• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello everyone, I just want to check something because tomorrow I'm making a second payment for my DOS and don't want to screw it up again:

1)I print the form and fill it out
2) I get my cashier's check and add "U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program"
3) I ask for a self-return envelope and I add this address "
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000"

Is there anything that's missing? Thank you everyone

If what you listed above is how you handled the previously sent in payment this may explain why you're having issues with getting the payment receipt for from KCC.

1. Copy, paste (the following information to a blank word document), and fill it out:

DV Program Case Number: _____________________________________​
Selectee Surname _____________________________________________​
Selectee Given Name __________________________________________​
Address ______________________________________________________​
City: State: Zip Code: __________________________________________​
Payment for ____________ persons adjusting status in the U.S. (Number of Persons)​
Total Amount enclosed ____________________ (Fee amount times the number of persons adjusting status in the U.S.)​

2. Your Cashier's Check or Money Order should be made payable to: "U.S. Department of State" and NOT U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program (Make sure you write your CN on the back of the Cashier's Check or the the "Memo" section of the Money Order)

3. Self stamped addressed Envelope - This envelope should be filled with your personal mailing address - this is the envelope KCC is supposed to use in sending back the payment receipt to you.

4. Add 1, 2, and 3 into one envelope and mail out to:
U.S. Department of State​
Diversity Visa Program​
P.O. Box 979079​
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000​

1) Yes.

2) My money order was paid to the "US Department of State". I wrote "For Diversity Visa Fee" and my DV case number under the "remark" section on the money order.

3) Forgive me if I've misunderstood your post. The self-addressed envelope shall have your current mailing address, be stamped, and put inside another envelope which is sending to that address of US DoS. After receiving your check, they will use that self-addressed envelope to send you back your receipt.
If what you listed above is how you handled the previously sent in payment this may explain why you're having issues with getting the payment receipt for from KCC.

1. Copy, paste (the following information to a blank word document), and fill it out:

DV Program Case Number: _____________________________________​
Selectee Surname _____________________________________________​
Selectee Given Name __________________________________________​
Address ______________________________________________________​
City: State: Zip Code: __________________________________________​
Payment for ____________ persons adjusting status in the U.S. (Number of Persons)​
Total Amount enclosed ____________________ (Fee amount times the number of persons adjusting status in the U.S.)​

2. Your Cashier's Check or Money Order should be made payable to: "U.S. Department of State" and NOT U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program (Make sure you write your CN on the back of the Cashier's Check or the the "Memo" section of the Money Order)

3. Self stamped addressed Envelope - This envelope should be filled with your personal mailing address - this is the envelope KCC is supposed to use in sending back the payment receipt to you.

4. Add 1, 2, and 3 into one envelope and mail out to:
U.S. Department of State​
Diversity Visa Program​
P.O. Box 979079​
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000​

That is exactly what I did my first time. The only thing that I didn't do is I didn't write "DIversity Visa Program" on the USPS mailing envlope.
I checked this website xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and it's the check should be sent to the "U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program" so I thought maybe I should try this out. Maybe by putting specifically the diversity visa program my check won't go to the treasury like the first time. Thank you everyone and sorry if I kept bringing this same subject, let's hope I get past this

Last edited by a moderator:
That is exactly what I did my first time. The only thing that I didn't do is I didn't write "DIversity Visa Program" on the USPS mailing envlope.
and it's the check should be sent to the "U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program" so I thought maybe I should try this out. Maybe by putting specifically the diversity visa program my check won't go to the treasury like the first time. Thank you everyone and sorry if I kept bringing this same subject, let's hope I get past this
Just a small update, I was told that the link that I shared that said that the check should be written to "U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program" is wrong. I don't want to mislead you guys. I will keep everyone posted :)

I’ve edited your post by removing the link to the website you referenced as the information on that website is ridiculously misleading. That website lists an I-864 as being applicable to DV based AOS applicants! I didn’t bother to keep looking in order to find what else could be misleading there, so for the sake of those relying on the information being shared in this forum, the link to that website has been removed.

I am confident your failure to fully address the envelope as shown/written here is the reason KCC does not have a record of the payment, and not because you did not make the check payable to “U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program”. Feel free to follow their guidance though if you feel more comfortable with using the information/guidance from that website.

I’ve edited your post by removing the link to the website you referenced as the information on that website is ridiculously misleading. That website lists an I-864 as being applicable to DV based AOS applicants! I didn’t bother to keep looking in order to find what else could be misleading there, so for the sake of those relying on the information being shared in this forum, the link to that website has been removed.

I am confident your failure to fully address the envelope as shown/written here is the reason KCC does not have a record of the payment, and not because you did not make the check payable to “U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program”. Feel free to follow their guidance though if you feel more comfortable with using the information/guidance from that website.
Hey mom! yes thanks for doing that, I also commented to make sure no one is mislead :)

Hi mom, I was able to learn my receipt number and my notice was mailed on 11/14. I am not sure but my name might be swapped. The representative said I should wait to receive the notice until 12/14 and then if the name is wrong I should contact them as you suggested before. But looks like my mail was lost too...I added the receipt number to my myuscis account and I see "failed to retrieve profile" error. Does it happen to everyone or can it be because of my name mistake?

