• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi Mom,

1. How is the NOID response deadline calculated? Is it from the date they sent the document, which was July 22nd (the date printed on the NOID letter), or from the date I received it in my mailbox, which was July 25th? I guess it's the former, but I need confirmation.
2. If the deadline is on a specific date (X date), should the response be delivered before that date, or does it also include that X date?
3. Might I receive any RFE after I send them a response to the NOID?

Thanks in advance, @Sm1smom!

Hi Mom,

1. How is the NOID response deadline calculated? Is it from the date they sent the document, which was July 22nd (the date printed on the NOID letter), or from the date I received it in my mailbox, which was July 25th? I guess it's the former, but I need confirmation.
2. If the deadline is on a specific date (X date), should the response be delivered before that date, or does it also include that X date?
3. Might I receive any RFE after I send them a response to the NOID?

Thanks in advance, @Sm1smom!
1. The precise wording on the NOID should provide better clarity on how the deadline is calculated. Since I have no insight into the wording of the NOID that you received, I cannot tell you what your deadline should be.
2. Making sure the response is received BEFORE the actual date is my recommendation. Unplanned or unanticipated things happen. Personally, I would want my response to be received well in advance of the given deadline.
3. I personally wouldn't be counting or hoping to receive a RFE after responding to a NOID - this is a one chance opportunity IMO, considering an actual denial notice could have been sent in place of the NOID, most folks do not receive the NOID to start with.

1. The precise wording on the NOID should provide better clarity on how the deadline is calculated. Since I have no insight into the wording of the NOID that you received, I cannot tell you what your deadline should be.
2. Making sure the response is received BEFORE the actual date is my recommendation. Unplanned or unanticipated things happen. Personally, I would want my response to be received well in advance of the given deadline.
3. I personally wouldn't be counting or hoping to receive a RFE after responding to a NOID - this is a one chance opportunity IMO, considering an actual denial notice could have been sent in place of the NOID, most folks do not receive the NOID to start with.
Thanks, Mom! I will keep you posted!

Time to ask questions from my side! :)

After my interview, I asked my IO if she had received my case from the KCC. She responded that there was no need for that because I have paid the fee and received a winning letter. This response seems odd to me and suggests that she might not be fully familiar with the process. Regardless, she provided me with information about the B/C pending, which is helpful.

In previous years, some members requested the KCC to confirm whether their FO had requested their case from the KCC. So, I decided to request this information from the KCC and received a creepy message:

"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue processing your case.

To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request."

It seems that they misunderstood my request...
1) Should I not reply to their message, or should I confirm that their understanding is correct and no further action from KCC is required?
2) Is any way to request this information from the KCC more effectively?

Thanks in advance.

Time to ask questions from my side! :)

After my interview, I asked my IO if she had received my case from the KCC. She responded that there was no need for that because I have paid the fee and received a winning letter. This response seems odd to me and suggests that she might not be fully familiar with the process. Regardless, she provided me with information about the B/C pending, which is helpful.

In previous years, some members requested the KCC to confirm whether their FO had requested their case from the KCC. So, I decided to request this information from the KCC and received a creepy message:

"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue processing your case.

To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request."

It seems that they misunderstood my request...
1) Should I not reply to their message, or should I confirm that their understanding is correct and no further action from KCC is required?
2) Is any way to request this information from the KCC more effectively?

Thanks in advance.
It isn't unusual for the KCC to send a mishmash response to emailed questions. Sometimes, they send an accurate response. If you plan on trying again, my recommendation has been to ignore the response and ask anew, like the question was never asked before.

Hi there! Looking for some last minute advice.

I currently reside in the US on an E3-D visa alongside my wife on an E3. I was a winner of the DV2024 lottery. Earlier this year we started the process of filing for an Adjustment of Status. We compiled and submitted all necessary documents (including paying the appropriate fees), received a receipt letter for their submission (March 26th), and completed our biometrics appointments. To my knowledge, the final stage was to attend an interview that would finalize our green card applications.

