• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Hi @Sm1smom , I checked with the bank again today, and the check is still on Pending status(not been cashed).
My questions are as follow:
1) From your experiences, is it normal to have similar issues? if not, what might be the possible reasons to have such a problem( I'm just curious as I did triple check before sending the package) ?
2) What do you recommend to do at this point ?

PS: have already tried to contact lockbox last week, they sent the email below.
"
Good day,

Your submission was received and is currently processing at the Lockbox. Once your submission has been completely processed, you will receive a notice in the mail."

Thank you in advance !
1. While it is not unusual for the lockboxes to sometimes get backed up, and take a bit longer to process the received packages, I don’t readily recall a DV case that waited over a month to get processed if the package is not being rejected and sent back to the applicant.
2. I’m sorry I honestly have no recommendation on what you should do because there’s less than 4 weeks left in the FY. You will need to use your own judgment in making what you deem to be the best judgment call you can possibly live with at the end of the day.

I'm sorry but by taken do u mean the biometrics were taken if you don't mind me asking? Mine still says biometrics were taken and yeah no update so far. I asked the agent through Emma and he said the case is still processing at NBC so just holding onto a bit of hope my case can be adjudicated before the visa number runs out.
Yes the bio is taken but no update ib the system. But we have an interview scheduled. So I don’t think the online system is always up to date. I chatted via Emma and they confirmed case was with FO and the next day got the interview letter.

Hi Mom,
I’m new here, this is my first question, but I’ve heard that you help people a lot and have a wealth of knowledge.
Could you please advise if we can get Form I-693 from a clinic (health department) that is not listed on the USCIS website? The nurse assures us that it’s possible and that they know the entire process. I asked why they are not listed on the USCIS website, and she responded that she doesn’t know, maybe the website hasn’t been updated, or there’s another reason, but they can issue this form.
Can we complete this form with them, and will we face any problems in the future?
Thank you.

Hello everyone,

My case is residing in Santa Ana, CA field office and I'm still waiting for my interview scheduled. My case just became current in September, but given tight timeline, I'm concerned that my case will not make it to the approval before September-30 deadline or visas run out.

My more detailed timeline is (UserName DR in spreadsheet):

Jul-29: compiled as much complete package as possible: enclosed NL1, NL2, KCC payment receipt, all translated documents, employment letters, recent tax return, paychecks etc. - and sent it to lockbox
Jul-31: package delivered to lockbox in Chicago and accepted
Aug-8: received text notification from USCIS and added our cases (myself, spouse and child) to our USCIS account
Aug-9: confirmed with the bank that all three cashiers checks were cashed
Aug-12: contacted EMMA for bio notice and confirmed with the agent that it scheduled to Aug-26
Aug-13: re-scheduled bio appointments through USCIS website for next day and downloaded new bio notices from the website
Aug-14: completed bio appointment in Tustin, CA ASC
Aug-22: my and my spouse's status changed to "case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"
Between Aug-20 and Aug-30: contacted EMMA two times to inquiry case location and interview schedule status, both times received answer that case location is NBC, and no information about the interview - wasn't really worried about that as it quite common answer even if the case already in field office
Sep-3: submitted congressional inquiry to help understand the status and expedite the decision as my case went current
Sep-4: haven't heard anything from my FO regarding the interview, so contacted EMMA to request Tier 2 representative call. The response was: "Unfortunately, being placed in line for a tier 2 callback would require up to 30 days based on requesting callback". Then I asked about my case location and interview status with almost no hope, and received response: "Your case is located in the Santa Ana Field Office. It appears to be transferred on 08/30/2024".
Today Sep-6: no response from congresswoman office, no interview letters, no e-mails/calls from USCIS, no status change

Is there anything I could do at this point to help pushing forward my case? I feel that I did everything I could to fast track it and now it's time to patiently wait, but it's not easy given approaching deadline. Is it normal that DV case sitting at NBC for so long before gets transferred to the local field office?

