• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

At what point and how do you know the FO location.I think assuming it based on lockbox would not be wise. Thanks for your response(s).
FO location is based on your physical location. Every major city has a FO. you can find your FO using the link below:

Reactions: NSE
Hi, I just requested access to add my case to the Spreadsheet. Meanwhile, I have a question. My case becomes current in Sep, and it shows that the money order was cashed on 07/30 and the lockbox delivery date is 07/27. Would submitting a congressional inquiry help me get a biometric appointment? When I call USCIS staff, they answer with generic answers that I already know from my USCIS account. Overall, what would you recommend me to do to expedite my case (biometric appnmt and interview) going forward given I have only less than 2 months?

Hi, I just requested access to add my case to the Spreadsheet. Meanwhile, I have a question. My case becomes current in Sep, and it shows that the money order was cashed on 07/30 and the lockbox delivery date is 07/27. Would submitting a congressional inquiry help me get a biometric appointment? When I call USCIS staff, they answer with generic answers that I already know from my USCIS account. Overall, what would you recommend me to do to expedite my case (biometric appnmt and interview) going forward given I have only less than 2 months?
Compare your case to others on the Timeline Spreadsheet to get an idea of how long it takes to get the bio notice, and remain patient for yours to show up. That is what I would recommend at this point.

Greetings,

I'm a DV 2024 winner with case number AS20XXX. I've been in the US since April on a J-1 visa (No 2-year home residency requirement). I've just recently learned about the AOS approach yesterday, but am extremely worried about the tight schedule. Here is a summary of my situation in bullet points:

- I submitted my DS-260 on May 2023
- I just emailed KCC that I'm willing to transfer my case to AOS.
- I have already started filling out the Form I-845
- I will mail the 330$ to DV first thing on the morning tomorrow, Aug 5th.
- I will try to book my medical examination this week.

Although Simnon Brit states that there is a chance if I file before mid-Aug, I'm extremely worried about the tight timing. I just skimmed the timeline for some of the prior DV-AOS cases, and it left me puzzled. I will probably have to file in my application without the medical examination (given that it takes time) and without the DV fees receipt from the DOS (which seems to also take a lot of time).

I would greatly appreciate your insights and advice on my case. Is it worth the shot? Should I wait for the DV fees receipt or submit without (and instead add some kind of a proof of payment?). Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Greetings,

I'm a DV 2024 winner with case number AS20XXX. I've been in the US since April on a J-1 visa (No 2-year home residency requirement). I've just recently learned about the AOS approach yesterday, but am extremely worried about the tight schedule. Here is a summary of my situation in bullet points:

Although Simnon Brit states that there is a chance if I file before mid-Aug, I'm extremely worried about the tight timing. I just skimmed the timeline for some of the prior DV-AOS cases, and it left me puzzled. I will probably have to file in my application without the medical examination (given that it takes time) and without the DV fees receipt from the DOS (which seems to also take a lot of time).

I would greatly appreciate your insights and advice on my case. Is it worth the shot? Should I wait for the DV fees receipt or submit without (and instead add some kind of a proof of payment?). Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Mom may have a better thought on this, but if I were you, I would still wait for the medical and include it. Not sending in the medical means there is no way interview will be waived if your FO waives DV interview, or RFE being issued. Add your info in the spreadsheet.

Hi, I am 2024 OC 25XX (London Embassy). I did not receive 2NL, so looks like my Green Card via Consular Processing is not going to happen. I have been living and working in USA for 2 years now on E3 Treaty visa for Australians. I am currently employed as an International Airline pilot and hence my company/sponsor prefer that I do not try AOS as I will be unable to work while I-485 is being adjudicated. Also they believe if my AOS is unsuccessful it may prevent me from renewing my E3 visa if needed.
I'm off work for the next 6 weeks, wondering if its possible to achieve Green Card by AOS within this time frame?
Would I really be rejected for E3 renewal (non immigrant visa) if AOS not successful?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Thomas.

All applicants answer YES to the public charge question regardless of what type of health insurance they have.
Wait.... all applicants answer YES? Do you mean all, even if I never aplied for a benefits? Not sure I got you

I answered the truth, I never applied for benefits and I answered NO

is it a mistake?

Wait.... all applicants answer YES? Do you mean all, even if I never aplied for a benefits? Not sure I got you

is it a mistake?
Hi, your answer is incorrect. The question on the I-485 form states:

"Are you subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility under INA section 212(a)(4)?" This can be rephrased as: "Are you affected by the public charge rule under INA section 212(a)(4)?"

I'm not sure why you interpreted that as "Have you ever applied for government benefits?"

For more details, you can read USCIS Policy Manual, Part G, Chapter 3.B:

Hi, your answer is incorrect. The question on the I-485 form states:

"Are you subject to the public charge ground of inadmissibility under INA section 212(a)(4)?" This can be rephrased as: "Are you affected by the public charge rule under INA section 212(a)(4)?"

