• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

When I click on add applicant it asks for principal applicant surname and date of birth, but we already filled that out. Where do we put info about dependents?
You must have filled it out but didn't do it properly. Again principal applicant is your wife not you.

You must have filled it out but didn't do it properly. Again principal applicant is your wife not you.
I understand that, we filled it out properly for my wife.
We got married after lottery results, do I still need to use an “add applicant” button?

I understand that, we filled it out properly for my wife.
We got married after lottery results, do I still need to use an “add applicant” button?
No you didn't fill it out FOR your wife! She already HAD ds-260! You didn't add anything. Do you understand that?
You need to add yourself using that button.

When I click on add applicant it asks for principal applicant surname and date of birth, but we already filled that out. Where do we put info about dependents?
You should start to think of it this way:

The DV winner was your wife = the principal applicant.

Any correspondence throughout this process for you or other derivatives (children), you are always going to have to use the principal applicant details to show you are attached to their case.

No you didn't fill it out FOR your wife! She already HAD ds-260! You didn't add anything. Do you understand that?
You need to add yourself using that button.
Okay, but when I press this button it asks for principal applicant information, when we fill it out (using my wife’s surname and date of birth) nothing happens, we just get redirected to applicant information screen with only one person, my wife

Okay, but when I press this button it asks for principal applicant information, when we fill it out (using my wife’s surname and date of birth) nothing happens, we just get redirected to applicant information screen with only one person, my wife
If there's no visible error that would suggest that something in the form is not accepted, you can contact KCC at KCCDV@state.gov and describe the problem like you just did.

If there's no visible error that would suggest that something in the form is not accepted, you can contact KCC at KCCDV@state.gov and describe the problem like you just did.
It turned out it was a browser error, we used different one and now we can add dependents. Thank you for you help!

I have also question about previous US travels section, what do we need to answer if we are in the US right now? This is our first time in the US. If we click yes, our duration of stay is up till this day?

Hi @Sm1smom ,
If the visa bulletin moved from 4500 to 5000 for Europe, does that indicate a slow year for processing?
I'm EU666xx, should I be hopeful?
I've paid the adjustment of the status fee and it's confirmed.
Thanks!

Hi @Sm1smom ,
If the visa bulletin moved from 4500 to 5000 for Europe, does that indicate a slow year for processing?
I'm EU666xx, should I be hopeful?
I've paid the adjustment of the status fee and it's confirmed.
Thanks!
1. I don't know, I do not analyze VB movement.
2. I'm sorry I cannot provide you with the reassurance you're seeking.

Hey guys, I am non lucky DV winner 2023. Always put an view on number of visas available. Also, make sure to take the advantage of early filling. My suggestion is to close your eyes and apply in June nomatter what. All the best guys :)

Hey guys, I am non lucky DV winner 2023. Always put an view on number of visas available. Also, make sure to take the advantage of early filling. My suggestion is to close your eyes and apply in June nomatter what. All the best guys :)
I'm sorry that you were unable to secure your GC during the fiscal year. I couldn't find your details on the timeline spreadsheet so not sure how high your CN was.

I honestly don't see how advising people to file in June (no matter what = even if their case number isn't current) is helpful. That's a sure fire way of wasting money and most likely having your case denied at the lockbox.

Quite an interesting turn around from you considering how you quickly put up an “I told you” post (not too long ago) in response to another forum member who reported case denial due to early filing, and you also claimed no one believed you when you wrote about cases being denied due to early filing.
You’re now recommending people should file in June “no matter what” even if they’re not current? Well, hopefully no one will follow this not so well thought out suggestion.

Thank you so much @Sm1smom !
I really appreciate your help!

I was wondering if you know:
1- The medical record is good for 2 years until we send in the application and they approve or until the interview time?
2-I was wondering how strict is evidence for financial support for dv lottery AOS ? I personally don't make the poverty minimum wage since I am in school, can my husband's name be in financial support documents for dv lottery?
3-Do you know if we can send in 2 AOS (one for dv lottery, the other for marriage to a us citizen) in the same year? if i get the dv lottery interview first and get rejected because of asylum pending status, would they still proceed the marriage based aos which normally gives interviews way later?

Thank you so much
Best Regards

Thank you so much @Sm1smom !
I really appreciate your help!

I was wondering if you know:
1- The medical record is good for 2 years until we send in the application and they approve or until the interview time?
2-I was wondering how strict is evidence for financial support for dv lottery AOS ? I personally don't make the poverty minimum wage since I am in school, can my husband's name be in financial support documents for dv lottery?
3-Do you know if we can send in 2 AOS (one for dv lottery, the other for marriage to a us citizen) in the same year? if i get the dv lottery interview first and get rejected because of asylum pending status, would they still proceed the marriage based aos which normally gives interviews way later?

Thank you so much
Best Regards
1. Valid for 2 years until interview and/or approval time.
2. If you and your husband have been jointly filing tax returns, the IRS tax transcripts will be in both names and that will be okay. Alternatively, have your USC spouse fill out an I-134 and provide you with the applicable supporting documents which you can include in your AOS package.
3. Yes. Yes.

Thank you!!
We got married 5 months ago, so we did not file a joint tax return yet, and i have just one w2 in the US and that is me single. And right now i don't work. :(

I have a quick question and I apologize if this has been asked already: my brother in law was selected for the 2024 DV lottery, we are putting the documents together for is AOS packet but i am worried about a certain period of time when he was in the US on a P-1 visa for all of 2018, but come 2019 he was supposed to receive an extension but never did. He was only here from 01/01/2019 to 03/03/2019 when the company ended his contract, is there any advice on what to include to help show he was here legally at least to his knowledge? I have included his W2 from the company for that year but is there anything else I can include?

I have a quick question and I apologize if this has been asked already: my brother in law was selected for the 2024 DV lottery, we are putting the documents together for is AOS packet but i am worried about a certain period of time when he was in the US on a P-1 visa for all of 2018, but come 2019 he was supposed to receive an extension but never did. He was only here from 01/01/2019 to 03/03/2019 when the company ended his contract, is there any advice on what to include to help show he was here legally at least to his knowledge? I have included his W2 from the company for that year but is there anything else I can include?
The W-2 does not necessarily demonstrate non violation of authorized stay/falling out of status IMO. How was he supposed to receive an extension?
1. Did he or his employer petition for an extension of status?
2. If yes, what was the outcome of the filed petition, and when did he find out the outcome of the extension request?
3. When did he depart from the US?

Hello everyone,

I am applying for AOS this October. I attached my bachelor's degree diploma and master's degree diploma but I couldn't find my high school graduation certificate. Is it mandatory to attach my high school diploma?

Kind regards,

Hello everyone,

I am applying for AOS this October. I attached my bachelor's degree diploma and master's degree diploma but I couldn't find my high school graduation certificate. Is it mandatory to attach my high school diploma?

Kind regards,
Including the HS Diploma is usually recommended, can’t say if it is mandatory or not. We however do know of a few cases in the past where the IO insisted on seeing the HS Diploma.