• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

So glad to see you make it through! Good luck ahead!
Hi Mom, sorry for the delay in responding. Last few days has been a bit hectic for me.

I finally received good news! My case has been approved! Many thanks for your continuous support throughout the process. I'm truly grateful to you and to everyone else who made it possible! Those who are still waiting to hear on their cases, don't give up guys. I know it is draining as we get closer to the end of the fiscal year but don't forget, everything can change within a couple of hours. So keep fighting until the very last minute!

Once I receive everything, I will update the spreadsheet and I will share a detailed post so others can benefit from my experiences as it is time for me to give back to this great community!

Also regarding my new application, I assume it doesn't matter anymore but it is still showing as "fingerprints were taken" and I'm still receiving e-mails from USCIS (as I've been trying to reach out to them to follow up on it before my old case has been approved). I guess I can ignore everything about it now but if you have suggestion, please let me know. Thanks again!

Sincerely,
L
Was it the first application, or the second one that was approved?

Hi Mom, sorry for the delay in responding. Last few days has been a bit hectic for me.

I finally received good news! My case has been approved! Many thanks for your continuous support throughout the process. I'm truly grateful to you and to everyone else who made it possible! Those who are still waiting to hear on their cases, don't give up guys. I know it is draining as we get closer to the end of the fiscal year but don't forget, everything can change within a couple of hours. So keep fighting until the very last minute!

Once I receive everything, I will update the spreadsheet and I will share a detailed post so others can benefit from my experiences as it is time for me to give back to this great community!

Also regarding my new application, I assume it doesn't matter anymore but it is still showing as "fingerprints were taken" and I'm still receiving e-mails from USCIS (as I've been trying to reach out to them to follow up on it before my old case has been approved). I guess I can ignore everything about it now but if you have suggestion, please let me know. Thanks again!

Sincerely,
L
Congratulations. Glad to know you not only made it through, but your previously denied case ended up being approved. Looking forward to reading more about this.

After receiving your GC, you can contact USCIS to withdraw the 2nd case. The case will eventually get denied even if you don’t close it though. Personally, I think withdrawing it is a better closure.

Good afternoon Sm1smom
Yesterday I asked Emma if my fbi name check if cleared in which was told yes it is but today I talked with Emma and they said they can’t tell me if it’s completed or not . First time I even asked Emma which day it was completed but they didn’t tell me date. So do you think Emma knows it’s competed or not ? I am just getting worried since my interview is done and at the time of interview was told fbi name check is not compete yet ..

Emma/Frontline agents have no way of knowing, they have no access to applicants detailed case files.

Hi Mom,

I wrote an email to the officer to follow up on my case but no luck. I also have his phone number with which he called me 2 times. Do you think it is wise to call his number directly in the working hours? Or I should just avoid calling and submit the congressional inquiry?
It’s less than a week since you completed your interview, so being patient is what I think you should be/do for now. There’s nothing a congressional inquiry can do about a case with a pending background check clearance.

I understand, thank you.
Yes, we are 2025. Our number is 26k.
Regarding I-693, it’s clear. Will we have any problems if we received vaccinations in one state and then bring them to another state where we will be applying for I-693?
No problem with having vaccination records from another State.

You should be posting on the 2025 AOS thread since you’re a 2025 selectee.

Hi, we are in a tricky situation. We've received the interview appointment in San Jose FO - date is September 23rd. I feel this is too risky - deadline is too close, just 1 week from this date. Tried to call USCIS support and reschedule but they told there is no way I can get an earlier appointment.

For now are planning to observe the data from DV2024 CEAC Data weekly and in case total Issued visas reaches 52500 or more we will attempt the interview walk-in as the last desperate measure. This is based on the observation that issued visas are increasing max by 3000 per week and last year the visas were exhausted on September 6th and the Friday before that CEAK Data for 2024 showed 52868 visas issued.

We would greatly really appreciate advice on the following question:

1. Does the logic above makes sense?

2. Is there anything else we can do to increase our changes getting the application approved?

3. Trying to understand whether we should try attempt interview walk-in even before CEAK data reaches 52500:

3.1 Assuming visas are not exhausted till September 23rd, background check is passed, and interview is successful - what could be the reason for the application not being approved immediately? What can we do from our side to get the application approved immediately?

3.2 Assuming application is approved immediately after the interview - will it mean that we are safe and visa exhaustion and September 30th deadline are not longer risks? Or is there any other step to get application finally adjudicated?

Hi, we are in a tricky situation. We've received the interview appointment in San Jose FO - date is September 23rd. I feel this is too risky - deadline is too close, just 1 week from this date. Tried to call USCIS support and reschedule but they told there is no way I can get an earlier appointment.