On July 30th, I received a letter from the USCIS stating that they have lost our immigration files in transit between the National Benefits Center and the Los Angeles Field Office on April 11th. The letter states that all our personally identifiable information was within that file, and nowhere does it mention what the current status of our case is following the incident.

I contacted the USCIS office and was told I would receive a call back within 30 days. Since all DV2024 cases need to be finalized by the 30th of September, this is leaving things far too close to the deadline, especially given that the allotment of green cards may be reached earlier than that.

I've reached out to my local congressman and am about to file with the ombudsman. I spoke to one lawyer who said that it is too late for him to become involved since I self managed my case from the start. Does anyone have any further suggestions? Anything else I could try? Am I just going to get screwed over and lose my lottery win (plus over $3000 in application fees) AND my ability to renew my current visa because of their mistake?

I currently reside in the US on an E3-D visa alongside my wife on an E3. I was a winner of the DV2024 lottery. Earlier this year we started the process of filing for an Adjustment of Status. We compiled and submitted all necessary documents (including paying the appropriate fees), received a receipt letter for their submission (March 26th), and completed our biometrics appointments. To my knowledge, the final stage was to attend an interview that would finalize our green card applications.

On July 30th, I received a letter from the USCIS stating that they have lost our immigration files in transit between the National Benefits Center and the Los Angeles Field Office on April 11th. The letter states that all our personally identifiable information was within that file, and nowhere does it mention what the current status of our case is following the incident.

I contacted the USCIS office and was told I would receive a call back within 30 days. Since all DV2024 cases need to be finalized by the 30th of September, this is leaving things far too close to the deadline, especially given that the allotment of green cards may be reached earlier than that.

I've reached out to my local congressman and am about to file with the ombudsman. I spoke to one lawyer who said that it is too late for him to become involved since I self managed my case from the start. Does anyone have any further suggestions? Anything else I could try? Am I just going to get screwed over and lose my lottery win (plus over $3000 in application fees) AND my ability to renew my current visa because of their mistake?
Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

Hopefully someone here has info to help you with next steps.

If you need a lawyer, I have a contact of an Australian lawyer out of NY that specializes in E3 and has processed DV cases before. We didn’t use them for our AOS case but have used them before and would recommend them if needed.

I would see if you can expedite uscis looking into this, on the grounds of clear uscis error. I’m not sure it will work but must be worth a try?

Sorry to hear that. See what Mom says about this situation. If I were you and still have valid status, I would refile a new application immediately. Once your case is in the FO, I would work with my congressman to expedite it. If you refile immediately, there's a high chance your case will be in the FO before the end of August.

What else does the letter say? Does it say to send in a new package, or it simply says your application is lost, your PII has been exposed, and that’s it?

Considering the Lockbox scans packages as received, I do not believe your entire application is lost, and I see no reason to file a new package (unless the letter you received says otherwise). You wouldn’t have been scheduled for your bio if your application was not already in the system, nor would they have known how to contact you after the loss. I believe the physical copies (which you sent it) which they were supposed to forward to the FO that got lost.

It’s a good thing you’ve initiated a congressional inquiry at this point. In addition, I would recommend you pay your FO an unscheduled visit. Explain your situation at the gate. Plead, cajole, beg (even cry if you have to) the security guards for them to allow you in and make a personal inquiry about your case/get guidance on what your next step should be in view of the letter they mailed out to you, and the fact the the FY ending is approaching.

Do keep us posted.

Hello and good luck to each of us!
I have a question. I won the 2024 lottery, but the ballot number will be available from September 1st! I have filed Form 260.
I myself currently live in the USA. But when I participated in the lottery, I lived in another country.
I would like to ask what steps I should take. What should you do to try to build a green career?
I understand that I need to pay a fee of $330.

Hello and good luck to each of us!
I have a question. I won the 2024 lottery, but the ballot number will be available from September 1st! I have filed Form 260.
I myself currently live in the USA. But when I participated in the lottery, I lived in another country.
I would like to ask what steps I should take. What should you do to try to build a green career?
I understand that I need to pay a fee of $330.
Please refer to the AOS Process Spreadsheet, which contains all the information required to file your case.

