• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

For a typical case where a selectee gets married after the initial entry submission or subsequent selection, all they’ve needed to include was just the marriage certificate. No additional explanation required. Except in a few cases where they may be suspecting the marriage was a GC based one, in which case they would have been given the opportunity to demonstrate otherwise.

I do not believe the IO misunderstood his eligibility to process as a DV derivative on the basis of being married after your selection. I’m more inclined into thinking he was denied due to failure to be listed on your entry form as a spouse, since the denial letter says “USCIS has determined that, although you qualify as the principal beneficiary’s spouse, when the principal beneficiary submitted the DV lottery entry he or she did not include your name, biographic information, and photograph in his or her application for the DV lottery” They believe you were already married before the entry submission.
Thank you so much for you detailing explanation!

As I know everyone can request a criminal background report, but they'll just get your finger print records and you need to do that in selected US post offices.
You asked can you do voluntary biometrics to speed up the process before you get the bio letter. The only biometrics that count are the ones uscis do. You can’t do them without the letter. You can get fingerprints anywhere but they’re not going to care.

Hello Sm1smom, Is there any chance to process an AOS successfully before 30 Sept if I start today? My case number is AF61K and I had opted for consular processing until today when I confirmed from my Home Embassy that it had stopped Scheduling Interviews in the fiscal year of 2024. That means am left without getting a 2NL and the only option I have now is to process AOS. I'm an F1 student and currently in status so am eligible for AOS. I just did not do it in the first place because I have my children outside the United States and I thought could bring my entire family at once easier through CP than AOS.
I would like to know if you have seen anyone navigating the AOS process within the last 2 months of the fiscal year and get their green cards successfully.
Also, is there any chance that I can file the Follow to Join process/ I-824 if I get my green card before the end of the fiscal year and bring my children to the United States?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello Sm1smom, Is there any chance to process an AOS successfully before 30 Sept if I start today? My case number is AF61K and I had opted for consular processing until today when I confirmed from my Home Embassy that it had stopped Scheduling Interviews in the fiscal year of 2024. That means am left without getting a 2NL and the only option I have now is to process AOS. I'm an F1 student and currently in status so am eligible for AOS. I just did not do it in the first place because I have my children outside the United States and I thought could bring my entire family at once easier through CP than AOS.
I would like to know if you have seen anyone navigating the AOS process within the last 2 months of the fiscal year and get their green cards successfully.
Also, is there any chance that I can file the Follow to Join process/ I-824 if I get my green card before the end of the fiscal year and bring my children to the United States?
Thank you.
While being able to complete the process is not guaranteed for anyone, regardless of when they started the process, we have several reports of selectees who filed and successfully completed the process within the last two months of the FY.

For the second part of your question, considering the reason you’re switching from CP to AOS at this late stage is because you’ve been informed your home embassy is no longer scheduling interviews for 2024 selectees, it’s a no brainer your children will not be able to benefit from your selection as derivatives via FTJ since their interview is supposed to be at this same embassy. Your only option if you get your own GC through AOS will be to sponsor them through the family based process, which is a pricey and longer process, but would be worth it in the end.

I have a question there was an RFE requested for me my husband and my kids about the dv fees receipt we sent them the documents. My status changed from RFE was sent to New card being produced. Does this mean that I am in the safe side or it is still a matter of approval? I can’t believe still so worried. The other problem is that me and my husband status changed to Bew card being produced, but my kids still pending on the previous stage of RFE was sent all our documents were sent in the same time and our dv receipt was one receipt of 4 persons.

By the way I can’t log in my information on the tracking sheet I couldn’t find it could u send me the link.

Hi so I contacted the congressman office and they told me to find the expedite reason, what should I ask them for specifically so they can help me with my case, also I havent received the confirmation of them receiving my AOS, should I wait for that?

Last edited:
Hey my status got updated to Card was mailed to me on 7/25, just found out today lol. Then I asked EMMA for a tracking number and realized the card was actually just sent out today.
Update:
Received my green card today!
The category is DV6 and all the info is correct. @studentwinner @lenok68 @Freddiereigns @anyone with wrong COA on their approval notice.
Guess my DV journey has finally come to an end here. Again thanks to everyone helped me before. Wish y’all the best of luck!

Edit:
I did apply for an SSN card on my i485 form, should I receive them separately?

Last edited:
Friends, as we approach the end of the 2024 fiscal year, what is the final step we need to ensure that we will receive our green cards, even after the fiscal year ends?

Hi so I contacted the congressman office and they told me to find the expedite reason, what should I ask them for specifically so they can help me with my case, also I have received the confirmation of them receiving my AOS, should I wait for that?
Hi, it seems that you filed your case on 07/26/2024 (3 days ago). I suggest reviewing the AOS Process Spreadsheet to better understand the process. At this point, there is no need to make a congressional inquiry. Since you received confirmation, you should also have received the application/request number. You can now track the status of your case through the USCIS website. As soon as your package reaches the field office and remains there without any updates, you can then consider starting a congressional inquiry. Meanwhile, you can chat with live agents in EMMA (the USCIS virtual assistant) to get a better understanding of your case location.

Update:
The category is DV6 and all the info is correct. @studentwinner @lenok68 @Freddiereigns @anyone with wrong COA on their approval notice.
Guess my DV journey has finally come to an end here. Again thanks to everyone helped me before. Wish y’all the best of luck!

Edit:
Yay! I’m so happy for you!! Enjoy your new life! :D

@lenok68 @Freddiereigns FYI - today I got my tracking number by calling USCIS at (800) 375-5283 (because EMMA agents couldn't see it) and now my card appears as an incoming package from the card production facility on my informed delivery.

Hi so I contacted the congressman office and they told me to find the expedite reason, what should I ask them for specifically so they can help me with my case, also I havent received the confirmation of them receiving my AOS, should I wait for that?
Seriously? You sent in your AOS package like 3 days ago, and you're already contacting your congressman's office to assist with expedite request? If it works like that, you don't think all those who filed long before you would have done the same thing. At this point, I recommend you slow down and go through the AOS process spreadsheet again to ensure you have a better understanding of the steps involved and not misuse the opportunity you may need down the road too early.

I have a question there was an RFE requested for me my husband and my kids about the dv fees receipt we sent them the documents. My status changed from RFE was sent to New card being produced. Does this mean that I am in the safe side or it is still a matter of approval? I can’t believe still so worried. The other problem is that me and my husband status changed to Bew card being produced, but my kids still pending on the previous stage of RFE was sent all our documents were sent in the same time and our dv receipt was one receipt of 4 persons.

By the way I can’t log in my information on the tracking sheet I couldn’t find it could u send me the link.
Timeline spreadsheet link:

Guys if I receive the "Card Production Order Update" in the last day of September, then will I still receive my greencard? Or due to the end of the fiscal year I'll lost everything?

Update:

Edit:
Amazing news!! So happy for you, congrats!

Guys if I receive the "Card Production Order Update" in the last day of September, then will I still receive my greencard? Or due to the end of the fiscal year I'll lost everything?
Your case must be approved or denied by 30th September midnight. If it is approved before the date and the approval notice is sent. All things being equal, I believe even if your card delivers in October you still safe

Hello, in order to pay my dv administrative fee I have to write my address, but it is different from my 2NL address. Will it create any problem when I pay the fee and when I send my Aos documents?