• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hey, new update! The letter was in fact a scam to get me to sign up for the identity theft protection and phish details from me there. Thank you to everyone in the forum for taking the situation so seriously though, I appreciate the encouragement and suggestions. Stay safe out there! I thought I was smarter than this, but it's so simple to be tricked when emotions are high. I found out by visiting the LA Field Office (where the letter still fooled multiple USCIS employees) and it was ultimately a security guard who pointed out a number of errors within the letter.

Hey, new update! The letter was in fact a scam to get me to sign up for the identity theft protection and phish details from me there. Thank you to everyone in the forum for taking the situation so seriously though, I appreciate the encouragement and suggestions. Stay safe out there! I thought I was smarter than this, but it's so simple to be tricked when emotions are high. I found out by visiting the LA Field Office (where the letter still fooled multiple USCIS employees) and it was ultimately a security guard who pointed out a number of errors within the letter.
Oh wow!!!!

Was the FO able to confirm with you that they have your case file on hand? Or give any updates on next steps for your process?

Nope! I'm shocked at the amount of employed officials that it fooled. Nobody opened my account to fact check the claim or anything. They just read the letter and told me to follow the instructions or to call the contact center. I had already reached out to the contact center and am waiting for a call back, but I'll follow up with them tomorrow to inform them that this was a mistake. I'll ask about my case then too, my receipt number hasn't updated since my biometrics where taken back in April. I'll attach a photo of the letter.

Attachments

• IMG_5547.JPG
    IMG_5547.JPG
    387 KB · Views: 54
Nope! I'm shocked at the amount of employed officials that it fooled. Nobody opened my account to fact check the claim or anything. They just read the letter and told me to follow the instructions or to call the contact center. I had already reached out to the contact center and am waiting for a call back, but I'll follow up with them tomorrow to inform them that this was a mistake. I'll ask about my case then too, my receipt number hasn't updated since my biometrics where taken back in April. I'll attach a photo of the letter.
Hm. The url is a private company but the email is a uscis one, I would personally contact the uscis email just to make sure one way or the other. Identityforce is part of transunion and is an approved partner for US govt agencies. if a physical file did go missing then someone will have ALL your personal information and protecting your identity is a smart thing to do.

Oh wow! That’s quite interesting. They somehow already have some of your information, if indeed it is a scam - it is a targeted one. It means someone out there knows you have a pending application with USCIS, and they know the FO assigned to your case. Now, that is quite scary. Do be extra careful.

They have my address, so presuming which FO would have my case makes sense. I'm somewhat concerned about being targeted as they would have to know that I've applied for 'something', but there is no doubt in my mind now that it's fake. The only information that the letter has is my name and address, of which the address they wrote had two typos. Plus some others within the letter, the actual website link takes you to a clear phishing landing page (mimicking IdentityForce), and Katura Brockington is listed nowhere as a USCIS employee.

They have my address, so presuming which FO would have my case makes sense. I'm somewhat concerned about being targeted as they would have to know that I've applied for 'something', but there is no doubt in my mind now that it's fake. The only information that the letter has is my name and address, of which the address they wrote had two typos. Plus some others within the letter, the actual website link takes you to a clear phishing landing page (mimicking IdentityForce), and Katura Brockington is listed nowhere as a USCIS employee
Actually I found Katura Brockington as a USCIS employee - the letter states a different title though.

I was intrigued because I recently received a phone call from USCIS and have definitely been on alert for it being a scam.

Hoping you're able to speak with someone to clear it up and get a case update.

They have my address, so presuming which FO would have my case makes sense. I'm somewhat concerned about being targeted as they would have to know that I've applied for 'something', but there is no doubt in my mind now that it's fake. The only information that the letter has is my name and address, of which the address they wrote had two typos. Plus some others within the letter, the actual website link takes you to a clear phishing landing page (mimicking IdentityForce), and Katura Brockington is listed nowhere as a USCIS employee.
Not sure where you did your search or got the information about Katura Brockington not being listed as a USCIS employee. A quick google search says otherwise;

1722476365415.png

Apologies for my oversight! I did not search far in regards to the USCIS employee. Out of curiosity and for final confirmation, I just followed the link in the letter, inputed fake information to see where it leads, and it ultimately just ends on a page asking for your social security number. Definitely a scam.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 6.39.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 6.39.12 PM.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 19
Apologies for my oversight! I did not search far in regards to the USCIS employee. Out of curiosity and for final confirmation, I just followed the link in the letter, inputed fake information to see where it leads, and it ultimately just ends on a page asking for your social security number. Definitely a scam.
If I was you, I would sign up for a legitimate Identity Theft protection account.

WOW....

Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. I do know for a fact though when my information was breached a while back, (nothing related to USCIS), the credit monitoring site I was asked to register with required my SSN in order for me to set up my account and have it monitored. Nonetheless, trust and follow your own instincts.

Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. I do know for a fact though when my information was breached a while back, (nothing related to USCIS), the credit monitoring site I was asked to register with required my SSN in order for me to set up my account and have it monitored. Nonetheless, trust and follow your own instincts.
Thank you for the advice!

Hello, how are you? Please, please help me. What should I do? I read on the immigration site that I can submit my application five weeks before my number is valid. If I submit an early submission, the fingerprints were picked up two months ago and I did not receive an update. I am worried about the rejection of my case due to early submission and I am afraid that the rejection is late and I cannot right to submit again.

I want to ask you if I have prepared a new i485 order and sent it now that my number is vali

It could hurt my cas

What would you advise me to do? I'm worried about early submissio

I want to make a new application, and I don't know. n.e.d.

Hello, how are you? Please, please help me. What should I do? I read on the immigration site that I can submit my application five weeks before my number is valid. If I submit an early submission, the fingerprints were picked up two months ago and I did not receive an update. I am worried about the rejection of my case due to early submission and I am afraid that the rejection is late and I cannot right to submit again.

I want to ask you if I have prepared a new i485 order and sent it now that my number is vali

It could hurt my cas

What would you advise me to do? I'm worried about early submissio

I want to make a new application, and I don't know. n.e.d.
Not having any update after bio completion is quite normal. You need to provide more information about your case in order for me to have a better idea of what could possibly be going on and provide you with more guidance on what your next step could be. So you need to add your case details to the 2024 Timeline Spreadsheet, link below:

Hello, do I need to include employment proof, w2 and tax return in AOS package for my spouse? or just for the principal applicant?
Thanks!

Hello,

I wanted to provide an update on our case. We are current for August, and our case is now at the field office. My husband (derivative applicant) received an RFE from the Field Office (Spokane, WA) to provide evidence that we have shared a marital life together since 2015. We have had the same physical address since marriage and have attended/are attending the same school. My husband only included the marriage certificate in his application, but my application included our joint savings accounts and joint IRS transcripts (past three years) for the financial documents section. Just wanted to share this in case it helps someone from the same field office or current/future AOS applicants.
Hi Mom and All,

Our (both main and derivative applicants) online case status changed to "New card being produced" today (August 1, 2024). It seems our interview was waived. We are grateful to Mom for all the resources and support throughout the DV-based AOS process. We diligently followed all the steps and resources provided by Mom in this forum (we didn't use a lawyer). We couldn't have done it without your guidance. We will update when the physical card is received. Good luck to everyone waiting for their cases to be approved.

Thanks again!