Hi Mom,
I’m new here, this is my first question, but I’ve heard that you help people a lot and have a wealth of knowledge.
Could you please advise if we can get Form I-693 from a clinic (health department) that is not listed on the USCIS website? The nurse assures us that it’s possible and that they know the entire process. I asked why they are not listed on the USCIS website, and she responded that she doesn’t know, maybe the website hasn’t been updated, or there’s another reason, but they can issue this form.
Can we complete this form with them, and will we face any problems in the future?
Thank you.
USCIS will not accept an I-693 signed off by a medical practitioner that is not listed as a CS (Civil Surgeon) on their website. You can get the required vaccines/shots taken from any pharmacy or clinic, including the public health department. That clinic however cannot complete the rest of the medical exam or sign off on the I-693 to indicate you’ve completed the medical exam. You’ll need to take the proof of vaccine they issue you to a listed CS who is authorized to complete the medical exam.

Hello everyone,

My case is residing in Santa Ana, CA field office and I'm still waiting for my interview scheduled. My case just became current in September, but given tight timeline, I'm concerned that my case will not make it to the approval before September-30 deadline or visas run out.

Jul-29: compiled as much complete package as possible: enclosed NL1, NL2, KCC payment receipt, all translated documents, employment letters, recent tax return, paychecks etc. - and sent it to lockbox
Aug-8: received text notification from USCIS and added our cases (myself, spouse and child) to our USCIS account
Aug-12: contacted EMMA for bio notice and confirmed with the agent that it scheduled to Aug-26
Aug-13: re-scheduled bio appointments through USCIS website for next day and downloaded new bio notices from the website
Aug-22: my and my spouse's status changed to "case was updated to show fingerprints were taken"
Between Aug-20 and Aug-30: contacted EMMA two times to inquiry case location and interview schedule status, both times received answer that case location is NBC, and no information about the interview - wasn't really worried about that as it quite common answer even if the case already in field office
Sep-3: submitted congressional inquiry to help understand the status and expedite the decision as my case went current
Sep-4: haven't heard anything from my FO regarding the interview, so contacted EMMA to request Tier 2 representative call. The response was: "Unfortunately, being placed in line for a tier 2 callback would require up to 30 days based on requesting callback". Then I asked about my case location and interview status with almost no hope, and received response: "Your case is located in the Santa Ana Field Office. It appears to be transferred on 08/30/2024".
Today Sep-6: no response from congresswoman office, no interview letters, no e-mails/calls from USCIS, no status change

Is there anything I could do at this point to help pushing forward my case? I feel that I did everything I could to fast track it and now it's time to patiently wait, but it's not easy given approaching deadline. Is it normal that DV case sitting at NBC for so long before gets transferred to the local field office?
My case has been sitting at NBC too for a while now at this point all you can do is sit back and hope for the best nothing we could do on our part. I'm just not worrying about it much anymore whether it be being approved or denied cause it's all out of our control but I do hope the best for you! And my field office is Santa Ana too

Hello everyone,

You already know your case file is with your FO and not at the NBC. Your FO is aware of the time limit associated with DV based applications, so they will do their best to process your case as soon as their schedule allows, if your background check has cleared. There’s not much you can do about it outside of keeping your fingers crossed and waiting patiently. Of course you can also visit your FO in person, without a scheduled appointment, and hope the guards will admit you into the building to enable you follow up with your case in person.

My case has been sitting at NBC too for a while now at this point all you can do is sit back and hope for the best nothing we could do on our part. I'm just not worrying about it much anymore whether it be being approved or denied cause it's all out of our control but I do hope the best for you! And my field office is Santa Ana too
Your case is not at the NBC. It is already at your FO. It has been explained several times in the past on this thread that the information about the cases being at the NBC (especially after the bio appointment has been completed) is not correct. This is covered in the FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet, and the Lockbox-NBC-FO section also.

oh I see sorry about the confusion I may have caused mom.
Your case is not at the NBC. It is already at your FO. It has been explained several times in the past on this thread that the information about the cases being at the NBC (especially after the bio appointment has been completed) is not correct. This is covered in the FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet, and the Lockbox-NBC-FO section also.
Oh ok I see sorry about the confusion I may have caused mom.

