• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

That's ok.
I just had a look at your timeline and I don't want to preach but you can attempt an earlier bio walk-in date if you would like to. Many here, including me have done it. It is beneficial especially for cases that became current in September.

Yes, that's our original plan if we received the letter with our original scheduled appointment letter, which was on 9/19. Since the appointment was successfully rescheduled for tomorrow (9/10) via myUSCIS account today, we decided to just attend tomorrow's appointment.

You mentioned that you were able to get your bio electronic receipt after chatting EMMA. Did they send it by e-mail?
I did not mention that, that would be someone else I guess.
I was suggesting to the user (hamptoevan) to attempt a walk-in for the bio and not wait for the scheduled date. I did a walk in, did not do a electronic receipt by emma.

I did not mention that, that would be someone else I guess.
I was suggesting to the user (hamptoevan) to attempt a walk-in for the bio and not wait for the scheduled date. I did a walk in, did not do a electronic receipt by emma.
Oh, I am sorry, I thought it was you.

Can you help, how did you manager to get the electronic receipt. I am in the same situation as you. Waiting for bio. When I connect with EMMa is trying to connect with live agent but so far was not able to connect.
Can you give the step you took it will be helpful
You mentioned that you were able to get your bio electronic receipt after chatting EMMA. Did they send it by e-mail?

Just trying to get the live agent via EMMA. I find it is usually less wait in the morning.

I first asked the live agent whether my bio appointment was scheduled and when is the appointment. Once the live agent confirmed it had been scheduled. I explained to the live agent my situation (DV-2024 and it is approaching to the deadline) and asked if it is possible to receive the electronic appointment notice. The live agent opened a request for me and the notice was sent to my email address in 5 min.

In my husband's case, he is not as lucky as I am. His live agent insisted that he needed to wait until he confirmed that the mail got lost even though he had already explained the situation. Therefore, I searched the appointment availability in USCIS account and found that there were open time slots tomorrow. Therefore, I just submitted the rescheduling requests for both of us. And by no time, almost immediately, we got the notice via email.

From history, it seems the rescheduling is not suggested. So, I think connecting with a live agent and then asking for electronic notice should be sufficient.

Just trying to get the live agent via EMMA. I find it is usually less wait in the morning.

I first asked the live agent whether my bio appointment was scheduled and when is the appointment. Once the live agent confirmed it had been scheduled. I explained to the live agent my situation (DV-2024 and it is approaching to the deadline) and asked if it is possible to receive the electronic appointment notice. The live agent opened a request for me and the notice was sent to my email address in 5 min.

In my husband's case, he is not as lucky as I am. His live agent insisted that he needed to wait until he confirmed that the mail got lost even though he had already explained the situation. Therefore, I searched the appointment availability in USCIS account and found that there were open time slots tomorrow. Therefore, I just submitted the rescheduling requests for both of us. And by no time, almost immediately, we got the notice via email.

From history, it seems the rescheduling is not suggested. So, I think connecting with a live agent and then asking for electronic notice should be sufficient.
I just contacted the live agent and the live agent opened request but said that I will recieve electronic notice within 24hours. Did they said you something like that?
Should I try to connect again and ask if it is possible to speed up?

I just contacted the live agent and the live agent opened request but said that I will recieve electronic notice within 24hours. Did they said you something like that?
Should I try to connect again and ask if it is possible to speed up?
Yes, the agent says it will take 24 hours but I received the notice in 5 min after the chat was ended.

Thank you much. I was able to have my Bio date via the agent. With the date and my receipt number I was able to reschedule my appointment from 09/23 to 09/10 for my family and I. Thank you so much for this it helped me a lot.
Any idea to get an expedite interview now. I reached out to congressman but no update for now.

I have question about this part of the i485. My wife has a PHD and sent a i140 in order to get Green Card through EB2 (that was before I was current for EU45k). A i140 form shows immigration intent, but is it really an immigrant visa? Should she mention it during interview if they ask her the question (I am the principal applicant for the DV2024)?

1725937650327.png

I have question about this part of the i485. My wife has a PHD and sent a i140 in order to get Green Card through EB2 (that was before I was current for EU45k). A i140 form shows immigration intent, but is it really an immigrant visa? Should she mention it during interview if they ask her the question (I am the principal applicatant for the DV2024)?

View attachment 5098
I applied as eb2 niw and as soon as my wife won dvlottery I withdraw my application . I answered no to this question and at interview I was asked if I ever sent i140 in which I said yes I did eb2 niw then withdraw it .so I answered NO to that question on form

I have question about this part of the i485. My wife has a PHD and sent a i140 in order to get Green Card through EB2 (that was before I was current for EU45k). A i140 form shows immigration intent, but is it really an immigrant visa? Should she mention it during interview if they ask her the question (I am the principal applicant for the DV2024)?

View attachment 5098
Form I140 is a petition form submitted USCIS, and not an application form as in form DS260 used in filing for an IV at a US Embassy or Consulate abroad. So the correct answer to that question should be NO if she never submitted form DS260 with the I140 as the underlying petition. However if questions about the I140 comes up during the interview, she should truthfully answer. Outside of that, don’t volunteer answers to any questions not asked.

I applied as eb2 niw and as soon as my wife won dvlottery I withdraw my application . I answered no to this question and at interview I was asked if I ever sent i140 in which I said yes I did eb2 niw then withdraw it .so I answered NO to that question on form
The right response to the question is NO, like you answered, even if the I140 was never withdrawn.

I applied as eb2 niw and as soon as my wife won dvlottery I withdraw my application . I answered no to this question

The right response to the question is NO, like you answered, even if the I140 was never withdrawn.

Also just to point out, that if a question is “have you ever…”, withdrawing something does not change the answer from yes to no if unlike here it was actually a yes answer.

Tampa FO interview experience. 9/10 overall, don’t stress be prepared and you will do just fine. Officer was very nice. We arrived at 6:45 for 7 am appointment got let in at 7:45 for the interview. She took our oath and reviewed all original documents. Then asked all yes/no i485 questions. She was doing something in the system for quite an awhile. The entire process took about 45 min. At the end of interview she said congratulations you are approved and new card will arrive in 30 days.

We checked our UsCIS online account and in the status it still says ‘interview completed and case is in review’ is this normal ? When or will it change to ‘card being produced’?

Tampa FO interview experience. 9/10 overall, don’t stress be prepared and you will do just fine. Officer was very nice. We arrived at 6:45 for 7 am appointment got let in at 7:45 for the interview. She took our oath and reviewed all original documents. Then asked all yes/no i485 questions. She was doing something in the system for quite an awhile. The entire process took about 45 min. At the end of interview she said congratulations you are approved and new card will arrive in 30 days.

We checked our UsCIS online account and in the status it still says ‘interview completed and case is in review’ is this normal ? When or will it change to ‘card being produced’?
Yes, quite normal.
Could be in the next couple of minutes/hours, or could be several days.

Hey congratulations, I am in Tampa as when, do you know if there were people without interview notice that were let in?

I didn’t see any. All that were in line in front of me had an interview letter. Security guards are really nice though, so maybe worth trying.
You have your FO listed as Chicago IL on the Timeline spreadsheet. Can you confirm if the FO where you had your interview was Chicago IL, or Tampa FL?