• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

So this information is given by regular Tier-1 agent right? As you see in the attached screenshot, one Emma agent claims this type of information is internal to the office and hence they do not have access. I don't understand why they refuse to share it even if they do see it.
Based on my experience, the amount of useful information you can get from live EMMA agents is little to none. It also depends on the agent. Some try to be helpful but most are either inpatient or don't possess the knowledge about DV AOS. I had a few agents ask me to contact them after waiting 18 months (which is the avg. processing time for family based gc at the Chicago FO) and then hastily disconnected. It's easier to track your case on your USCIS account where you can find all the relevant information pertaining to your case. Don't worry if it doesn't update bc mine didn't update after biometrics for 6 months until they approved it out of the blue. I really thought my case had fallen through the cracks and even submitted a congressional inquiry (posted about that earlier). It's a waiting game and I can relate to the amount of stress and anxiety people feel during the process. Hope it goes smoothly for you and everyone else.

Dear @gokhanabd and @Plus19 .
Saw your comment in Spreadsheet.
Just don’t scold me for such simple questions! :)
(1) How do you know WHEN case at FO? And "the last action" on him (as I understand it, is this when his IO looks last time your case).

I just try to ask EMMA (first time in my life) - she doesn't understand me - she only shows links to track my case by number. And when I wrote the case number in chat with EMMA - she said that you can’t write that here... :D

(2) Let me generalize the question:
HOW and WHAT should I ask Emma to get the same information as you?
Just type 'live agent', it worked for me. I think response you will get from agent will be random as described by others. Some of them share information some of them don't. I think you need to try multiple times to get that information, where is your case at etc. :)

Hi, mom

Still have a question from I-485. As mentioned previously, my spouse has listed both my address and her address as 'Present.' Does she need to explain this in Part 14?

Hi all and mom, I've visited a CS today and I have a few questions regarding the medical exam.
1. They sent me to a lab to get my blood taken. On the form I took to the lab, only Quantiferon-TB and RPR w/reflex titer were marked. Not a doctor but as per my understanding, these are for TB and Syphilis. Do I need to worry about the Hansen's disease test or are they together with Syphilis?
2. They didn't ask for the urine test. Should I still ask for it or is it CS' discretion to not have one? Just asking to understand if I should be worried about it.
3. Is there a requirement for Covid-19 booster within last 1-year?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all and mom, I've visited a CS today and I have a few questions regarding the medical exam.
1. They sent me to a lab to get my blood taken. On the form I took to the lab, only Quantiferon-TB and RPR w/reflex titer were marked. Not a doctor but as per my understanding, these are for TB and Syphilis. Do I need to worry about the Hansen's disease test or are they together with Syphilis?
2. They didn't ask for the urine test. Should I still ask for it or is it CS' discretion to not have one? Just asking to understand if I should be worried about it.
Thanks!
My CS did not test me for leprosy (Hansen's disease) either, but marked no leprosy in the form. She did not test for Gonorrehea either.

My CS did not test me for leprosy (Hansen's disease) either, but marked no leprosy in the form. She did not test for Gonorrehea either.
Thank you! Just edited my post with the 3rd question. I would appreciate if you know anything about the covid situation. Question is:

I've taken a two doses of shots a couple of years ago and I have the certificate and all that from my home country. CS said it should be fine but I just wanted to make sure it is okay.

Thank you! Just edited my post with the 3rd question. I would appreciate if you know anything about the covid situation. Question is:

I've taken a two doses of shots a couple of years ago and I have the certificate and all that from my home country. CS said it should be fine but I just wanted to make sure it is okay.
My CS asked for a Covid booster taken within last year.

Thanks!
1. I don't know. Discuss your concerns with your CS and take a close look at your copy of the signed I-693 to confirm no section has been left unchecked/unmarked.
2. Applicable to applicants 18-24 years old. If you're outside of that age range, then it makes sense for your CS to not request the test.
3. Yes, there is.

If you're within 18-44 years age range and display physical signs, your CS should have tested for Hansen's disease. Urine test for Gonorrhea is for applicants within the 18-24 years age range, so if you're outside that age range and do not display physical signs of gonorrhea, it makes sense for your urine sample to not be tested for it.

If you're within 18-44 years age range and display physical signs, your CS should have tested for Hansen's disease. Urine test for Gonorrhea is for applicants within the 18-24 years age range, so if you're outside that age range and do not display physical signs of gonorrhea, it makes sense for your urine sample to not be tested for it.
oops.

Quick question: Do you get email notifications on my.uscis when your case proceeds or you need to manually check for updates?

Thanks.

Quick question: Do you get email notifications on my.uscis when your case proceeds or you need to manually check for updates?

Thanks.
Text or email notification is a one-time event only (which is based on the G-1145 form that gets submitted with the AOS package). No additional text or email notification after that.

1. I don't know. Discuss your concerns with your CS and take a close look at your copy of the signed I-693 to confirm no section has been left unchecked/unmarked.
2. Applicable to applicants 18-24 years old. If you're outside of that age range, then it makes sense for your CS to not request the test.
3. Yes, there is.
Thank you. I understand CS can mark Hansen's without requiring a test then. So, as long as they are marked, I guess we are safe.

I've made some google search and there may not be a blood test for Hansen's. It seems like the test is usually done ,when suspected, using a biopsy taken from the skin. So, I think CS just mark it that way unless they suspect the patient has it.

My CS asked for a Covid booster taken within last year.
3. Yes, there is.

Thank you for the Covid related answers. I will see how it goes then. I'm not an anti-vaxxer but I just don't want to take a shot unless it is really needed and I'm not sure if I should be worried about it even if my CS says what I have (last shot is older than a year) is fine. Also, Covid shots are pricey!

Thank you for the Covid related answers. I will see how it goes then. I'm not an anti-vaxxer but I just don't want to take a shot unless it is really needed and I'm not sure if I should be worried about it even if my CS says what I have (last shot is older than a year) is fine. Also, Covid shots are pricey!
You WILL need the bivalent booster.

Thank you. I understand CS can mark Hansen's without requiring a test then. So, as long as they are marked, I guess we are safe.

I've made some google search and there may not be a blood test for Hansen's. It seems like the test is usually done ,when suspected, using a biopsy taken from the skin. So, I think CS just mark it that way unless they suspect the patient has it.
Yes, the CS said that she checked for Hansen's when she examined by body. So all good!