• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Mom,
I just received a letter from my local field office, and my green card interview is scheduled for September 13. I’m a bit anxious about the visa numbers possibly running out before my appointment, like last year (I don’t want to be pessimistic). I would really appreciate your thoughts on this. Do you think the visas might be exhausted again?
Also, do you know if there’s any way to expedite my appointment?

Hi Mom,
I just received a letter from my local field office, and my green card interview is scheduled for September 13. I’m a bit anxious about the visa numbers possibly running out before my appointment, like last year (I don’t want to be pessimistic). I would really appreciate your thoughts on this. Do you think the visas might be exhausted again?
With the current rate, I don't think it will run out this year. They issued 8200 fewer Green Cards compared to last year.

Hi everyone, I received the NOA form. I just added my case to the USCIS account. However, I haven't received the BIO notice, is it normal to receive the biometrics notice later than NOA?

Hello,
I filled out an e request form from uscisten and got the following reply. Do you think it's an automatic message? Or is it really close to being finalized? Or does it mean nothing? Has anyone experienced it?

Dear Can Elmaslar:

On 07/30/2024, you or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I485

Filing date:
-- 01/12/2024

Receipt #:
-- MSC-24-903-633xx

Referral ID:
SR12122402072WAS
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- 240943xxx

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Thank you for contacting USCIS concerning the above-referenced application. Below is a summary of what we have found.

Your case is under active review by an immigration officer. You should be receiving a decision or notice of further action at the address of record shortly. If you have not received a decision or notice of further action within 60-days of this response, please feel free to submit a new inquiry by calling the USCIS Contact Center.

Hi Mom,
I think you’ll be okay. Don’t forget to update the Timeline Spreadsheet with your progress.

Hello,
I filled out an e request form from uscisten and got the following reply. Do you think it's an automatic message? Or is it really close to being finalized? Or does it mean nothing? Has anyone experienced it?

Dear Can Elmaslar:

On 07/30/2024, you or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

Case type:
-- I485

Filing date:
-- 01/12/2024

Receipt #:
-- MSC-24-903-633xx

Referral ID:
SR12122402072WAS
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- 240943xxx

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Thank you for contacting USCIS concerning the above-referenced application. Below is a summary of what we have found.

Your case is under active review by an immigration officer. You should be receiving a decision or notice of further action at the address of record shortly. If you have not received a decision or notice of further action within 60-days of this response, please feel free to submit a new inquiry by calling the USCIS Contact Center.
Standard response.

Hi Mom,

I sent my NOID response, and it was delivered yesterday. How long does it typically take USCIS to make a final decision after receiving a NOID response? How long should be a reasonable amount of time to wait before following up in case I don't hear back from them, considering we are getting close to the end of the fiscal year and available visas are shrinking? Thanks in advance @Sm1smom

Hi Mom,

I sent my NOID response, and it was delivered yesterday. How long does it typically take USCIS to make a final decision after receiving a NOID response? How long should be a reasonable amount of time to wait before following up in case I don't hear back from them, considering we are getting close to the end of the fiscal year and available visas are shrinking? Thanks in advance @Sm1smom
There’s no preset time for reviewing the response to a NOID or RFE. While the response time will be based on the IO’s workload, they tend to take into consideration the time sensitive nature of DV based applications and process them as soon as they possibly can.

Hello. If I want to show my bank statement to prove that I will not be a public charge, what is the minimum amount I should have in my bank account?

Hello. If I want to show my bank statement to prove that I will not be a public charge, what is the minimum amount I should have in my bank account?
I personally do not provide specific numbers to folks when they ask this same question because the IO will be looking at what is called totality of circumstances in making the public charge determination. The closest I can say is to ensure your account has a significant amount of traceable money in it.

Hi Mom,

Thank you for providing this forum and kindly answering all the questions! I have used the information and your previous answers to prepare my AOS package.

I encountered a strange situation with the U.S. Visa Bulletin website concerning a change in the cut-off number. I know you have extensive experience with the DV process and the webpage, so I wanted to ask if you noticed the cut-off number change for August DV2024.

I was using my cellphone browser and saw that the August cut-off number was 27,500 on the evening of July 8th or 9th. Based on this, I filed my AOS package. However, I just received a denial letter due to the number not being current and noticed that the cut-off number for August now shows 15,000 on the U.S. Visa Bulletin website. Unfortunately, I don’t have any proof at the moment. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar situation.

