• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

I apologize for my impatience. I am feeling a bit anxious right now, especially with handling some sensitive information, and I couldn't find a definitive answer online, hence the urgency. I filled out this form with dummy information. All the information above is fake. I just want you to confirm whether the content I filled out aligns with your instructions.
Yes, it does align with the description of how some past selectees processing AOS in similar situations have filled out their I-485.

Yes, it does align with the description of how some past selectees processing AOS in similar situations have filled out their I-485.
Thank you, Mom, and thank you for your patience.
Can I understand that there's a high probability my spouse and I will have our fingerprints taken at the same location?
In that case, can she walk in directly at a location near her city? I've seen some people (in other forums) do this.
Also, my last question: is the location of the Field Office determined by the mailing address or the current physical address?

Thank you, Mom, and thank you for your patience.
Can I understand that there's a high probability my spouse and I will have our fingerprints taken at the same location?
In that case, can she walk in directly at a location near her city? I've seen some people (in other forums) do this.
Also, my last question: is the location of the Field Office determined by the mailing address or the current physical address?
1. Yes, the same ASC should be assigned based on the listed shared address.
2. A walk-in attempt can be made at any ASC.
3. The FO is usually determined by the listed current physical address. However, there have been a couple of cases where an application was sent to an FO with jurisdiction over the listed mailing address. This is why I went to great length to address using the same mailing address in one of my previous responses to you.

1. Yes, the same ASC should be assigned based on the listed shared address.
2. A walk-in attempt can be made at any ASC.
3. The FO is usually determined by the listed current physical address. However, there have been a couple of cases where an application was sent to an FO with jurisdiction over the listed mailing address. This is why I went to great length to address using the same mailing address in one of my previous responses to you.
Thank you so much for all your answers.

I have a quick question on certified translation. I have my translations done by translator that has attached a piece of paper generally saying that translation is complete and accurate. and his signature on it. Is this enough for translation to be certified, or do i need some sort of seal or any other confirmation of translation legitimacy…thanks in advance

Initiate an online chat with Emma. Request to be connected with a life agent, then ask the agent if your bio appointment has been scheduled and what date/time it is scheduled for.

On a side note, do you have USPS informed delivery set?
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I've had informed delivery for many years now and it hasn't shown there either, which makes wonder what might be holding USCIS from moving forward with my case and schedule the BIO appointment. I'll reach out as instructed and hope for some more information. Thank you everyone for their feedback :)

I have a quick question on certified translation. I have my translations done by translator that has attached a piece of paper generally saying that translation is complete and accurate. and his signature on it. Is this enough for translation to be certified, or do i need some sort of seal or any other confirmation of translation legitimacy…thanks in advance
Translated documents are required to be accompanied by a signed and dated certified statement in which the translator attests to their fluency in both English and the language the document is translated from, in addition to confirming the accuracy of what has been translated. If that is what you currently have, then you should be fine. The translation can be done by an acquaintance (preferably not a family member), does not need to be by an official personnel or an organization.

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I've had informed delivery for many years now and it hasn't shown there either, which makes wonder what might be holding USCIS from moving forward with my case and schedule the BIO appointment. I'll reach out as instructed and hope for some more information. Thank you everyone for their feedback :)
Pending bio schedule or completion may not necessarily be the reason as to why your FO has not proceeded with your case. Interview can be scheduled and the notification for it received while still wanting for the bio schedule notice, that wouldn’t be unusual. Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS Process spreadsheet.

Hey , received a REF from uscis for copy of approval notices form I-797 for extension and status change , and I’m confused wat exactly that copy is , I’m current on F1 visa btw
I need help with this .

Hey , received a REF from uscis for copy of approval notices form I-797 for extension and status change , and I’m confused wat exactly that copy is , I’m current on F1 visa btw
I need help with this .
1. Have you always been on F1 from your initial admission into the US?
2. Did you ever file for extension of stay or a change of status at anytime in the past?
3. Have you ever fallen out of status?

