• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

I think I got it, Thank you! Also wanted to ask, is Email from KCC "(2nd NL - Confirmation Notice from KCC)" a must in the package? Just wanted to check as it doesn't seem to be in the list of supporting evidence list of USCIS. Your wisdom is out of question re AOS but just wanted to verify. I'm sorry if this was asked before.

Thanks again!
Take a look at the FAQ tab of the AOS Process spreadsheet.

p.s. By the way if USCIS’s list of supporting evidence is what you’re going by, I might as well tell you upfront most of the recommended documents (based on past experience) which you’ll find on the AOS Process spreadsheet are not listed out upfront by USCIS. So you can quickly decide which one you’ll be going by.

Take a look at the sample pre-filled I-485 (link in the AOS Process Spreadsheet).
Hi mom

"In general, you do not need to submit documentation relating to traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver’s license."

I would like to know how you understand this sentence. The sentence implies that I still need to answer 'Yes' to question 25, but do not need to submit any documents, correct? Will USCIS find and verify these records?

Because I can no longer find relevant records on the court's official website, I feel they have already cleared my case.

They're asking for photocopies of I-797 for COS/EOS if you had them. Exactly the same way AOS spreadsheet asks to attach them to AOS package if you have them. That's a pretty standard template.
All they want to see is the proof you've been admitted and in status since 08/29/2022. Bulletpoints are meant to explain what can be used to prove it, but it's not a checklist. Not everything needs to apply to your situation. "The evidence may include..."
Thanks for this !

Hi mom

"In general, you do not need to submit documentation relating to traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver’s license."

I would like to know how you understand this sentence. The sentence implies that I still need to answer 'Yes' to question 25, but do not need to submit any documents, correct? Will USCIS find and verify these records?

Because I can no longer find relevant records on the court's official website, I feel they have already cleared my case.
I already referred you to a document which indicates my understanding of the statement in terms of the response to that question. Did you take a look at it? If the statement says you do not need to submit documentation, then that is exactly what it means. And you shouldn’t be stressing over whether USCIS will be able to find the documents and verify your claim or not as long as you’ve truthfully provided the applicable explanation as demonstrated on the sample document I referred you to.

I already referred you to a document which indicates my understanding of the statement in terms of the response to that question. Did you take a look at it? If the statement says you do not need to submit documentation, then that is exactly what it means. And you shouldn’t be stressing over whether USCIS will be able to find the documents and verify your claim or not as long as you’ve truthfully provided the applicable explanation as demonstrated on the sample document I referred you to.
Thank you!

One quick question, the G-1145 form, the phone Number format is +1-123-456-7891 or 123-456-7891?

My spouse and I both received an RFE asking if we physically attended the language schools we attended. I think the USCIS agent asks this because we have studied at multiple language schools since arriving in the US. USCIS forbids online studying in the US for language school students and a maximum of 1 class or equivalent of three credits of online studying for college students.

They also asked for the following information;

-Certified transcripts covering my enrollment period.
-A letter confirming my enrollment and attendance records.
-Tuition bills or receipts for the time I was enrolled.
-Payment receipts for all quarters or semesters attended.
-Class schedules and course syllabi.
-Report cards, evidence of homework, assignments, or research.
-Copies of any final degrees or diplomas issued.

My spouse and I both received an RFE asking if we physically attended the language schools we attended. I think the USCIS agent asks this because we have studied at multiple language schools since arriving in the US. USCIS forbids online studying in the US for language school students and a maximum of 1 class or equivalent of three credits of online studying for college students.

Thanks for the update.

Yeah, considering a fellow F1 selectee from the same FO as you got the interview waived and approved without receiving a similar RFE as you did, studying at multiple language schools plus the fact that you immediately dropped out of school after filing for AOS probably triggered the additional scrutiny of your status.

Do continue to keep us updated, and best of luck.

Slightly overkill request, hopefully they will approve immediately.

Good luck :)

Dear @gokhanabd and @Plus19 .
Saw your comment in Spreadsheet.
Just don’t scold me for such simple questions! :)
(1) How do you know WHEN case at FO? And "the last action" on him (as I understand it, is this when his IO looks last time your case).

I just try to ask EMMA (first time in my life) - she doesn't understand me - she only shows links to track my case by number. And when I wrote the case number in chat with EMMA - she said that you can’t write that here... :D

(2) Let me generalize the question:
HOW and WHAT should I ask Emma to get the same information as you?

Thanks for the update.

Yeah, considering a fellow F1 selectee from the same FO as you got the interview waived and approved without receiving a similar RFE as you did, studying at multiple language schools plus the fact that you immediately dropped out of school after filing for AOS probably triggered the additional scrutiny of your status.

Do continue to keep us updated, and best of luck.
We also changed our statuses from J-1 to F-1. We don't have an actual F-1 visa on our passport. We have F-1 Approval notices and I-20 forms from our schools. That might also trigger some questions as well.

Dear @gokhanabd and @Plus19 .
Saw your comment in Spreadsheet.
Just don’t scold me for such simple questions! :)
(1) How do you know WHEN case at FO? And "the last action" on him (as I understand it, is this when his IO looks last time your case).

I just try to ask EMMA (first time in my life) - she doesn't understand me - she only shows links to track my case by number. And when I wrote the case number in chat with EMMA - she said that you can’t write that here... :D

(2) Let me generalize the question:
HOW and WHAT should I ask Emma to get the same information as you?
you ask "connect to live agent" repeatedly and then say case status then ask again "connect to live agent".

you ask "connect to live agent" repeatedly and then say case status then ask again "connect to live agent".

So this information is given by regular Tier-1 agent right? As you see in the attached screenshot, one Emma agent claims this type of information is internal to the office and hence they do not have access. I don't understand why they refuse to share it even if they do see it.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 37
So this information is given by regular Tier-1 agent right? As you see in the attached screenshot, one Emma agent claims this type of information is internal to the office and hence they do not have access. I don't understand why they refuse to share it even if they do see it.
Nice question!
I haven’t even tried to ask anything to real agent.
But for the future: that’s also why I ask the guys
[ @Plus19 , @gokhanabd ]
what exactly to ask to EMMA
("how to pose the question correctly in order to get the same answer as the guys”)

I have a question. So if you have a scheduled biometrics appointment, will you be able to see that online when tracking your case with uscis website prior to the letter arriving in mail? Or they only announce that through mail hence u can’t see your dates or anything online? Thank you

I have a question. So if you have a scheduled biometrics appointment, will you be able to see that online when tracking your case with uscis website prior to the letter arriving in mail? Or they only announce that through mail hence u can’t see your dates or anything online? Thank you
No. Yes.

What that Tier-1 agent told you is completely accurate, a spot-on information! Tier-1 agents have no access to the case files, they’re contractors with limited access, they mostly see exactly what you’re able to see when you type in your receipt number to check your case status online. The other stuff they’re able to see (which you can’t) is if your bio or interview already got scheduled in which case they will tell you the date.

We also changed our statuses from J-1 to F-1. We don't have an actual F-1 visa on our passport. We have F-1 Approval notices and I-20 forms from our schools. That might also trigger some questions as well.
Did you include copies of the various NOAs and I-20 forms with your AOS package?