• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello everyone,
I want to that this forum again for being a great help for DV AOSers.

I've got one more question:

My DV-2024 GC has been approved on 9/26 (my card show this date in "resident since").

My company filed my L-1B visa extension petition earlier in September, but receipt notice for the shows 9/27 receipt date for I-129, I-907 and I-539 for dependents. Today I've got and e-mail from my employer's lawyer that my I-129 has been approved yesterday 10/8 extending validity of my L-1B status to January 2027. Will this compromise my LPR status anyhow? I expected that my pending L-1B extension petition will be automatically denied once I become LPR...

Hello everyone,

My DV-2024 GC has been approved on 9/26 (my card show this date in "resident since").

My company filed my L-1B visa extension petition earlier in September, but receipt notice for the shows 9/27 receipt date for I-129, I-907 and I-539 for dependents. Today I've got and e-mail from my employer's lawyer that my I-129 has been approved yesterday 10/8 extending validity of my L-1B status to January 2027. Will this compromise my LPR status anyhow? I expected that my pending L-1B extension petition will be automatically denied once I become LPR...
Tell the lawyer that you don’t need it anymore as you have lpr status and let them deal with it. Your employer should ask for a copy of your green card to verify your authorized employment status.

Hello everyone,

You need to inform your employer and their lawyers of your new LPR status. They can in turn formally reach out to USCIS for the now invalid L1 extension to be cancelled.

You need to inform your employer and their lawyers of your new LPR status. They can in turn formally reach out to USCIS for the now invalid L1 extension to be cancelled.
Thank you! I informed them already last week and provided copies of our GCs last Friday, and lawyers told me that they are going to withdraw L1 extension petition, however the approval happened sooner. Ok, I'll reach out to them again!

Mine is a similar case. L1 A extension was on the card and then I informed about change in stats to LPR. They asked a for a copy for their record, but said that USCIS knows the status change and hence extension petition is no longer valid.

Here's what attorney replied to my request: "No issues with the below here. Your green card status will trump your NIV status, and you hold lawful LPR status. The below case should have been denied by the officer, but there are no issues with the approval. No further action is required."

Oh dear! I’m sorry to learn of this outcome and thanks for responding with the update.

Best of luck with the pending asylum application.
Mom, I found one attorney who said he had one case only a few years ago that got approved after the deadline with filing a motion. Even though he is honest and saying that chances are very very low of approval, still the hope dies last. I have time till October 18th to file a motion. I haven't found anyone who got approved after the deadline with filing a motion, but as you helped and guided many people with DV cases, I would like to ask you if you have ever seen such a person who got approved after the deadline with filing a motion? Is it worth to give the last shot? Thanks in advance! God bless you and your family!

Mom, I found one attorney who said he had one case only a few years ago that got approved after the deadline with filing a motion. Even though he is honest and saying that chances are very very low of approval, still the hope dies last. I have time till October 18th to file a motion. I haven't found anyone who got approved after the deadline with filing a motion, but as you helped and guided many people with DV cases, I would like to ask you if you have ever seen such a person who got approved after the deadline with filing a motion? Is it worth to give the last shot? Thanks in advance! God bless you and your family!
In MHO, that lawyer only wants to make a quick buck off of you. Case can no longer be issued with a visa even if the lawyer wins the MTR. I’ve never heard or read of any such approval.

To be blunt, I do not believe him. By law no applications can be granted after fiscal year end. There would need to have been errors both by the uscis office reviewing it and by the system that issues visa numbers from KCC - not gonna happen. Ask him if he will take the case for you on a contingency basis. Then you’ll only pay him if you get the green card.

Hi Mom,

I just received a letter from USCIS stating that my application has been denied. There are several parts of the letter meant for applicants with certain conditions, but as you know, I’m still on F1 status, and my I-20 hasn’t expired yet. Some people have told me that if the I-485 is denied, we might have to leave the U.S. I just wanted to check with you for clarification on whether I need to take any action at this point.

Also, could you please clarify the highlighted part for me??

Attachments

• IMG_5894.jpeg
    IMG_5894.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23
Hi Mom,

I just received a letter from USCIS stating that my application has been denied. There are several parts of the letter meant for applicants with certain conditions, but as you know, I’m still on F1 status, and my I-20 hasn’t expired yet. Some people have told me that if the I-485 is denied, we might have to leave the U.S. I just wanted to check with you for clarification on whether I need to take any action at this point.

I'm sorry you did not make it through, that's sad. The below snippet from your denial letter is directly applicable to you, it clearly says you're authorized to remain in the US since your non immigrant status has not expired. You're not required to depart from the US. As for the highlighted portion, it's just basically saying you do not have any other AOS application in the system which might have been used in approving your application in place of denying it like they had to, since your FY was over.

1729045119824.png

They’re just saying they don’t have the option of there being a visa numbers available in another category for you - some people have more than one application going for different types of immigrant visas/green card categories .

I'm sorry you did not make it through, that's sad. The below snippet from your denial letter is directly applicable to you, it clearly says you're authorized to remain in the US since your non immigrant status has not expired. You're not required to depart from the US. As for the highlighted portion, it's just basically saying you do not have any other AOS application in the system which might have been used in approving your application in place of denying it like they had to, since your FY was over.

View attachment 5347
Thanks, Mom!
Is the phrase “any further extension” referring to OPT or CPT?