Hi mom, I was able to learn my receipt number and my notice was mailed on 11/14. I am not sure but my name might be swapped. The representative said I should wait to receive the notice until 12/14 and then if the name is wrong I should contact them as you suggested before. But looks like my mail was lost too...I added the receipt number to my myuscis account and I see "failed to retrieve profile" error. Does it happen to everyone or can it be because of my name mistake?

Yeah, seems like the mail is lost. Since you now have the receipt number, you can go ahead and file an eRequest Notice of Non-Delivery - you will need to list your name as shown on the I-485 you filed though (even though the names are swapped, that is how the receipt number is currently tied to your case).

As for the error report, I don't know if it has anything to do with the name order issue, it may have to do with a system error or something

Yeah, seems like the mail is lost. Since you now have the receipt number, you can go ahead and file an eRequest Notice of Non-Delivery[/URL] - you will need to list your name as shown on the I-485 you filed though (even though the names are swapped, that is how the receipt number is currently tied to your case).

As for the error report, I don't know if it has anything to do with the name order issue, it may have to do with a system error or something
After I learned my receipt number, I talked to another representative and give my receipt number and then I wanted to confirm my name (not swapped) and mailing address, and she said they are correct. I’m so confused and terrified I want to solve this problem before bio is scheduled. I also created a missing mail inquiry to USPS but I doubt if they can find it because it is not the first mail they lost this year. Thank you very much mom, without this thread I would go crazy.

After I learned my receipt number, I talked to another representative and give my receipt number and then I wanted to confirm my name (not swapped) and mailing address, and she said they are correct. I’m so confused and terrified I want to solve this problem before bio is scheduled. I also created a missing mail inquiry to USPS but I doubt if they can find it because it is not the first mail they lost this year. Thank you very much mom, without this thread I would go crazy.

If you swapped your names on the I-485, that is how USCIS will have it captured in the system as of today (from when the AOS package was accepted), that is one thing I know for sure from personal experience and from second-hand reports of others in similar situation such as yours. My guess is that is why you were told last week they couldn’t find your case in the system when you called and provided your name in the right order (different from the swapped order in which you listed them on your application). Your bio notice (if not already mailed and gone missing too) will show up with the swapped names. Should that happen, you point out the issue when you go for the bio appointment and request for them to update your information.

You should sign up for informed delivery with USPS by the way if you don’t already have that in place.

If you swapped your names on the I-485, that is how USCIS will have it captured in the system as of today (from when the AOS package was accepted), that is one thing I know for sure from personal experience and from second-hand reports of others in similar situation such as yours. My guess is that is why you were told last week they couldn’t find your case in the system when you called and provided your name in the right order (different from the swapped order in which you listed them on your application). Your bio notice (if not already mailed and gone missing too) will show up with the swapped names. Should that happen, you point out the issue when you go for the bio appointment and request for them to update your information.
I did the request notice of non-delivery. What happens if the lost mail shows up until I hear back from that?

I did the request notice of non-delivery. What happens if the lost mail shows up until I hear back from that?

I'm sorry I don't understand your question.

p.s. I hope you realize putting in a non-delivery request notice is not the same as signing up for informed delivery.

Yeah, seems like the mail is lost. Since you now have the receipt number, you can go ahead and file an eRequest Notice of Non-Delivery - you will need to list your name as shown on the I-485 you filed though (even though the names are swapped, that is how the receipt number is currently tied to your case).

I'm sorry I don't understand your question.

p.s. I hope you realize putting in a non-delivery request notice is not the same as signing up for informed delivery.

Yes sorry, I referred to one of your previous posts. I did a non-delivery request to USCIS. My question is what if the lost mail shows up until I hear back from USCIS regarding my missing notice? Can I cancel the request?

Yes sorry, I referred to one of your previous posts. I did a non-delivery request to USCIS. My question is what if the lost mail shows up until I hear back from USCIS regarding my missing notice? Can I cancel the request?

You contact USCIS and inform them the mail has been delivered, and request to cancel the non-delivery inquiry/request you sent in.

Hey everyone, are these the only 2 conditions for the pictures we have to take to file? please let me know if there is another specification that I don't know of because I'm taking my picture tomorrow. Thanks

Diversity Visa Program Selectees

Each DV applicant will need to bring two (2) identical photos to the interview. Your photos must be:
  • Printed on photo quality paper
  • 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size

Hey everyone, are these the only 2 conditions for the pictures we have to take to file? please let me know if there is another specification that I don't know of because I'm taking my picture tomorrow. Thanks

Each DV applicant will need to bring two (2) identical photos to the interview. Your photos must be:

They need to follow standard guidelines for visa photos. See the list of requirements at the top of the following page https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html
What you pasted above is "additional requirements" for DV Selectees and the only important part is the fact that you need to bring 2 photos and their dimensions.

I don't recall any such requirement for DV based AOSers.