• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Thank you for all your help! and Thank you @DIESEL1337 for the notification!
I had a few more questions:

1-Just to make sure, When checking the numbers in visa bulletin, If I am from Turkey which is under Europe, but i applied to dv lottery when i was in the US with an American adress, I should check the numbers available under Europe right?

2-The medical exam is now expires in 2 years instead of 6 months, right?

3- @Sm1smom I will apply for AOS, but just wanted to get your personal opinion on my case if you think it's worth a shot.
I came to the US under a B2 tourist visa at the end of 2021, and applied to asylum before my tourist visa expired, and still didn't get an interview. And never worked illegally or anything. And I am currently studying at a university in NJ. Do you think my AOS through dv lottery would have a chance?

Thank you so much for all your help, I don't know how to thank you!

Thank you for all your help! and Thank you @DIESEL1337 for the notification!
I had a few more questions:

1-Just to make sure, When checking the numbers in visa bulletin, If I am from Turkey which is under Europe, but i applied to dv lottery when i was in the US with an American adress, I should check the numbers available under Europe right?

2-The medical exam is now expires in 2 years instead of 6 months, right?

3- @Sm1smom I will apply for AOS, but just wanted to get your personal opinion on my case if you think it's worth a shot.
I came to the US under a B2 tourist visa at the end of 2021, and applied to asylum before my tourist visa expired, and still didn't get an interview. And never worked illegally or anything. And I am currently studying at a university in NJ. Do you think my AOS through dv lottery would have a chance?

Thank you so much for all your help, I don't know how to thank you!
1. Correct.
2. Correct.
3. Do I think your DV based AOS application will have a chance? May be is all I can say. While some IO's are lax with the interpretation of Asylum Pending as a valid "status" for filing AOS from, most are rather strict and do not consider it asylum pending to be a valid "status" for filing AOS. If you take a look at the "Asylum Pending" tab of the DV Tracker_Unique Situations spreadsheet, you'll see some got approved, and some cases got denied.

Hello everyone,

For the AOS money order (1140+85)=1225$, does the biometric fee need to be in separate money order? Can you combine them like 1000 +225$ of two money orders?

In addition, Pay to should be U.S Department of Homeland Security and the address should be USCIS lockbox address of wherever we submit your I-485, am I correct?

Thanks for any help!

Hello everyone,

For the AOS money order (1140+85)=1225$, does the biometric fee need to be in separate money order? Can you combine them like 1000 +225$ of two money orders?

In addition, Pay to should be U.S Department of Homeland Security and the address should be USCIS lockbox address of wherever we submit your I-485, am I correct?

Thanks for any help!
1. "Can you combine them like 1000 +225$ of two money orders?" - Yes
2. Yes.

Hi! We are in the process of filling out DS260 form. We got married after lottery results, my wife is the winner. Do we need to add me as “add applicant” button or later on when she fills out her form?
If we do it as add applicant, what is my case number and confirmation number?

Hi! We are in the process of filling out DS260 form. We got married after lottery results, my wife is the winner. Do we need to add me as “add applicant” button or later on when she fills out her form?
If we do it as add applicant, what is my case number and confirmation number?
1. Yes, use the “add applicant” button.
2. You have no separate case or confirmation number. You’re your wife’s derivative/dependent based on her being the selectee.

2. You have no separate case or confirmation number. You’re your wife’s derivative/dependent based on her being the selectee.
Here we added my wife as an applicant,
IMG_4310.jpeg
Then we press add applicant button for me and fill out this form. There is no derivative/dependent option
When I try to add my surname with her case and confirmation number it doesn’t work
IMG_4311.jpeg

Here we added my wife as an applicant,
View attachment 4369
Then we press add applicant button and fill out this form. There is no derivative/dependent option
When I try to add my surname with her case and confirmation number it doesn’t work
View attachment 4370
Whose information are you adding in the Principal Applicant's surname and DOB section of the below screenshot?

View attachment 4371
this is the add applicant section on the screenshot, and here we are trying to add me as a dependent

Can you just answer the only the question I'm asking please, and forget about your wife's form which has already been completed? Yes I know the screenshot is from the add applicant button. So whose information are you adding in the Principal Applicant's surname and DOB from the screenshot in my previous response?

Can you just answer the only the question I'm asking please, and forget about your wife's form which has already been completed? Yes I know the screenshot is from the add applicant button. So whose information are you adding in the Principal Applicant's surname and DOB from the screenshot in my previous response?
I am trying to add my information,
I am dependent

For crying out aloud! I KNOW YOU'RE TRYING TO ADD YOUR INFORMATION, you however are not answering the actual question I'm asking you! I cannot help you if you cannot give me the simple response to my question. So for the last time:
1. Where it says: Enter Principal Applicant's Surname - whose surname did you put there? Yours or your wife's?
2. Where it says: Enter Principal Applicant's Date of Birth - whose Date of birth did you put there? Yours or your wife's?

For crying out aloud! I KNOW YOU'RE TRYING TO ADD YOUR INFORMATION, you however are not answering the actual question I'm asking you! I cannot help you if you cannot give me the simple response to my question. So for the last time:
1. Where it says: Enter Principal Applicant's Surname - whose surname did you put there? Yours or your wife's?
2. Where it says: Enter Principal Applicant's Date of Birth - whose Date of birth did you put there? Yours or your wife's?
At first I put my wife’s surname and DOB there, now I am trying to add myself.
Now when I try to put my surname and date of birth there it says error, when I put my wife’s surname and DOB nothing happens
How should I add myself?

At first I put my wife’s surname and DOB there, now I am trying to add myself.
Now when I try to put my surname and date of birth there it says error, when I put my wife’s surname and DOB nothing happens
How should I add myself?
Of course it will show up as an error if you list your surname and DOB as the "Principal" applicant. You are not the Principal Applicant, your wife is which is why I kept asking you to specify whose information you were listing under that section!

Enter Principal Applicant's Surname - Type your wife's surname
Enter Principal Applicant's Date of Birth -
Type your wife's DOB
Electronic Diversity Visa Number -
Type your wife's CN
For the dropdown with the "I am the" -
Select Applicant

Of course it will show up as an error if you list your surname and DOB as the "Principal" applicant. You are not the Principal Applicant, your wife is which is why I kept asking you to specify whose information you were listing under that section!

Enter Principal Applicant's Surname - Type your wife's surname
Enter Principal Applicant's Date of Birth -
Type your wife's DOB
Electronic Diversity Visa Number -
Type your wife's CN
For the dropdown with the "I am the" -
Select Applicant
I did that already on the very first screenshot I send
Question is how can I add myself to the application so we both get GC?

I did that already on the very first screenshot I send
Question is how can I add myself to the application so we both get GC?
You didn't add her. She was already there. To add yourself, you need to fill that form you're showing paying attention to what is asked. E.g. principal applicant means your wife.

You didn't add her. She was already there. To add yourself, you need to fill that form you're showing paying attention to what is asked. E.g. principal applicant means your wife.
We filled out principal applicant surname and DOB already, so my wife is there on the screenshot.
Where do I put info about myself?

Attachments

• IMG_4310.jpeg
    IMG_4310.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10