• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Agree.

Which is why I said if going down that path you should be selective for picking a lawyer, preferably one through a recommendation who has handled DV cases before.

Very few lawyers have handled any DV cases. And a lawyer that talks about expediting a DV case clearly has no prior DV experience.

I don't know anything about money orders from Walmart (USPS is more trustworthy institution IMHO), but it needs to payable to "U.S. Department of State".
Thank you. I didn't know that USPS has money order. Should I write down on the money order the DV case number right?

Hello @Sm1smom,

Hope you are doing well. I am asking a friend to file i131 for me. I have a couple of questions.

1. My friend is an LPR, who has used i684 to sponser his wife. Can he still sponser me if he meets the poverty guideline requirements?
2. Does he have to use separate forms for i131 for me and my wife?

Hello @Sm1smom,

Hope you are doing well. I am asking a friend to file i131 for me. I have a couple of questions.

1. My friend is an LPR, who has used i684 to sponser his wife. Can he still sponser me if he meets the poverty guideline requirements?
2. Does he have to use separate forms for i131 for me and my wife?
1. Yes he can, as long as he meets the income requirements and discloses the wife’s sponsorship.
2. No.

Good morning everyone .

Quick question again : if we received back all our documents for AOS for Green Card from USCIS because we made a mistake in one form , and they ask us to send a new filling with a correct form , what do we need to do ? We need to send them back all the documents we received from them ( because it’s already stamp with a number etc ) and just add a correct form , do we need to print all our documents again , sign with a new date and send again ? Just confused

Hello @Sm1smom

Quick question again : if we received back all our documents for AOS for Green Card from USCIS because we made a mistake in one form , and they ask us to send a new filling with a correct form , what do we need to do ? We need to send them back all the documents we received from them ( because it’s already stamp with a number etc ) and just add a correct form , or do we need to print all our documents again , sign with a new date and send again ? Just confused

Good morning everyone .

Quick question again : if we received back all our documents for AOS for Green Card from USCIS because we made a mistake in one form , and they ask us to send a new filling with a correct form , what do we need to do ? We need to send them back all the documents we received from them ( because it’s already stamp with a number etc ) and just add a correct form , do we need to print all our documents again , sign with a new date and send again ? Just confused
The only new form will be the one they asked you to send in an updated version of. For the rest, you send back the previously submitted (and now stamped) forms and the opened medical report as is like I already responded on the 2023 AOS thread.

p.s. you do not need to repost and tag me, or send me PMs in order for me to respond to your questions.

The only new form will be the one they asked you to send in an updated version of. For the rest, you send back the previously submitted (and now stamped) forms and the opened medical report as is like I already responded on the 2023 AOS thread.

p.s. you do not need to repost and tag me, or send me PMs in order for me to respond to your questions.
Sorry for bothering , and thank you a lot for your help ❤️

Hello mom,

My wife had her EAD card from a STEM-OPT in the past (doesnt use it anymore). While completing the i693, should we enter the USCIS# listed in the EAD card in the Alien registration number section of the form i693?

thank you.

Hello mom,

My wife had her EAD card from a STEM-OPT in the past (doesnt use it anymore). While completing the i693, should we enter the USCIS# listed in the EAD card in the Alien registration number section of the form i693?

thank you.
Yea.

Hello everyone.

According to the latest visa bulletin, my case number will become current in December. I currently live in state A but plan to relocate to state B at the second half of December. Unfortunately, avoiding moving to another state is hardly possible in my case. The states A and B have different filing locations. As far as I understand, I have two options regarding filing the AOS package: 1) file the AOS package on the first day of December or earlier to the address for state A; 2) relocate and file the AOS package at the end of December to the address for the state B. My questions are the following:

1. Which option would be more optimal?
2. What is the latest date I can file my AOS package? For example, if I file it in January will it be too late, so my application will be rejected?
3. If I file from state B, should my medical exam be completed in the state B as well?

Hello everyone.

According to the latest visa bulletin, my case number will become current in December. I currently live in state A but plan to relocate to state B at the second half of December. Unfortunately, avoiding moving to another state is hardly possible in my case. The states A and B have different filing locations. As far as I understand, I have two options regarding filing the AOS package: 1) file the AOS package on the first day of December or earlier to the address for state A; 2) relocate and file the AOS package at the end of December to the address for the state B. My questions are the following:

1. Which option would be more optimal?
2. What is the latest date I can file my AOS package? For example, if I file it in January will it be too late, so my application will be rejected?
3. If I file from state B, should my medical exam be completed in the state B as well?
1&2. File from state B as soon as you relocate. There’s no latest date in this case, nonetheless you don’t want to needlessly waste time.
3. The medical report can be completed by a CS from another State.

quick questions:
Is this the address I'm gonna put on my envelope to sent the $330 fee?
Also on the money order, I guess I should pay to DV program but what's the address tho?
Thank you!
Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 14.51.57.png

Your case cannot be be adjudicated prior to your CN becoming current, so I have no idea as to how some lawyer in your city can expedite your interview.

Lawyers often recommend you to take the AOS route, in order for them to get your business, as there isn't anything they can help with consulate processing (I.e. you paying them).

No lawyer can expedite your case quicker than when your CN becomes current. However a lawyer could potentially assist if your case gets held up or isn't moving along the approval process, they can assist with completing paperwork, etc.

Did your lawyer discuss the option of consulate processing to determine that AOS was the best route? If not, I likely wouldn't trust them. A good lawyer consultation should provide pros and cons for both options and detailed information on what they will do for you if you retain their services.

And this is a BIG but...... if this lawyer isn't specifically knowledgeable about diversity lottery green cards then I would steer clear of them.

Stay in touch with the local USCIS office when they call me for an interview so that they expedite me and schedule an interview no later than the end of September 2024.