• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. OPT is only when I am graduating. I may not be able to finish my studies this year, hence need to extend my I20 for acadenic reasons. Even if I am graduating, then I still need to apply for OPT I20 with a pending I485. In both cases I need to get a new I20 with new date. Is this possible/ok?
While it is recommended to already have the OPT application in the system prior to filing for AOS (in the case of someone graduating), we've had instances of applicants who successfully filed for OPT while their AOS application was already pending (because they were eligible to file for OPT). I do not know about filing for a new I-20 for academic purpose while the AOS application is already pending.

Hello,
Can you please help me answer the following questions (as shown in the screen shot in Part 2 of I-485) for a derivative applicant:
1) I need to fill the Q5.a, b, c with the DV lottery winner's (Principal applicant) information right?
2) In Q6. I need to enter Principal applicant A's number ( from EAD card from OPT's days) right?
3) I am not sure what is Q8 and 9 in terms of DV AOS

As always, appreciate your feedback

1697761149008.png

Hello,
Can you please help me answer the following questions (as shown in the screen shot in Part 2 of I-485) for a derivative applicant:
1) I need to fill the Q5.a, b, c with the DV lottery winner's (Principal applicant) information right?
2) In Q6. I need to enter Principal applicant A's number ( from EAD card from OPT's days) right?
3) I am not sure what is Q8 and 9 in terms of DV AOS

As always, appreciate your feedback

View attachment 4410
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Not applicable to DV cases.

Hello friends, on Monday, October 16th, the fingerprint appointment paper arrived at our address, but we only saw it yesterday because that's when we checked our mailbox. No change in the USCIS system indicated that the fingerprints were sent, so its arrival was a surprise.

The forum gave me an error saying, "I can not post. It seems like spam." How can I fix it?

View attachment 4409

Maybe because I am new. But this is what I am trying to post with no links.
You have got nerves of steel. This could be extermely calamitious as already mentioned by mom. Seems like you are a 110 percent sure that your AOS will be approved! See the approval is still a 50/50 honestly, even if your CN is very low. Pray, and pray hard!

Hello, I received my receipt of payment that says I should provide it at the interview. So, I was just wondering how will I get notified about my biometrics or interview. Will they send me a mail or an email ? How long does it usually takes form them to notify me?
Thanks,

Hello, I received my receipt of payment that says I should provide it at the interview. So, I was just wondering how will I get notified about my biometrics or interview. Will they send me a mail or an email ? How long does it usually takes form them to notify me?
Thanks,
1. Mail.
2. It varies, depends on several factors.

Couple of questions for you:
1. Is your CN current?
2. Have you actually filed for AOS?
3. Have you gone through the AOS process spreadsheet?

For immunization records, based on the past experiences will the CS accept a letter from a doctor from Origin country stating the vaccinations taken. There were no vaccination cards 45 years ago in some countries in Asia.

For immunization records, based on the past experiences will the CS accept a letter from a doctor from Origin country stating the vaccinations taken. There were no vaccination cards 45 years ago in some countries in Asia.
Nope, such a letter will not be accorded much, if any weight. Anyway, you do not need to worry about not being able to present a vaccine record from years back. You’ll only be given a couple of the vaccines deemed medically appropriate based on your age. Take a look at the “Medical Exam” tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.

1. Mail.
2. It varies, depends on several factors.

Couple of questions for you:
1. Is your CN current?
2. Have you actually filed for AOS?
3. Have you gone through the AOS process spreadsheet?
Yes for all those questions. What I know is once they cash my check they should send me a receipt number. However, I still didn’t receive it.

Thanks for the screenshot. Not quite sure what else the system was flagging the post for.

Now, why on earth would you drop out of school and terminate your current status while your AOS application is still pending???? You do not think that is a risky decision? You do realize if your AOS application is denied for any reason, even if the denial is erroneous you automatically have no other status to fall back on? There's the fact that you did early filing (before the FY started as a matter of fact). You do realize you will have no valid status from which to re-file if your FO denies your AOS application due to early filing?

I'm surprised (actually shocked) you intentionally decided to fall out of status considering you are aware of how the 2023 FY ended for some of the DV 2023 AOS filers.
Why would they deny the case for early filing since they also allow to file it early? I waited until after October first to make sure I receive the receipt and be current on October 1st.

Hello again,

I mailed my DV lottery fee to

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000.

I just wanted to send a mail with a tracking number.
I was not super familiar with the USPS terminology. And the USPS clerk did not help me.
I learned that the mail I sent is in the post office available for pick up.
What the USPS clerk did was that to send a certified mail, and apparently the certified delivery requires signature upon delivery.
Indeed now they left a slip in the PO box and returned the mail back to the post office and some from the DOS needs to pick that up in 2 weeks.
I talked with the USPS on phone and they said to me that I can not waive the signature at this point.
In your experience, is it possible for someone to pick this mail up? Otherwise I don't want to wait for 2 weeks to just get the same check back and resend it again and lose time!

Why would they deny the case for early filing since they also allow to file it early? I waited until after October first to make sure I receive the receipt and be current on October 1st.
Seems like you havent gone through all the resources in this forum. The discretionary power of an ISO is way higher than we assume, it seems. Do some research withon this forum, look @Diophantus unfoetunate story.

You clearly haven’t bothered to avail yourself of the resources available in this forum. The “why” is clearly explained in a couple of sections on the AOS Process Spreadsheet; you might want to take a look at that spreadsheet in addition to reading up about @Diophantus’s case on the DV2023 AOS thread as referenced my @rondon above.

Hello again,

I mailed my DV lottery fee to

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000.

I just wanted to send a mail with a tracking number.
I was not super familiar with the USPS terminology. And the USPS clerk did not help me.
I learned that the mail I sent is in the post office available for pick up.
What the USPS clerk did was that to send a certified mail, and apparently the certified delivery requires signature upon delivery.
Indeed now they left a slip in the PO box and returned the mail back to the post office and some from the DOS needs to pick that up in 2 weeks.
I talked with the USPS on phone and they said to me that I can not waive the signature at this point.
In your experience, is it possible for someone to pick this mail up? Otherwise I don't want to wait for 2 weeks to just get the same check back and resend it again and lose time!
If you do not wish to wait for two weeks before finding out how the current payment/mail resolves, you can basically cancel the payment now (before it gets processed) and send in a new payment.

Just want to confirm, the IRS Tax transcripts do not have full name (part first and last name) and address (shows only house number) of the tax payer anymore (due to some policy changes). Will it be a issue as part of AOS package? Is there a work around? or submitting W2 (full name and address) along with tax transcripts (with name and address issue) is good enough?

Dear Community,

I won the DV lottery while residing in Nevada, but before my case was active I moved to Texas.
Where shall I file my AOS? To Nevada lockbox or Texas lockbox?

Kind regards,

Just want to confirm, the IRS Tax transcripts do not have full name (part first and last name) and address (shows only house number) of the tax payer anymore (due to some policy changes). Will it be a issue as part of AOS package? Is there a work around? or submitting W2 (full name and address) along with tax transcripts (with name and address issue) is good enough?
You’re overthinking this. USCIS is familiar with receiving the IRS transcripts as is and making the needed connections.

Dear Community,

I won the DV lottery while residing in Nevada, but before my case was active I moved to Texas.
Where shall I file my AOS? To Nevada lockbox or Texas lockbox?

Kind regards,
Didn’t you previously post about having already submitted your AOS package, so how come you’re now asking about which Lockbox you should file at?