• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Mom and All,

Our (both main and derivative applicants) online case status changed to "New card being produced" today (August 1, 2024). It seems our interview was waived. We are grateful to Mom for all the resources and support throughout the DV-based AOS process. We diligently followed all the steps and resources provided by Mom in this forum (we didn't use a lawyer). We couldn't have done it without your guidance. We will update when the physical card is received. Good luck to everyone waiting for their cases to be approved.

Thanks again!
Amazing news. Congratulations!

Hi Mom and All,

Our (both main and derivative applicants) online case status changed to "New card being produced" today (August 1, 2024). It seems our interview was waived. We are grateful to Mom for all the resources and support throughout the DV-based AOS process. We diligently followed all the steps and resources provided by Mom in this forum (we didn't use a lawyer). We couldn't have done it without your guidance. We will update when the physical card is received. Good luck to everyone waiting for their cases to be approved.

Thanks again!
Thanks for the follow-up update. And congratulations :)

Hello. On tuesday I sent my dv adminstrative fee. But lady in the usps didn’t listened me and first made both envelopes seperate. And after that I asked if it like self adressed stamped one. After that she opened both and labeled new address label on the self addressed one put it in the normal envelope. I thought it was what should be done. So at the end, the self addressed envelope has no address on it and, already closed and opened before she put it in. And when I searched on the internet, I found out that it has to have address. But my money order and the outer one have my address. And the mail is already delivered. İs here anybody have problem like this? I do not know what I should do next.

Last edited:
Hello. On tuesday I sent my dv adminstrative fee. But lady in the usps didn’t listened me and first made both envelopes seperate. And after that I asked if it like self adressed stamped one. After that she opened both and labeled new address label on the self addressed one put it in the normal envelope. After I explained her it was the thing she did and I thought it was what should be done. So at the end the self addressed envelope has no address on it and, closed and opened before she put it in. And when searched on the internet, I found out it have to have address. But my money order and the outer one have my address. And the mail is already delivered. İs here anybody have problem like this? I do not know what I should do next.
It was your responsibility to have added your own address to the envelope that was supposed to be used in mailing back the receipt to you, not the responsibility of the USPS personnel.

You can first track the payment to confirm if it has been processed. Then try to track the envelope that’s supposed to be used in returning the receipt to you to see if it has been activated. Alternatively once you’ve confirmed the payment has been processed, you can email KCC to request they email back a copy of the receipt.

Do bio notices always come in via mail letter or have to ask Emma ?
Bio notice gets mailed out. However, it may be possible to find out the date prior to receiving the mailed noticed.

p.s. add your case progress to the Timeline spreadsheet.

Reactions: NSE
Hi folks,

today my case status changed:

August 1, 2024 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

I did not get any BIO appointments, though we did biometrics last October (2023) for EAD, so probably they just used those

Should I update my timeline to BIO waived?

Thanks

I finally received my green card today with the correct DV6 category. For anyone constantly tracking their green card delivery, USPS can be spotty with their scans - my package entered a distribution center in Missouri and had no updates for almost 2 days before it appeared at my city distribution center this morning.

From the first time the lottery results were announced in May 2023 until now, AOS was by far the most stressful, yet the most worthy wait of my life. But I am also truly grateful I got this opportunity through DV and not through other means like marriage or employment with forever wait times for some. I wish the best of luck to all of you in completing the process.

Once again, I am indebted to this forum for its guidance and support. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at any point if you have specific questions regarding my experience!
Congratulations! Happy for you.

Hi Mom, I got a strange response to my question about if USCIS has ever requested my KCC file from KCC:

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue processing your case.
To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request.
Please direct your inquiry to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) at 1-800-375-5283 or visit https://uscis.gov.

It feels like they just sent boilerplate response to everyone as they did to @agafon, instead of giving simple answer yes or no, if it was requested by USCIS. @Sm1smom What are your thoughts on that? Thanks in advance!

Despite my number EU11000 and the fact that I applied as current in January, sent 2 congressional inquiries and expedite requests, I don't see any progress. Either there is something wrong with my file (I feel like they might not realize that it is dv lottery), or they will treat it as any other I485 application. Honestly, I have no hope left. I guess there is no one who was current in January and didn't get a result. I guess I'll go down in history. I hope no one experiences what I experienced.

I am thrilled to announce that I received my green card today. There was a brief moment of uncertainty when the USPS agent couldn’t locate my priority mail initially. The lady (USPS staff) said she got my priority mail from her boss but she doesn’t know where she placed it. lol I told her to kindly find it cause it’s important and she went looking back in her truck for a while. She then returned with the card saying it was buried under other mails. I am immensely grateful to God and @Sm1smom @Xarthisius @SusieQQQ who supported me throughout this journey. I hope that everyone else awaiting approval will receive their good news before the end of the fiscal year. I look forward to sharing my experiences and offering any assistance I can to others going through this process.

Hi Mom, I got a strange response to my question about if USCIS has ever requested my KCC file from KCC:

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue processing your case.
To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request.
Please direct your inquiry to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) at 1-800-375-5283 or visit https://uscis.gov.

It feels like they just sent boilerplate response to everyone as they did to @agafon, instead of giving simple answer yes or no, if it was requested by USCIS. @Sm1smom What are your thoughts on that? Thanks in advance!
I already shared my thoughts on this in this post yesterday.

@Sm1smom i have a question. I am currently on OPT which expires in January 2025. Do I need to inform my former school Immigration advisor to cancel the sevis or something? I honestly don’t know how that works transitioning from F1 status to green card. Any other “after green card” advice will be much appreciated.

@Sm1smom i have a question. I am currently on OPT which expires in January 2025. Do I need to inform my former school Immigration advisor to cancel the sevis or something? I honestly don’t know how that works transitioning from F1 status to green card. Any other “after green card” advice will be much appreciated.
I informed my DSO today after receiving my card yesterday. They said they would review my documents (a scan of my green card) and let me know about the next steps. I think you should be telling them now that you have the card in hand.