Hello All, Can anybody help me with finding the document (Early Filing) given in the cover letter for AOS.

"The USCIS Policy Memorandum of August 9th, 2013 (hereby attached) supports my Early Filing." and ANY other printable document which supports Early Filing to include in my filing. Thank you so much in advance !

Hello All, Can anybody help me with finding the document (Early Filing) given in the cover letter for AOS.

"The USCIS Policy Memorandum of August 9th, 2013 (hereby attached) supports my Early Filing." and ANY other printable document which supports Early Filing to include in my filing. Thank you so much in advance !
That Memo has been superseded. It is therefore no longer relevant, not does it support early filing. Take a look at the Visa Availability section of the USCIS Manual for applicable information which supports early filing.

@2024 Houston - please stop sharing that memo since it is now superseded.

What else does the letter say? Does it say to send in a new package, or it simply says your application is lost, your PII has been exposed, and that’s it?

Considering the Lockbox scans packages as received, I do not believe your entire application is lost, and I see no reason to file a new package (unless the letter you received says otherwise). You wouldn’t have been scheduled for your bio if your application was not already in the system, nor would they have known how to contact you after the loss. I believe the physical copies (which you sent it) which they were supposed to forward to the FO that got lost.

It’s a good thing you’ve initiated a congressional inquiry at this point. In addition, I would recommend you pay your FO an unscheduled visit. Explain your situation at the gate. Plead, cajole, beg (even cry if you have to) the security guards for them to allow you in and make a personal inquiry about your case/get guidance on what your next step should be in view of the letter they mailed out to you, and the fact the the FY ending is approaching.

Do keep us posted.
Hey! That's the craziest part, it says nothing about what steps I should take next. It just says it was lost in transit and offers me a free trial to an identity theft platform. I received the receipt to say it was received at the national benefits center and did my biometrics, so presumably the file was being sent to the Los Angeles office to set up my interview. I'll see if I can pay them a visit (letter in hand) and see if anyone there can offer some advice on the next steps to take. My congressman has confirmed that they've reached out and I'm currently awaiting a call back from a tier 2 USCIS officer (but both of these could take up to 30 days).

Looking to confirm my understanding… filed early July 22 received data. EU47k is current in September, does that mean they can’t schedule interview before Sept ? Can everything else be done before? Or can they start issuing in Aug ?

Looking to confirm my understanding… filed early July 22 received data. EU47k is current in September, does that mean they can’t schedule interview before Sept ? Can everything else be done before? Or can they start issuing in Aug ?
They can schedule your interview before September. What they cant do is adjudicate your case before September 1st.

I finally received my green card today with the correct DV6 category. For anyone constantly tracking their green card delivery, USPS can be spotty with their scans - my package entered a distribution center in Missouri and had no updates for almost 2 days before it appeared at my city distribution center this morning.

From the first time the lottery results were announced in May 2023 until now, AOS was by far the most stressful, yet the most worthy wait of my life. But I am also truly grateful I got this opportunity through DV and not through other means like marriage or employment with forever wait times for some. I wish the best of luck to all of you in completing the process.

Once again, I am indebted to this forum for its guidance and support. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at any point if you have specific questions regarding my experience!

Hey! That's the craziest part, it says nothing about what steps I should take next. It just says it was lost in transit and offers me a free trial to an identity theft platform. I received the receipt to say it was received at the national benefits center and did my biometrics, so presumably the file was being sent to the Los Angeles office to set up my interview. I'll see if I can pay them a visit (letter in hand) and see if anyone there can offer some advice on the next steps to take. My congressman has confirmed that they've reached out and I'm currently awaiting a call back from a tier 2 USCIS officer (but both of these could take up to 30 days).
Okay, so with this additional information, we have a better understanding of what you received, which seems like a standard letter organizations are statutorily required to send out when employees/clients/customers information has been exposed or breeched. It is not about the status of your application which is a different ball game. Such communication is not supposed to tell you what steps (if any) you need to take about your case.