• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Good morning, my CN is 2024AS26xxx. Me(principal applicant)and my wife(beneficiary) applied for AOS. Sent our package with both i485's on August 21. Got 2 receipts saying your case was received on August 22nd. When I check the case status online, mine shows biometrics were added to the case from previous records as of August 29th. I also received a notice saying the same. My wife case is still showing case was received on August 22nd. Me and her both gave biometrics in 2022 for a different case of hers. I don't know why her biometrics weren't added. Should I try reaching out to my area's house representative? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Good morning, my CN is 2024AS26xxx. Me(principal applicant)and my wife(beneficiary) applied for AOS. Sent our package with both i485's on August 21. Got 2 receipts saying your case was received on August 22nd. When I check the case status online, mine shows biometrics were added to the case from previous records as of August 29th. I also received a notice saying the same. My wife case is still showing case was received on August 22nd. Me and her both gave biometrics in 2022 for a different case of hers. I don't know why her biometrics weren't added. Should I try reaching out to my area's house representative? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Have she tried contacting USCIS either by phone or via Emma to get a status update on her case?

Have she tried contacting USCIS either by phone or via Emma to get a status update on her case?
Yes, actually we both did. She was able to connect to an agent through Emma and she told that her biometrics appointment is scheduled for 9/19. As for my case, the reply I got from a live agent through Emma was that my case is still processing just fine. There are not any holds or anything on the case. What would you advise me to do from here? I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Just trying to get the live agent via EMMA. I find it is usually less wait in the morning.

I first asked the live agent whether my bio appointment was scheduled and when is the appointment. Once the live agent confirmed it had been scheduled. I explained to the live agent my situation (DV-2024 and it is approaching to the deadline) and asked if it is possible to receive the electronic appointment notice. The live agent opened a request for me and the notice was sent to my email address in 5 min.

In my husband's case, he is not as lucky as I am. His live agent insisted that he needed to wait until he confirmed that the mail got lost even though he had already explained the situation. Therefore, I searched the appointment availability in USCIS account and found that there were open time slots tomorrow. Therefore, I just submitted the rescheduling requests for both of us. And by no time, almost immediately, we got the notice via email.

From history, it seems the rescheduling is not suggested. So, I think connecting with a live agent and then asking for electronic notice should be sufficient.
Thank you for this! I was able to reschedule my wife's bio from 9/19 to 9/11 tomorrow!

Yes, actually we both did. She was able to connect to an agent through Emma and she told that her biometrics appointment is scheduled for 9/19. As for my case, the reply I got from a live agent through Emma was that my case is still processing just fine. There are not any holds or anything on the case. What would you advise me to do from here? I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
My recommendation was going to be for your wife to reschedule the bio appointment right away since you already have the date, but I see you already did that.

Thank you for this! I was able to reschedule my wife's bio from 9/19 to 9/11 tomorrow!

Next step, add your case to the Timeline spreadsheet for us to have a better insight and possible provide more guidance.

From history, it seems the rescheduling is not suggested. So, I think connecting with a live agent and then asking for electronic notice should be sufficient.
Yeah rescheduling wasn’t recommended in the past because applicants weren’t able to do so directly. Rescheduling the bio appointment in the past required calling the USCIS customer service number to make the request, and waiting for a new bio letter with a future appointment date.

Applicants being able to do so now directly from their USCIS account is a game changer, which is even better than trying to do a walk-in.

Yes, actually we both did. She was able to connect to an agent through Emma and she told that her biometrics appointment is scheduled for 9/19. As for my case, the reply I got from a live agent through Emma was that my case is still processing just fine. There are not any holds or anything on the case. What would you advise me to do from here? I really appreciate your help. Thank y

My recommendation was going to be for your wife to reschedule the bio appointment right away since you already have the date, but I see you already did that.

Next step, add your case to the Timeline spreadsheet for us to have a better insight and possible provide more guidance.
I did add my case to the timeline spreadsheet.

Hello,
I really appreciate all your advice. My husband and I have done our biometric appointment on 29/08. I talked to Emma live agent to see if there is any update. He said nothing the last update was biometric received. Also, he said he doesn't know if the biometric screen is finished. We just worried that we will not able to get interviewed before the end of the month. Is there anything we can do ????

Hello,
I really appreciate all your advice. My husband and I have done our biometric appointment on 29/08. I talked to Emma live agent to see if there is any update. He said nothing the last update was biometric received. Also, he said he doesn't know if the biometric screen is finished. We just worried that we will not able to get interviewed before the end of the month. Is there anything we can do ????
Add your case to the Timeline spreadsheet to provide us with better insight into your case.

Hi everyone. I'm looking for advice on what I can do next. I submitted a congressional inquiry on August 30th, two weeks after my biometrics walk-in. I received a response the following Tuesday (9/3), saying that the Congressman had contacted USCIS on behalf of my case. It has been almost four weeks since my biometrics walk-in (8/16). The last update from the EMMA agent was that my case had been transferred to the Los Angeles FO on September 5th (9/5). Given the time crunch, what else can I do to contact USCIS to check in about my case? Should I submit an additional congressional inquiry? I'm very worried.

Hi everyone. I'm looking for advice on what I can do next. I submitted a congressional inquiry on August 30th, two weeks after my biometrics walk-in. I received a response the following Tuesday (9/3), saying that the Congressman had contacted USCIS on behalf of my case. It has been almost four weeks since my biometrics walk-in (8/16). The last update from the EMMA agent was that my case had been transferred to the Los Angeles FO on September 5th (9/5). Given the time crunch, what else can I do to contact USCIS to check in about my case? Should I submit an additional congressional inquiry? I'm very worried.
You can follow-up with your congressional office to see if there's any new update from USCIS.

Got my approval notice and green card in the mail today. After submitting my application for DV2023 and just missing out because of the early visa exhaustion, I am SO happy to have the card in my hand! A huge thank you to @Sm1smom - your help has been invaluable. Best of luck to everyone else for the remaining few weeks!

Got my approval notice and green card in the mail today. After submitting my application for DV2023 and just missing out because of the early visa exhaustion, I am SO happy to have the card in my hand! A huge thank you to @Sm1smom - your help has been invaluable. Best of luck to everyone else for the remaining few weeks!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

1726006991521.gif

Congratulations. Have you finally got approval for dv2024 or dv2023?

Hi mom,

What could be the reason for a case to be held with no update? I tried calling and emailing the officer who called me but no update. Dead silence. Is there anything else I can do you can think of?

That’s crazy! You deserved it!

Hi mom,

What could be the reason for a case to be held with no update? I tried calling and emailing the officer who called me but no update. Dead silence. Is there anything else I can do you can think of?
Do take a look at the FAQ tab of the AOS Process spreadsheet please.