• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi! (I am not a lawyer, just someone who is also going through the process). I am also F1 and as I remember when you apply to F1 visa - you need to provide a financial support. If you have F1 - you have to have a sponsor just to apply for an F1 visa to provide school payments. I am not a lawyer and I would wait for Mom or ask a lawyer to give a more knowledgable advice. But if I would be you, I would not fill out for I134 at all. If you are on F1 visa and have a sponsor (for F-1) not in the US - I would just say that amount in the income question. Also just FYI - on F1 you can not work on the US soil without work authorization even if that work is remote or for another country. Whatever you have provided as sponsorships documents for your F-1 visa, I would just attach in a financial support section.
Listing the money provided by your sponsor for schooling on the I-134, and submitting that document as proof you’re unlikely to become a public charge makes that I-134 a fraudulent document. That fund is not your income.

And if the IOs have always adopted the approach of selectees in F1 status not needing to demonstrate they’re unlikely to become a public charge because they already demonstrated they have the means of meeting their applicable school fees leading to their F1 visa approval, you don’t think the AOS process spreadsheet would have pointed selectees with that category in that direction?

I mean full filled form by my UHP sponsor, back in 2023 he filled online, confirmation I mean NOA that case confirmed (I-134A)

Yes, it's Ukrainian Humanitarian Parole (Uniting For Ukraine)
Your sponsor would still need to fill out the paper I-134 for you to include with your AOS package. The only way to get a copy of the I-134a would be for you to file a FOIA, which takes a while to get.

Hallo! I have several questions to you, please, could you help me, I am doing AOS - DV 2024
1. I received rejection notice with all documents, money orders regarding my children ( twins - 10 years old), should I take a closed envelope from doctor again (form I-693), because I received an open envelope from USCIS , or can I send it back?
2. Can I send again the same money orders and don't pay again or no?
3. Form-485 - Part 12- should I fill out this part in son`s forms like Mother or no?
Thanks!!!!
The text in rejection notice is the next:
On July 25, 2024, we rejected your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC...., because you did not sign your form. We mailed your case back to you, including any supporting materials. Please follow the instructions to resubmit your case.
1. You can send back the opened I-693 when you resubmit your package.
2. Yes, you can.
3. Yes.

Hello. I emailed KCC, requested to send me a copy of reciept. But, they wrote that the payment has not been received and wait 2-3 weeks. But my money order already has been cashed. What do you recommend me to do right now?
Email them again, and include screenshot that shows the payment has been processed.

Hello, my number got called for September 2024. Have submitted our package August 1st. DV fee receipt was received today in the mail. Is there a way to expedite the interview process? What would you suggest I do to try to get an interview scheduled in the next month please? Thanks in advance xx

Thank you S1M - have added info there for your review :)

You’ve not added pertinent info such as your FO and ASC to start with - knowing your FO could give insight into how similar cases from there have been handled in the past. .

I posted the response in this post. https://forums.immigration.com/thre...nt-of-status-process-only.346971/post-2622897

Response seems better than generic your case is still processing we are busy responses. But nothing extra in the email.

Apparently, my senator Duckworth from Illinois didn't file an inquiry when i asked them on April 17. They just replied last week that they sent the inquiry now.
The response while admittedly lengthy, is still more or less what the generic responses have been though, including what you’ve already been told in this forum. Your case is undergoing AP, that is all the response is.

The response while admittedly lengthy, is still more or less what the generic responses have been though, including what you’ve already been told in this forum. Your case is undergoing AP, that is all the response is.
Would filing mandamus help to clear AP?

It could force a premature case adjudication - which may not necessarily be an approval if forced to make a decision before whatever the issue causing the case approval has been resolved.
Then let's wait for a while. If there is no answer in a couple more weeks, then we will try to file mandamus pro see.

Did my BIO 8/7/2024 case was updated for principal and spouse to 'fingerprints taken' does that mean that the BIO cleared or there is another status for that? Child case still says 'documents received' fingerprints were not taken as she is 12, only photos. Any insight on Tampa FO for waiving interviews or general performance. My CN is current in September.

Hi, Me and my wife and 8 year old daughter had biometrics appointment yesterday. They only took my daughters picture and also her signature. They didnt take her index finger print. Today both my and my spouse status changed to Fingerprints were taken but my daughters still shows case was received. Is it normal or maybe person working at biometrics made a mistake by not taking her index print? Thanks

Did my BIO 8/7/2024 case was updated for principal and spouse to 'fingerprints taken' does that mean that the BIO cleared or there is another status for that? Child case still says 'documents received' fingerprints were not taken as she is 12, only photos. Any insight on Tampa FO for waiving interviews or general performance. My CN is current in September.
Same here. They only took picture of my daughter and asked her if she wants to sign so my daughter signed. They didnt take index finger print...

Hi, Me and my wife and 8 year old daughter had biometrics appointment yesterday. They only took my daughters picture and also her signature. They didnt take her index finger print. Today both my and my spouse status changed to Fingerprints were taken but my daughters still shows case was received. Is it normal or maybe person working at biometrics made a mistake by not taking her index print? Thanks
They don’t take biometrics under 14 except in special circumstances (which I believe would not usually be applicable to DV cases)

Hi
I have a question about Dv2024 ceac chart. What does the term “Ready” means?? I realized about 38000 green card has been issued, but I couldn’t figure out what does Ready mean?