I got the email from USCIS about feedback on filling I-485 form (Adjustment of Status Online Experience)
it's a program to improve the online services they providing

they said it will not help in any way with my application. I replied that I'm in. I have appointment for online call for Sept 10
I can ask your question if you want

will update you how it went

USCIS will not accept an I-693 signed off by a medical practitioner that is not listed as a CS (Civil Surgeon) on their website. You can get the required vaccines/shots taken from any pharmacy or clinic, including the public health department. That clinic however cannot complete the rest of the medical exam or sign off on the I-693 to indicate you’ve completed the medical exam. You’ll need to take the proof of vaccine they issue you to a listed CS who is authorized to complete the medical exam.
Thank you very much for your response.
And I have one more question: can we get Form I-693 in one state and then use it after we move to another state?

Thank you very much for your response.
And I have one more question: can we get Form I-693 in one state and then use it after we move to another state?
I believe in keeping things simple. My recommendation is to complete the medical exam in the State in which you’ll be filling from.

Are you a DV2025 selectee?

My case is also at the Santa Ana Field Office. I received a NOID letter at the end of July, right after my interview. I responded to the NOID on August 9th. On August 27th, the status changed from 'biometrics were taken' to 'Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It.' This could either be an acknowledgment that they received my NOID response, or it could be related to a letter I sent requesting a final decision on my case as the deadline is approaching." So since then no updates yet.

Any update on this notice? Did you receive it yet, or are you still waiting?
Hi Mom, sorry for the delay in responding. Last few days has been a bit hectic for me.

I finally received good news! My case has been approved! Many thanks for your continuous support throughout the process. I'm truly grateful to you and to everyone else who made it possible! Those who are still waiting to hear on their cases, don't give up guys. I know it is draining as we get closer to the end of the fiscal year but don't forget, everything can change within a couple of hours. So keep fighting until the very last minute!

Once I receive everything, I will update the spreadsheet and I will share a detailed post so others can benefit from my experiences as it is time for me to give back to this great community!

Also regarding my new application, I assume it doesn't matter anymore but it is still showing as "fingerprints were taken" and I'm still receiving e-mails from USCIS (as I've been trying to reach out to them to follow up on it before my old case has been approved). I guess I can ignore everything about it now but if you have suggestion, please let me know. Thanks again!

Sincerely,
L

Good afternoon Sm1smom
Yesterday I asked Emma if my fbi name check if cleared in which was told yes it is but today I talked with Emma and they said they can’t tell me if it’s completed or not . First time I even asked Emma which day it was completed but they didn’t tell me date. So do you think Emma knows it’s competed or not ? I am just getting worried since my interview is done and at the time of interview was told fbi name check is not compete yet ..

I got the email from USCIS about feedback on filling I-485 form (Adjustment of Status Online Experience)
it's a program to improve the online services they providing

they said it will not help in any way with my application. I replied that I'm in. I have appointment for online call for Sept 10
I can ask your question if you want

will update you how it went
U got your appointment on sep 10 in San Diego ?

Hi Mom,

I wrote an email to the officer to follow up on my case but no luck. I also have his phone number with which he called me 2 times. Do you think it is wise to call his number directly in the working hours? Or I should just avoid calling and submit the congressional inquiry?

I believe in keeping things simple. My recommendation is to complete the medical exam in the State in which you’ll be filling from.

Are you a DV2025 selectee?
I understand, thank you.
Yes, we are 2025. Our number is 26k.
Regarding I-693, it’s clear. Will we have any problems if we received vaccinations in one state and then bring them to another state where we will be applying for I-693?

Hi Mom, sorry for the delay in responding. Last few days has been a bit hectic for me.

I finally received good news! My case has been approved! Many thanks for your continuous support throughout the process. I'm truly grateful to you and to everyone else who made it possible! Those who are still waiting to hear on their cases, don't give up guys. I know it is draining as we get closer to the end of the fiscal year but don't forget, everything can change within a couple of hours. So keep fighting until the very last minute!

Once I receive everything, I will update the spreadsheet and I will share a detailed post so others can benefit from my experiences as it is time for me to give back to this great community!

Also regarding my new application, I assume it doesn't matter anymore but it is still showing as "fingerprints were taken" and I'm still receiving e-mails from USCIS (as I've been trying to reach out to them to follow up on it before my old case has been approved). I guess I can ignore everything about it now but if you have suggestion, please let me know. Thanks again!

Sincerely,
L
So glad to see you make it through! Good luck ahead!