• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Mom,
I did an Early walk-in to my Biometrics appointment yesterday instead of waiting for my Scheduled Biometrics appointment on 13th September. I am wondering when is the right time to file for FOLLOW TO JOIN for my children residing outside the United States. I would also like to know If you have seen anyone who pursued a Successfully Follow To Join application this late in the Fiscal year.

Hi Mom,
I did an Early walk-in to my Biometrics appointment yesterday instead of waiting for my Scheduled Biometrics appointment on 13th September. I am wondering when is the right time to file for FOLLOW TO JOIN for my children residing outside the United States. I would also like to know If you have seen anyone who pursued a Successfully Follow To Join application this late in the Fiscal year.
Didn’t you say that the reason you were doing aos was that there were no interview slots left in your country’s consulate? That means there won’t be any for your family to do FTJ before the fiscal year end either. Perhaps you do not realize, but all immigrant visa applicants need to have an interview, not just the principal.

Hi Mom,
I recommend you take another look at my previous response to you re the FTJ possibility

Our case is still waiting, and there are no updates. Even after the USCIS chief emailed us 30 days ago saying, "Your applications are in the "decisional" phase of review," we couldn't get an update from the field office.

I saw @sideyn get approved without an interview on 8/26, and @alinat6 received an interview notice on 8/28. Congrats to both of them. Hopefully, we will be next!

I'm trying to reach USCIS again. Let's see what will happen. It is four months since I delivered my second RFE response to USCIS Chicago FO.

Hello Sanjar, I'm in San Diego too and same month CN September, deadline is approaching, did you file any congressman request to expedite your case?

thank you
No i didnt submit anything. my interview came very fast by itself. I think you should receive your interview very soon. If u dont receive it this week do congressional enquiry.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Had my interview today in Brooklyn NY field office (located at Federal Plaza). The check-in process was very quick, then I was asked to wait (~10 minutes). The officer was very friendly. She started with an oath and then asked a few questions from I-485 (like date of birth, date of my last US entry, home address, whether I had ever been arrested etc). She did not ask for any additional documents except the proof that I was still employed - I provided a letter from my employer (same as submitted in the case) plus most recent paychecks.
At the end, she gave me a paper notice that I've completed the interview and that my case is being held for review. She said my case was ok, but my background check was still pending and she would not be able to influence it. The final decision will be delivered by mail.
Not the ideal outcome I was hoping for, but fingers crossed I get an update soon.
Glad I found this forum and AOS spreadsheet/timeline - thank you for the help.

Hi everyone. Had my interview today in Brooklyn NY field office (located at Federal Plaza). The check-in process was very quick, then I was asked to wait (~10 minutes). The officer was very friendly. She started with an oath and then asked a few questions from I-485 (like date of birth, date of my last US entry, home address, whether I had ever been arrested etc). She did not ask for any additional documents except the proof that I was still employed - I provided a letter from my employer (same as submitted in the case) plus most recent paychecks.
At the end, she gave me a paper notice that I've completed the interview and that my case is being held for review. She said my case was ok, but my background check was still pending and she would not be able to influence it. The final decision will be delivered by mail.
Not the ideal outcome I was hoping for, but fingers crossed I get an update soon.
Glad I found this forum and AOS spreadsheet/timeline - thank you for the help.
Same thing happened to me . Did officer say it’s fbi background check ?

Curious on what could drive delay ? Does it depend on the country you moved from ?
I don’t know . Our main applicant was my wife and only hers is pending . My fbi background check is complete . My wife doesn’t have stem degree and her name is not that common too . So don’t know

Curious on what could drive delay ? Does it depend on the country you moved from ?
A combination of several factors such as chargeability country, common names, educational background, work experience/training, countries visited in the past, etc. You can take a look at the Background Check section of the AOS Report to learn more about what the BC involves.

Hey everyone,
just wondering if NBC updates on the USCIS online account/case status check when your case is transferred to a filed office or should I expect interview invitation update straight away when I check it online? Thanks for reading!

Hey everyone,
just wondering if NBC updates on the USCIS online account/case status check when your case is transferred to a filed office or should I expect interview invitation update straight away when I check it online? Thanks for reading!
Mine still says taken but the interview letter already came. I don’t think they are consistent. But you can ask ‘Emma’ if the FO has it or not

Mine still says taken but the interview letter already came. I don’t think they are consistent. But you can ask ‘Emma’ if the FO has it or not
I'm sorry but by taken do u mean the biometrics were taken if you don't mind me asking? Mine still says biometrics were taken and yeah no update so far. I asked the agent through Emma and he said the case is still processing at NBC so just holding onto a bit of hope my case can be adjudicated before the visa number runs out.

After a long wait, our journey toward obtaining a green card through the DV program has finally come to an end. Below is a timeline of our application process:

• January 31, 2024: Submitted application and fees
  • February 27, 2024: Biometrics appointment
  • July 23, 2024: Submitted e-inquiry for case outside of processing time
  • July 23, 2024: Interview scheduled (for September 5)
  • September 5, 2024: New card is being produced
My interview experience was smooth, and the immigration officer (IO) was very nice. It didn't take long, similar to other applicants who shared their experiences on this forum.

For future applicants, I recommend not choosing the AOS method if you're in TN, have a low case number (CN), can easily travel to your home country, and your country has a good track record with interviews. The Nashville Field Office waited until the very end to schedule us, and the wait was very stressful.

A big thank you to @Sm1smom mom and to this forum I’m so glad I found it. I wish everyone who hasn't received their green card yet the best of luck!

Last edited:
After a long wait, our journey toward obtaining a green card through the DV program has finally come to an end. Below is a timeline of our application process:

• January 31, 2024: Submitted application and fees
  • February 27, 2024: Biometrics appointment
  • July 23, 2024: Submitted e-inquiry for case outside of processing time
  • July 23, 2024: Interview scheduled (for September 5)
  • September 5, 2024: New card is being produced
My interview experience was smooth, and the immigration officer (IO) was very nice. It didn't take long, similar to other applicants who shared their experiences on this forum.

For future applicants, I recommend not choosing the AOS method if you're in TN, have a low case number (CN), can easily travel to your home country, and your country has a good track record with interviews. The Nashville Field Office waited until the very end to schedule us, and the wait was very stressful.

A big thank you to @Sm1smom mom and to this forum I’m so glad I found it. I wish everyone who hasn't received their green card yet the best of luck!
Congratulations. Happy to learn you made it through.

Hi @Sm1smom , I checked with the bank again today, and the check is still on Pending status(not been cashed).
My questions are as follow:
1) From your experiences, is it normal to have similar issues? if not, what might be the possible reasons to have such a problem( I'm just curious as I did triple check before sending the package) ?
2) What do you recommend to do at this point ?

PS: have already tried to contact lockbox last week, they sent the email below.
"
Good day,

Your submission was received and is currently processing at the Lockbox. Once your submission has been completely processed, you will receive a notice in the mail."

Thank you in advance !

My TPS got approved for renewal today but nothing on the AOS case lol. I got super happy when I got an email notification that says “USCIS has made a decision on your case”. The wait is still on :)