• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Did my BIO 8/7/2024 case was updated for principal and spouse to 'fingerprints taken' does that mean that the BIO cleared or there is another status for that? Child case still says 'documents received' fingerprints were not taken as she is 12, only photos. Any insight on Tampa FO for waiving interviews or general performance. My CN is current in September.
1. No, it does not mean the background check has cleared. Take a look at the Background Check tab if the AOS process spreadsheet to learn more on this.
2, Take a look at the Timeline spreadsheets (both present and previous years) to get an insight into the FO’s performance.

Hello Mon,

My husband was selected for the 2024 Diversity Visa (DV) program, and his case number is AS18XXX. As his spouse, I will apply for Adjustment of Status (AOS) with him. We are currently waiting for our medical exam results, as the doctor has not yet cleared him for TB (he tested positive on the blood test but seemed negative on the X-ray). In the meantime, we are working on our document package to ensure everything is in order.

Three months ago, I was on an H1B visa, but I left my company for personal reasons. My husband is a postdoc. I submitted the I-539 form to change my status from H1B to F2.

Here are my questions:
  1. Could you help me check whether I filled out the I-485 form correctly?
    • Part 1, Item 26c: H1B
    • Part 1, Item 27: I-539 PENDING
  2. Will my pending I-539 status impact the speed at which we can obtain the green card?

Thank you so much!

Hello Mon,

My husband was selected for the 2024 Diversity Visa (DV) program, and his case number is AS18XXX. As his spouse, I will apply for Adjustment of Status (AOS) with him. We are currently waiting for our medical exam results, as the doctor has not yet cleared him for TB (he tested positive on the blood test but seemed negative on the X-ray). In the meantime, we are working on our document package to ensure everything is in order.

Three months ago, I was on an H1B visa, but I left my company for personal reasons. My husband is a postdoc. I submitted the I-539 form to change my status from H1B to F2.

Here are my questions:
  2. Will my pending I-539 status impact the speed at which we can obtain the green card?

Thank you so much!
3. Should I explain my current situation in Part 14?

….

….
Will my pending I-539 status impact the speed at which we can obtain the green card?

Thank you so much!
It would have been easier if you had stayed on H1B and had a current status to adjust from. Hopefully the i539 is adjudicated before the end of the fiscal year. If your husband is principal, he can get his without having to wait for you, but hopefully it doesn’t come down to that.

See section E here https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-b-chapter-3

A noncitizen may file an adjustment application after expiration of his or her nonimmigrant status while the noncitizen’s timely-filed EOS or COS application is pending.[18] In such cases, the officer should defer adjudication of the adjustment application until USCIS adjudicates the EOS or COS application so long as there are no other grounds for denial

Last edited:
Hello Mon,

Here are my questions:

Thank you so much!
1. Correct.
2. Your COS would need to be approved first before your AOS application can be approved.

Hello,

My case number became current in September, and I applied for AOS. When I filed my AOS application, my OPT STEM extension was pending, but it has been approved last week and I have received the new EAD card. However, I also have a pending I-129 (H-1B) application that probably won't be approved before September 30.

Do both petitions need to be approved before my AOS petition can be approved? Or can a COS petition be pending as long as I have a valid status through STEM OPT?

Thank you so much!

Hello,

My case number became current in September, and I applied for AOS. When I filed my AOS application, my OPT STEM extension was pending, but it has been approved last week and I have received the new EAD card. However, I also have a pending I-129 (H-1B) application that probably won't be approved before September 30.

Do both petitions need to be approved before my AOS petition can be approved? Or can a COS petition be pending as long as I have a valid status through STEM OPT?

Thank you so much!
No, the pending H-1B does not need to be approved in addition to the already approved OPT STEM before the AOS application gets approved.

Did my BIO 8/7/2024 case was updated for principal and spouse to 'fingerprints taken' does that mean that the BIO cleared or there is another status for that? Child case still says 'documents received' fingerprints were not taken as she is 12, only photos. Any insight on Tampa FO for waiving interviews or general performance. My CN is current in September.
Plz let me know if your child’s status changes or why it’s not updating . I am in the same situation . Thanks

Case Status of Child below 14 years of age will show "case Received" even after pic and signature(optional) is taken.
So no finger index will be taken ? I saw some people online who had their children index finger taken . When we went there they didn’t take our daughters index finger

So no finger index will be taken ? I saw some people online who had their children index finger taken . When we went there they didn’t take our daughters index finger
Not sure about other people, but they didn't take any fingerprints for my kids. i had asked the ASC person and he mentioned, "its not upto them to decide. The software tells them what the requirements are once they scan the paper"

Not sure about other people, but they didn't take any fingerprints for my kids. i had asked the ASC person and he mentioned, "its not upto them to decide. The software tells them what the requirements are once they scan the paper"
Ok got it thanks . Now I feel relieved . Was worried as why my kid case not updated since biometrics but our case got updated. Thank you

Hi all,

My NOA is supposed to arrive today. USCIS waived the bio appointment for my case, and I’m waiting to for the interview notice.

I feel that it’s too early to be pushy at this point, but considering the tight timeline, when would be a good time to start contacting them about scheduling the interview?

Thanks!

Hi all,

My NOA is supposed to arrive today. USCIS waived the bio appointment for my case, and I’m waiting to for the interview notice.

I feel that it’s too early to be pushy at this point, but considering the tight timeline, when would be a good time to start contacting them about scheduling the interview?

Thanks!
There’s no single yardstick for determining the “when”. Just give the process some time to work as it is supposed to for now.

The code written on the bio notice determines what the ASC personnel is supposed to do.