• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Email KCC.
Hello. I emailed KCC, requested to send me a copy of reciept. But, they wrote that the payment has not been received and wait 2-3 weeks. But my money order already has been cashed. What do you recommend me to do right now?

Hey Mom, I'm an F1 visa student and I'm in the process of filling out form I-134 for my financial support. The company in my home country is sponsoring me, but the form is for individuals in the USA. Is there another form I should fill out instead? Also, how can I provide proof that the company is sponsoring me?

Hey Mom, I'm an F1 visa student and I'm in the process of filling out form I-134 for my financial support. The company in my home country is sponsoring me, but the form is for individuals in the USA. Is there another form I should fill out instead? Also, how can I provide proof that the company is sponsoring me?
Sponsor for a I134 needs to be US resident - usually citizen or green card holder.

Sponsor for a I134 needs to be US resident - usually citizen or green card holder.
Got it. I plan to obtain a letter from the sponsoring company along with their bank statement and include them in my application. Do you think that should be sufficient?

Hi, I received my bio appointment for Aug 23rd but want to do a walk-in to expedite the process given the timing. Just a random question. Would you happen to know if I can try a walk-in in NYC (closer to me) even if my original appointment is in Elizabeth, NJ?

Got it. I plan to obtain a letter from the sponsoring company along with their bank statement and include them in my application. Do you think that should be sufficient?
If you have “got it” - the “it” being that the sponsor must be a US resident - why do you think this company is able to sponsor you?

The company in my home country is sponsoring me, but the form is for individuals in the USA.

Hi! (I am not a lawyer, just someone who is also going through the process). I am also F1 and as I remember when you apply to F1 visa - you need to provide a financial support. If you have F1 - you have to have a sponsor just to apply for an F1 visa to provide school payments. I am not a lawyer and I would wait for Mom or ask a lawyer to give a more knowledgable advice. But if I would be you, I would not fill out for I134 at all. If you are on F1 visa and have a sponsor (for F-1) not in the US - I would just say that amount in the income question. Also just FYI - on F1 you can not work on the US soil without work authorization even if that work is remote or for another country. Whatever you have provided as sponsorships documents for your F-1 visa, I would just attach in a financial support section.

Hi! (I am not a lawyer, just someone who is also going through the process). I am also F1 and as I remember when you apply to F1 visa - you need to provide a financial support. If you have F1 - you have to have a sponsor just to apply for an F1 visa to provide school payments. I am not a lawyer and I would wait for Mom or ask a lawyer to give a more knowledgable advice. But if I would be you, I would not fill out for I134 at all. If you are on F1 visa and have a sponsor (for F-1) not in the US - I would just say that amount in the income question. Also just FYI - on F1 you can not work on the US soil without work authorization even if that work is remote or for another country. Whatever you have provided as sponsorships documents for your F-1 visa, I would just attach in a financial support section.
Your sponsor for F1 has to show that your tuition and living expenses will be covered while you are studying (and remember, the presumption of a non immigrant visa is that you leave the US after the purpose of that visa is complete)
the purpose of an i134 is to help overcome the possibility of becoming a public charge after becoming a permanent resident. Very different thing.

Your sponsor for F1 has to show that your tuition and living expenses will be covered while you are studying (and remember, the presumption of a non immigrant visa is that you leave the US after the purpose of that visa is complete)
the purpose of an i134 is to help overcome the possibility of becoming a public charge after becoming a permanent resident. Very different thing.
That makes sense. Then what should I do? What financial docs did you send?

That makes sense. Then what should I do? What financial docs did you send?
Please refer to the AOS spreadsheet linked in the first post, the tab AOS package has information about what to include for public charge considerations.

Since you haven't sent the payment to the KCC, it means you don't have the medical exam AND the receipt from the KCC, which increases the chance of receiving an RFE. While you wait for the receipt (which usually takes 1-2 weeks), you can complete the medical exam. I suggest getting all the required vaccinations before your first visit so that they can just take your blood and perform the exam. It usually takes up to 3 business days to get the blood test results. Therefore, it is feasible to complete the medical exam and get signed I-693 within one week.
Thank you for your insights. I sent in the DV fees and verified that the money order got cashed. I didn't receive the receipt yet. I completed my medical examination and have the sealed envelope. Do you recommend I wait for the receipt (the only document I'm currently missing), or submit my file without?

Regards,

Hallo! I have several questions to you, please, could you help me, I am doing AOS - DV 2024
1. I received rejection notice with all documents, money orders regarding my children ( twins - 10 years old), should I take a closed envelope from doctor again (form I-693), because I received an open envelope from USCIS , or can I send it back?
2. Can I send again the same money orders and don't pay again or no?
3. Form-485 - Part 12- should I fill out this part in son`s forms like Mother or no?
Thanks!!!!
The text in rejection notice is the next:
On July 25, 2024, we rejected your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC...., because you did not sign your form. We mailed your case back to you, including any supporting materials. Please follow the instructions to resubmit your case.

Thank you for your insights. I sent in the DV fees and verified that the money order got cashed. I didn't receive the receipt yet. I completed my medical examination and have the sealed envelope. Do you recommend I wait for the receipt (the only document I'm currently missing), or submit my file without?

Regards,
My general recommendation is to obtain the receipt. I suggest first sending an email to the KCC requesting a scanned copy. They can either send it to you without additional comments or provide the date when they sent the physical receipt, allowing you to estimate when you will receive the physical copy.

You’re almost there—there’s no need to take this risk. If you don’t receive the receipt by the end of next week, you might need to consider more drastic measures.

My general recommendation is to obtain the receipt. I suggest first sending an email to the KCC requesting a scanned copy. They can either send it to you without additional comments or provide the date when they sent the physical receipt, allowing you to estimate when you will receive the physical copy.

You’re almost there—there’s no need to take this risk. If you don’t receive the receipt by the end of next week, you might need to consider more drastic measures.
Thank you for your suggestion. I will email KCC now. Also, won't I be losing a lot of time if I wait until next week? I have a scanned copy of the money order, and it did get cashed (I checked USPS' money order status website). Do you think I can attach those as a proof of payment? and I'm sure I'll have the actual receipt by the time of my interview.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will email KCC now. Also, won't I be losing a lot of time if I wait until next week? I have a scanned copy of the money order, and it did get cashed (I checked USPS' money order status website). Do you think I can attach those as a proof of payment? and I'm sure I'll have the actual receipt by the time of my interview.
It will all depend on your FO and IO. If you are completely confident that you will have an interview and that your FO/IO won’t waive it, as well as that your IO will accept the informal payment confirmation instead of issuing an RFE, then you might consider sending the package.

In my personal opinion, it’s best to obtain the receipt. You may want to do some research on the forum about similar occurrences to make an informed decision.

Hello, in FAQ there's a suggestion to bring your I-134 form,
do you guys know how to get a copy of that form?

in USCIS account I can only download confirmation notices

is it ok to bring just confirmations?

thank you