• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

also visit the SSA office if you didnt ask for a replacement in the i485.
FYI, I paid a visit to my SSA yesterday and one of the staffs told me that they wouldn’t process my new SSN card unless I go there to start the process lol(I did ask for a new card in my i485). Not sure if it’s just for me tho.

Last edited:
FYI, I paid a visit to my SSA yesterday and one of the staffs told me that they wouldn’t process my new SSN card unless I go there to start the process lol(I did ask for a new card in my i485). Not sure if it’s just for me tho.
Even if you did request a new SSN card on your I-485, you should still visit your nearest SSA to apply for a "replacement" SSN card if you wish to have one without the DHS restrictions written on it.

I just got back from the office. You will need the new PR card and also any ID that you have. drivers license or state ID. It’s free. Within 2 weeks you will get the card mailed to you.

Hi everyone, today we had an interview. We were informed that everything looks good and that the green card should be approved after a background check. After 4 hours, we saw a new message in the system (see below). Does this mean that we successfully passed the background check and received approval? Or is it possible for the status to change?

New Card Is Being Produced​

On August 2, 2024, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to xx to give us your new mailing address

Hi everyone, today we had an interview. We were informed that everything looks good and that the green card should be approved after a background check. After 4 hours, we saw a new message in the system (see below). Does this mean that we successfully passed the background check and received approval? Or is it possible for the status to change?

New Card Is Being Produced​

On August 2, 2024, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number xx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to xx to give us your new mailing address
This would mean your case has been approved. You will know for certain when you receive the GC itself in the mail in the next couple of days. Congrats and remember to update the Timeline Spreadsheet.

Hi, just reporting back from my interview that took place this afternoon.
It was a great interview with a very professional officer. My wife and I were interviewed at the same time. I carried every document I could think of, originals and copies, but I did not need any as the officer reviewed the files I originally sent (a very organized binder :) ).
I checked the USCIS website a couple of hours later, and I got the update that the cards are being produced...at last! Just a bit more patience and my wife and I will get them in our hands.
Thank you Mom for your help and dedication to helping folks like me get to the finish line. This forum, I can't recall how many times I looked at the spreadsheets, guidelines, and timeline, time spent gathering documents, assembling the cases, doing this, doing that, waiting, paying, stressing out a bit...and it's Friday, so, I'm gonna have a drink!
Best of luck to everyone here, I hope you'll get there too.

It was a great interview with a very professional officer. My wife and I were interviewed at the same time. I carried every document I could think of, originals and copies, but I did not need any as the officer reviewed the files I originally sent (a very organized binder :) ).
I checked the USCIS website a couple of hours later, and I got the update that the cards are being produced...at last! Just a bit more patience and my wife and I will get them in our hands.
Thank you Mom for your help and dedication to helping folks like me get to the finish line. This forum, I can't recall how many times I looked at the spreadsheets, guidelines, and timeline, time spent gathering documents, assembling the cases, doing this, doing that, waiting, paying, stressing out a bit...and it's Friday, so, I'm gonna have a drink!
Cool …. Congrats

1722641220734.gif

Very similar experience today (to be honest I expected the worst after some messages in interviews thread). Don't think I could do it without this forum, thank you all!

Hello! My case is 24xxx. I sent my I-485 in July 1. From July 23 i had received the letter, that my daughter;s case and mine are in in NBC and my fingerprint were taken . It seems our cases are stuck there.Today I called to the USCIS call center and they confirmed that our cases are still there.Apparently they decided to hold on to our cases for some unknown reason. Please give us advice what should we do. Thank you

Hello! My case is 24xxx. I sent my I-485 in July 1. From July 23 i had received the letter, that my daughter;s case and mine are in in NBC and my fingerprint were taken . It seems our cases are stuck there.Today I called to the USCIS call center and they confirmed that our cases are still there.Apparently they decided to hold on to our cases for some unknown reason. Please give us advice what should we do. Thank you
Add your case to the timeline spreadsheet to provide us with better insight into your case, which will enable us to better understand your situation, and respond to your questions accordingly.

yes I added it. Lena86
This is why it is important for forum username to match with what is listed on the Timeline Spreadsheet. I wouldn’t have asked you to add to case if the username was the same.

Anyway, comparing your case to similar cases from the same FO as you shows your case is on track. You can ignore what you were told about the files being at the NBC, it isn’t unusual for the frontline agents to say that. The case files are most likely already at the FO by now.

Hi! Wanted to let you know that I was in a very similar situation, I was told that my case is still at NBC every time I called. You can click on my profile messages to see my posts related to that. I ended up submitting Tier 2 inquiry because my case at NBC and I requested a transfer to my FO. Eventually, Tier 2 just got back to me with a very generic email response but soon after that, I was scheduled for the interview. Good luck! Ps I do not think my case was at NBC and as mom said - Tier 1 agents just do not have a visibility that the case was electronically sent to the FO.

Hi! Wanted to let you know that I was in a very similar situation, I was told that my case is still at NBC every time I called. You can click on my profile messages to see my posts related to that. I ended up submitting Tier 2 inquiry because my case at NBC and I requested a transfer to my FO. Eventually, Tier 2 just got back to me with a very generic email response but soon after that, I was scheduled for the interview. Good luck! Ps I do not think my case was at NBC and as mom said - Tier 1 agents just do not have a visibility that the case was electronically sent to the FO.
Thank you Tanya! What is Tier? How can I call them? Thank you again for your help.

Hi there!
Thanks for sharing your experience. Could you provide more details on how you submitted the Tier 2 inquiry and requested the transfer to your Field Office (FO)? Also, how long did it take from the time you submitted the inquiry until you were scheduled for the interview?
Thanks

James

Last edited:
Hi both! As I mentioned, click on my profile and then on messages - you will see all the posts I have made and how I have submitted a Tier 2 inquiry. Also, I am on a timeline spreadsheet with all the dates provided, including when I submitted an inquiry and when I have received an interview notice.
Tier is just a level of a customer support at USCIS - ak Emma. When you call or chat with Emma you talk to Tier 1 agents who have limited resources to see your case. Tier 2 would have more insights about the case but you need to submit an inquiry via Tier 1 to talk to them (they just emailed me btw and never called back). I received a response from Tier 2 in 30 days, I think - again it is all reflected in a spreadsheet and my previous posts. Good luck!

Hi, I’m sorry you’re still waiting for action from the New York office. If it helps you feel better, I can tell you it’s probably not due to early filing. My case at New York FO was approved in July (my current month) which I had submitted in May. So I doubt you will need to submit a new application.

Your case may be stuck in background check. You can start following steps like congressional inquiry as others have done here. Best of luck.
Hello, today I received an interview letter. The title of the letter is G-56 CALL NOTICE. Is this normal? I do not speak English. Do they provide a translator or should I bring a translator with me? Please help me. The interview is in two days.

Hi everyone,
My case was approved a few days ago, and now the status has changed to "Card was mailed” yesterday on the USCIS website. However, the tracking number isn't available yet. I tried reaching out through EMMA, but the agent informed me that the card is still being produced. Should I trust the website or the EMMA agent? I moving to a different state in few days so im a little concerned about the timing of the mail. Is there another way to find out the tracking number or check the status of the mail? Thanks!

Hello, today I received an interview letter. The title of the letter is G-56 CALL NOTICE. Is this normal? I do not speak English. Do they provide a translator or should I bring a translator with me? Please help me. The interview is in two days.
Hi! Do not know about the G-56 but you need to bring a translator with you and I think they have to fill out the interpreter form. I would wait until Mom responds but start looking for a translator asap.