1. Have you always been on F1 from your initial admission into the US?
2. Did you ever file for extension of stay or a change of status at anytime in the past?
3. Have you ever fallen out of status?
Yes I have always been in F1 from my initial admission, never filled extension of stay and never out of status ,was planning to fill an extension in July coz by September will be graduating for my associates,but currently haven’t filed for any

Yes I have always been in F1 from my initial admission, never filled extension of stay and never out of status ,was planning to fill an extension in July coz by September will be graduating for my associates,but currently haven’t filed for any
Quite unusual to get a RFE for a COS or EOS NOA if one has never filed an I-539.

I’ll need to see the actual RFE you received in order to better understand what is going on and to hopefully be able to offer some useful suggestions on how to respond. So you can redact your personal information on the RFE and post it on this thread or send it to me privately for review.

Hi all and Mom,

I have a question about the step 4 "Receive the email from KCC confirming your intention to do AOS (2nd NL)" in AOS spreadsheet.

My question is How do I inform KCC about my intention to do AOS? Will they know once my DV fee ($330) check is cashed or do I need to inform them and ask for the 2nd NL? Not sure if relevant but still wanted to share, I had selected the interview location as the U.S. Consulate in my country of origin on DS-260 form like last year when I was filling out the form, as I was planning to go through CP at that time.

Thank you in advance!

Hi all and Mom,

I have a question about the step 4 "Receive the email from KCC confirming your intention to do AOS (2nd NL)" in AOS spreadsheet.

My question is How do I inform KCC about my intention to do AOS? Will they know once my DV fee ($330) check is cashed or do I need to inform them and ask for the 2nd NL? Not sure if relevant but still wanted to share, I had selected the interview location as the U.S. Consulate in my country of origin on DS-260 form like last year when I was filling out the form, as I was planning to go through CP at that time.

Thank you in advance!
If you previously submitted the DS260 form with CP selected as your preferred option, simply making the DV Administrative fee payment will not be enough for switching from CP to AOS. Please see the FAQ tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet for more on this and other related questions.

Quite unusual to get a RFE for a COS or EOS NOA if one has never filed an I-539.

I’ll need to see the actual RFE you received in order to better understand what is going on and to hopefully be able to offer some useful suggestions on how to respond. So you can redact your personal information on the RFE and post it on this thread or send it to me privately for review.
Alright let me send it to u privately on ur account

That’s the REF

Attachments

• 26B9AE6A-09EA-494C-B5C0-C523BF2E354D.jpeg
    26B9AE6A-09EA-494C-B5C0-C523BF2E354D.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 43
That’s the REF
They're asking for photocopies of I-797 for COS/EOS if you had them. Exactly the same way AOS spreadsheet asks to attach them to AOS package if you have them. That's a pretty standard template.
All they want to see is the proof you've been admitted and in status since 08/29/2022. Bulletpoints are meant to explain what can be used to prove it, but it's not a checklist. Not everything needs to apply to your situation. "The evidence may include..."

That’s the REF
The RFE is not saying you must submit an I-797 NOA for a COS or EOS - like @Xarthisius already explained above, this is only required “if applicable”. So under the first set of bulleted items, I see two things applicable to your case:
~ Your I-20
~ Your I-94

For the evidence to establish school enrollment and attendance, submit everything listed under that section as applicable.

Do keep us updated of your case progress.

If you previously submitted the DS260 form with CP selected as your preferred option, simply making the DV Administrative fee payment will not be enough for switching from CP to AOS. Please see the FAQ tab of the AOS Process Spreadsheet for more on this and other related questions.
I think I got it, Thank you! Also wanted to ask, is Email from KCC "(2nd NL - Confirmation Notice from KCC)" a must in the package? Just wanted to check as it doesn't seem to be in the list of supporting evidence list of USCIS. Your wisdom is out of question re AOS but just wanted to verify. I'm sorry if this was asked before.

Thanks again!