Thank you!
YY

Hi Mom,

Thank you for providing this forum and kindly answering all the questions! I have used the information and your previous answers to prepare my AOS package.

I encountered a strange situation with the U.S. Visa Bulletin website concerning a change in the cut-off number. I know you have extensive experience with the DV process and the webpage, so I wanted to ask if you noticed the cut-off number change for August DV2024.

I was using my cellphone browser and saw that the August cut-off number was 27,500 on the evening of July 8th or 9th. Based on this, I filed my AOS package. However, I just received a denial letter due to the number not being current and noticed that the cut-off number for August now shows 15,000 on the U.S. Visa Bulletin website. Unfortunately, I don’t have any proof at the moment. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar situation.

Thank you!
YY
August numbers current for EU region is 27500. For Asia region they are 15000.

You dont specify the region, but based on your post, I assume you are from Asia region, but wrongly filed using numbers for Europe.

August numbers current for EU region is 27500. For Asia region they are 15000.

You dont specify the region, but based on your post, I assume you are from Asia region, but wrongly filed using numbers for Europe.
Hi rondon,

Thank you for the swift response! You are correct; I was referring to the AS number. I might be wrong, but I still remember being surprised by how quickly the number jumped, so I double-checked the number and month. It's pretty strange. Maybe I somehow foresaw the future since the September AS number is 27,500. Lol.

Hello Mom,
I have a few questions regarding my case, I would appreciate your thoughts to help me navigate this process.
I am under F1-OPT, and my EAD expires on 03/09 I can apply for the STEM OPT extension. My CN became current in September, I sent my AOS application on 08/05/2024 and received the acceptance text on 08/09/2024. At this moment I do not know what action I have to take regarding the next step of the process. what could be my option to expedite my case? I am also wondering if it is a good thing to apply for the STEM OPT extension while the AOS is in process, will that interfere or delay my case?

Hello Mom,
I have a few questions regarding my case, I would appreciate your thoughts to help me navigate this process.
I am under F1-OPT, and my EAD expires on 03/09 I can apply for the STEM OPT extension. My CN became current in September, I sent my AOS application on 08/05/2024 and received the acceptance text on 08/09/2024. At this moment I do not know what action I have to take regarding the next step of the process. what could be my option to expedite my case? I am also wondering if it is a good thing to apply for the STEM OPT extension while the AOS is in process, will that interfere or delay my case?
Hello, I am on OPT as well and it expires on September 5th, not STEM though. As I understand, applying for OPT extension will not hurt your AOS application.
I do not think you would qualify for any expedite right now. What I did in my case: is soon after I completed biometrics, I wrote a letter to a local congress person. It takes time for them to reply usually and then it takes up to 30 days after your congress inquiry to receive a response from USCIS. I asked a congress person for a case status update and explained the deadline of DV process and my approaching OPT expiration. I read somewhere to not just ask a congress person for an expedite as they might ask for evidence (google USCIS reasons to expedite evidence examples). Btw, my congress person never got back to me but I did receive an interview notice around a month after submitting the inquiry (so idk if it actually helped or not).

Hi Mom,

Thank you!
YY

Hi rondon,

Thank you for the swift response! You are correct; I was referring to the AS number. I might be wrong, but I still remember being surprised by how quickly the number jumped, so I double-checked the number and month. It's pretty strange. Maybe I somehow foresaw the future since the September AS number is 27,500. Lol.
The visa bulletin released in July for August also had the advance numbers for September. You seem to have looked at the wrong month. That said, based on early filing it should have been ok - did you include the early filing memo (still in use at that time.)? I guess you were one of the unlucky ones denied even though early filing applied, but if you didn’t include the memo that might be why.

Hi Mom,

Thank you!
YY
Hi rondon,

You were probably wrongly denied for early filing. Which FO is this? Can you post the denial letter (redact sections with personal details)?

Hello Mom,
Apply for your STEM OPT when eligible to do so, this ensures you have a backup status in case the AOS application does not go through.

Regarding AOS application, for now you wait for your bio notice.

Hi Mom, my number for 2024 DV lottery was very high but I didn't lost hope. the cutoff number for September is now 50000. I'm an E2 visa holder. I am familiar with your spreadsheet file. The timeline for AOS is worrying me. On your spreadsheet you say that the DV administrative fee payment receipt may take 4-10 week. Do you suggest to early file and sent the package ASAP without the payment receipt or to wait September 1st (when my DV number will became current) and hope I will have the receipt by then? Thanks for your help to the community!