, as against contemplating switching over to AOS at this point.

Yes, I'm aware you're not asking me to make the decision for you. However, since I have no insight into the reason(s) as to why you're contemplating the change at this point, I cannot tell you the best option to proceed with. I also have no idea as to the amount of leverage you personally have with the embassy considering you stated they already informed you they can transfer your case if USCIS asks for it, from past experience I'm aware most embassies do not readily agree to do this or provide such information upfront, so again, I cannot tell you the best option to proceed with.

However, personally, with the interview already being scheduled, I would be making preparation to attend my interview as is, as against contemplating switching over to AOS at this point.
Okay thanks
Let me give you a bit of insight, I’m here in the US on a B1/B2, I’m a doctor by profession so I’m here doing my medical board exams, I’m scheduled to write my exams in May all is paid for and everything and my interview is on the 18th of April. I figured it’s easier to just do AOS instead of flying back and forth. I actually thought it was going to be an easy process but as soon as I joined this platform I realized there’s a lot more to it.

Okay thanks
Let me give you a bit of insight, I’m here in the US on a B1/B2, I’m a doctor by profession so I’m here doing my medical board exams, I’m scheduled to write my exams in May all is paid for and everything and my interview is on the 18th of April. I figured it’s easier to just do AOS instead of flying back and forth. I actually thought it was going to be an easy process but as soon as I joined this platform I realized there’s a lot more to it.
And also I’m not a Cuban national but at the time I applied I was studying in Cuban and had temporary residency then which I no longer hold. I’m a Namibian Citizen, this being another reason why I’m skeptical on doing my interview in Cuba.

Hello Mom, first thank you for help and feedback. I did my biometric 3 weeks back. I just checked my status online and it says " New Card Is Being Produced" is that means they waived the interview? And approved my Adjustment of status?
Again Thank you so much
Yup! It means your interview was waived, and you're now a LPR (well, unofficially until you receive your GC ;)). Congratulations. Please remember to update the Timeline spreadsheet.