• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hello, just want to triple check, interview appointment will come via paper mail only? or SMS and status case (my USCIS) account update?
a bit nervous to get it on time

Thank you
Usually paper mail, but sometimes they will phone you if it’s a last minute slot (this is the one time you should answer unknown numbers calling). Never heard of sms.

Hello, just want to triple check, interview appointment will come via paper mail only? or SMS and status case (my USCIS) account update?
a bit nervous to get it on time

Thank you
If your mail hasn't arrived and your status shows that the interview is scheduled, you can request your interview letter through EMMA, and they should be able to email it to you.

Hi everyone,
Which congressmen are y'all calling? At the state or federal level? And reps, or senator?
Thanks

Thank you
Does contacting a congressman help speed up the process of getting an invitation to an interview?

Hi everyone,
Which congressmen are y'all calling? At the state or federal level? And reps, or senator?
Thanks
what is the rule of thumb, when one should consider to contact congressman?

my case # month cut-off is Sept, should I wait till XX August?

Thank you

I contacted 4 months after submitting my file. I can't say it worked very well, there was no progress, but some people had an interview appointment or approval immediately after the inquiry

Hi i sent my AOS (I-485) july 26th it was received but the cashiers check hasnt been cashed yet. I emailed kcc and they replied saying that in my ds-260 I told them I wanted to adjust my status. I am getting confirmation of them receiving the package or they mail something to my address? I saw it is text or email but I haven't got any and people that paid the same day or later already got the confirmation according to the timesheet

what is the rule of thumb, when one should consider to contact congressman?

my case # month cut-off is Sept, should I wait till XX August?

Thank you
While I can’t give you a specific date for when to initiate a congressional inquiry, I think you really do need to exercise some patience and still wait for now. Your case is not outside the normal processing time, for now, that could warrant initiating a congressional inquiry.

Hi i sent my AOS (I-485) july 26th it was received but the cashiers check hasnt been cashed yet. I emailed kcc and they replied saying that in my ds-260 I told them I wanted to adjust my status. I am getting confirmation of them receiving the package or they mail something to my address? I saw it is text or email but I haven't got any and people that paid the same day or later already got the confirmation according to the timesheet
KCC cannot provide any update about your AOS case. When USCIS officially accepts your mailed package, you will be notified via text or email. You will also receive a mailed NOA following the initial acceptance notification. For now, there’s nothing you can do but to wait and hope the package has not been rejected for some reason, because if that were to happen, the package will be mailed back to you.

Received BIO appointment for 08/13. Would like to try walk in tomorrow at Tampa? Any input on what would constitute as a valid reason to request walk in ?

Hi, I realized that I forgot to include a G-1145 Form notification of acceptance (for future AOSers don't do it). I looked up my money order number, and it indicated that the payment had been cashed. Is there a way to contact USCIS and ask them if they have my case on file and when I should wait for the biometrics appointment?

Hi, I realized that I forgot to include a G-1145 Form notification of acceptance (for future AOSers don't do it). I looked up my money order number, and it indicated that the payment had been cashed. Is there a way to contact USCIS and ask them if they have my case on file and when I should wait for the biometrics appointment?
Just wait for the NOA to show up in the mail if you’ve already confirmed your payment has been processed.

Received BIO appointment for 08/13. Would like to try walk in tomorrow at Tampa? Any input on what would constitute as a valid reason to request walk in ?
Hi! I told them I have a flight for a work trip and will not be in the state at the bio date. I had a screenshot of a ticket dated the same month as a bio appointment but not actually in the dates range of a bio appointment. The guard asked me to show the ticket but did not really look too much at the dates and let me in.

Go early in the morning and politely ask if they accept walk-ins. If they ask for a reason, explain that your case has a strict approaching deadline. If they say no, come back on the date listed in your bio notice. Good luck!

Hello, my number got called for September 2024. Have submitted our package August 1st. DV fee receipt was received today in the mail. Is there a way to expedite the interview process? What would you suggest I do to try to get an interview scheduled in the next month please? Thanks in advance xx

Hello, my number got called for September 2024. Have submitted our package August 1st. DV fee receipt was received today in the mail. Is there a way to expedite the interview process? What would you suggest I do to try to get an interview scheduled in the next month please? Thanks in advance xx
Add your case progress to the Timeline spreadsheet in order for us to have a better insight into it.

Success at ASC Tampa for walk in bio today. Went an hour before closing, said I had a conflict due to a medical procedure. They didn’t ask to see anything , let us all in and completed Bio.

After our requests, I just received the email below from the Uscis chief today. It says that we should anticipate a decision soon. Lets hope for that!

Dear plus19 and aylub,

Thank you for your letter to President Joseph R. Biden regarding the status of your Form(s) I-485 Application(s) to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status pursuant to INA section 203(c) under the Diversity Visa Program Lottery (adjustment applications).

The White House referred your letter to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Contact Center. Your letter has been assigned case #xxxxxx (SI xxxxxx). As part of our commitment to helping the public, we strive to resolve any problems you may experience when applying for immigration services. We understand your concerns and will give you accurate information and guidance.

We reviewed your letter, and the Chicago Field Office is still processing your adjustment applications. As you know and have indicated in your letter, Requests for Evidence (RFEs) were issued to you both for various reasons to establish your eligibility for adjustment of status and you stated that you responded to the RFEs issued. At the present time, your applications are in the "decisional" phase of review with an immigration services officer at the Chicago Field Office so you should anticipate a decision soon.

USCIS provides the option to request expedited adjudication for applications, petitions, requests, appeals, or motions that fall under our jurisdiction. You may obtain information about expedite requests through the designated USCIS| Expedites webpage. Please note that all such requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and supporting documentation is generally required to substantiate the need for expedited processing. The decision to grant or deny an expedite request is at the sole discretion of USCIS.

We understand that you may be frustrated by the progress of your cases. However, we must balance individual inconvenience against broader issues of public safety and national security. Please remember that case status may be monitored online at Case Status Online - Case Status Search (uscis.gov).

Please allow at least 30 days from the date of this email before following up on the status of the case with this office.

Sincerely,

Kimberley Coleman-Bearden, Chief
USCIS Contact Center

After our requests, I just received the email below from the Uscis chief today. It says that we should anticipate a decision soon. Lets hope for that!
Hi, I’m just curious—who did you address your inquiry to? Is it in response to your congressional/senator inquiry?