I'm not sure why you interpreted that as "Have you ever applied for government benefits?"

For more details, you can read USCIS Policy Manual, Part G, Chapter 3.B:
Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 9.00.26 PM.png

to me is sounds like will you become a public charge? my answer is NO, or I still interpreting it wrong?

Greetings,

Regards,
Since you haven't sent the payment to the KCC, it means you don't have the medical exam AND the receipt from the KCC, which increases the chance of receiving an RFE. While you wait for the receipt (which usually takes 1-2 weeks), you can complete the medical exam. I suggest getting all the required vaccinations before your first visit so that they can just take your blood and perform the exam. It usually takes up to 3 business days to get the blood test results. Therefore, it is feasible to complete the medical exam and get signed I-693 within one week.

Last edited:

is it a mistake?
Yeah, so, as per the rules for green card applicants, all must answer yes to this question and then provide the information in the I485 about household income etc. That said, I realized this myself after I made the same mistake...I'd say don't sweat it. I was concerned too about the potential outcome and it turned out for nothing because my case was approved last week and my card is being produced now. I did not even have a question about this during my interview...but I was ready nonetheless with all paperwork/justifications should the officer have any questions.
Just gather justifications and be ready if needed.
Regards.

View attachment 4866

to me is sounds like will you become a public charge? my answer is NO, or I still interpreting it wrong?
Sorry, I can only refer you again to the USCIS Policy Manual, Part G, Chapter 3.B, which states:

"The public charge ground of inadmissibility will generally apply to all applicants for adjustment of status unless they are specifically exempt from the public charge ground of inadmissibility."

I leave it to you to make a decision.

View attachment 4866

The interviewing officer is required to assess whether you will become a public charge (your extract here is from the instructions for consular officers). So the answer is yes, you are subject to that and it is up to the officer, not you, to determine whether or not you are likely to become a public charge.

is it a mistake?
View attachment 4866

Detailed explanation of why the correct answer to this question is YES can be found in the FAQ tab of the AOS process spreadsheet - which is the reason I keep referring folks to that spreadsheet.

Hi, I am 2024 OC 25XX (London Embassy). I did not receive 2NL, so looks like my Green Card via Consular Processing is not going to happen. I have been living and working in USA for 2 years now on E3 Treaty visa for Australians. I am currently employed as an International Airline pilot and hence my company/sponsor prefer that I do not try AOS as I will be unable to work while I-485 is being adjudicated. Also they believe if my AOS is unsuccessful it may prevent me from renewing my E3 visa if needed.
I'm off work for the next 6 weeks, wondering if its possible to achieve Green Card by AOS within this time frame?
Would I really be rejected for E3 renewal (non immigrant visa) if AOS not successful?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Thomas.
While it is indeed true that the CO will have the final say when the time comes, IMHO, the boat has already sailed in terms of worrying over the possibility of not being able to renew your E3 visa at the embassy due to the DS260 submission.

You’ve already demonstrated an immigrant intent (with the DS260 submission), so you might as well give yourself a shot at getting a GC by going all the way in with filing for AOS. You however will most likely need more than six weeks to complete the process considering you’ve not yet made the DV administrative fee payment, nor completed the required medical exam.

Hi @Sm1smom
It's been 16 days since my and my wife's fingerprints were processed, and I haven't received any notification since then. On the other hand, I got a job offer and my wife got a better job. One of the weak points in our process was the lack of financial resources. Should I send these new updates to our case to USCIS or just wait for an interview, since we're already approaching September?

Hi @Sm1smom
It's been 16 days since my and my wife's fingerprints were processed, and I haven't received any notification since then. On the other hand, I got a job offer and my wife got a better job. One of the weak points in our process was the lack of financial resources. Should I send these new updates to our case to USCIS or just wait for an interview, since we're already approaching September?
Hold on to your updates, present them when you go for an interview (if required).

p.s. add your case progress to the Timeline spreadsheet.

It was your responsibility to have added your own address to the envelope that was supposed to be used in mailing back the receipt to you, not the responsibility of the USPS personnel.

You can first track the payment to confirm if it has been processed. Then try to track the envelope that’s supposed to be used in returning the receipt to you to see if it has been activated. Alternatively once you’ve confirmed the payment has been processed, you can email KCC to request they email back a copy of the receipt.
Hello. I sent my dv admistration fee on 30th July and on 31th they recieved it and was cashed on the 2nd august. And after that there is no update in case of envelope that used in returning the receipt. Should I wait few more days or should I email KCC for the reciept?

Hello. I sent my dv admistration fee on 30th July and on 31th they recieved it and was cashed on the 2nd august. And after that there is no update in case of envelope that used in returning the receipt. Should I wait few more days or should I email KCC for the reciept?
Email KCC.

Hello, just want to triple check, interview appointment will come via paper mail only? or SMS and status case (my USCIS) account update?
a bit nervous to get it on time

Thank you