For now are planning to observe the data from DV2024 CEAC Data weekly and in case total Issued visas reaches 52500 or more we will attempt the interview walk-in as the last desperate measure. This is based on the observation that issued visas are increasing max by 3000 per week and last year the visas were exhausted on September 6th and the Friday before that CEAK Data for 2024 showed 52868 visas issued.

2. Is there anything else we can do to increase our changes getting the application approved?

3. Trying to understand whether we should try attempt interview walk-in even before CEAK data reaches 52500:

3.1 Assuming visas are not exhausted till September 23rd, background check is passed, and interview is successful - what could be the reason for the application not being approved immediately? What can we do from our side to get the application approved immediately?

3.2 Assuming application is approved immediately after the interview - will it mean that we are safe and visa exhaustion and September 30th deadline are not longer risks? Or is there any other step to get application finally adjudicated?
3. Unlike the bio capture, you can’t do a walk-in for the interview because:
a) only specific IOs gets tasked with processing DV based AOS applications because of the unique nature of such applications,
b) the IO is supposed to have the physical AOS case file in front of them while conducting the interview.
You however can attempt a visit to the FO to try and obtain an earlier interview date (assuming the security guards allow you into the premises).
3.1. Pending KCC case file. The IO needing time to do additional review prior to approval. A supervisory review may be required.
3.2. You will know for certain when you receive the physical GC in the mail.

How many visas have already been issued?

3. Unlike the bio capture, you can’t do a walk-in for the interview because:
a) only specific IOs gets tasked with processing DV based AOS applications because of the unique nature of such applications,
b) the IO is supposed to have the physical AOS case file in front of them while conducting the interview.
You however can attempt a visit to the FO to try and obtain an earlier interview date (assuming the security guards allow you into the premises).
3.1. Pending KCC case file. The IO needing time to do additional review prior to approval. A supervisory review may be required.
3.2. You will know for certain when you receive the physical GC in the mail.
Thanks so much Mom for the clarification, you are most helpful as usual! Will try to get the earlier date then by visiting FO.

Thanks so much Mom for the clarification, you are most helpful as usual! Will try to get the earlier date then by visiting FO.
Adding a quick clarification to my earlier response re visiting your FO. When making the visit to your FO, you and your derivatives (if you have any) should go fully prepared like you would for an interview - one or two case who made similar visits years back were asked to wait in the lobby for a couple of hours following which they got interviewed the same day.

Emma/Frontline agents have no way of knowing, they have no access to applicants detailed case files.

It’s less than a week since you completed your interview, so being patient is what I think you should be/do for now. There’s nothing a congressional inquiry can do about a case with a pending background check clearance.
Hi Mom, I think you confused my case. I was not yet interviewed so posting the question again.

Last time officer just called us to get our missing documents and inquire about our wedding etc on August 27th. I wrote an email to the officer on Tuesday to follow up on my case but no luck. I also have his phone number with which he called me 2 times. Do you think it is wise to call his number directly in the working hours? Or I should just avoid calling and submit the congressional inquiry?

Hi Mom, I think you confused my case. I was not yet interviewed so posting the question again.

Last time officer just called us to get our missing documents and inquire about our wedding etc on August 27th. I wrote an email to the officer on Tuesday to follow up on my case but no luck. I also have his phone number with which he called me 2 times. Do you think it is wise to call his number directly in the working hours? Or I should just avoid calling and submit the congressional inquiry?
Ma bad with the mix-up. You can try calling the number.

Dear Sm1smom,
If in case i dont see any updates on my case can I message officer who interviewed me to see whats going on. I found her personal Facebook page and If i send message at least she will see it there even if she doesn't respond. Thanks

Dear Sm1smom,
If in case i dont see any updates on my case can I message officer who interviewed me to see whats going on. I found her personal Facebook page and If i send message at least she will see it there even if she doesn't respond. Thanks
Absolute No! No!

Public officials’ lives do not revolve 24/7 around the lives of the people they serve. Respect their privacy please!

I lost my passport, but I have scanned the front where my personal information and the US entry stamp are. USA, do you think it's something really serious that can harm my years? I have the declaration of loss of passport from the authorities

I lost my passport, but I have scanned the front where my personal information and the US entry stamp are. USA, do you think it's something really serious that can harm my years? I have the declaration of loss of passport from the authorities
I don’t know.

Was it the first application, or the second one that was approved?
It was my first application that got approved. It was initially denied due to early filing then they reopened and reconsidered their decision though I didn't officially file to motion to reopen and reconsider (I didn't file an I-290B).

My best guess is the 2nd application might have triggered something with the first application. I also tried to reach out to USCIS and explained them about my 1st denied application but I can say I stopped chasing the 1st application relatively quick as I was afraid to make things worse for my 2nd application. It is difficult to know as to what was the most effective in getting them to approve the first application.