• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

Had my interview today at the New York FO. There is an entrance with a line of people on Worth St, but you have to walk around to Broadway for the correct entrance for USCIS. I had to explain to the security guard at the entrance that I was phoned with an interview time but I didn't have the letter (I can see via informed delivery it will arrive later today). He let me in and there were about 10 people in front of me outside the building, and more inside. Once I got in through security I had to again explain I didn't have my letter and was told to try the 3rd floor. Apparently people who live in Manhattan are either interviewed on the 3rd or 7th floor. At the 3rd floor it took me a few minutes to convince the security guard to let me go talk to someone at a desk about my interview. They didn't have any record of me so told me to try the 7th floor. Went to the 7th floor and explained again to security there. Went to the window and gave my receipt number and they took my picture and fingerprints and instructed me to sit in the waiting area. After waiting a while I was called in. The woman who interviewed me is the same person who called me last week. She was very stoic and serious. She asked for my birth certificate and education diplomas. I didn't have the originals of the education ones since it was such short notice for the interview so she asked for the copies. Then we went through my i-485. Definitely study it before going in because she was asking about dates of things and specifics of what's on there. She asked me if I received the interview letter she sent me and I said no. Then she gave me a notice saying my case is being held for review. I clarified by asking about an approval and she just said I have to wait for a decision. Then she made a copy of my passport, and I asked her how long it usually takes to get a decision, and she said about a week. That was it.
Interview time: 9am
Arrived at the building: 8.15am
Got to the waiting room: 8.45am
Called in for the interview: 9.20am
Interview complete: 9.40am

Last edited:
Had my interview today at the New York FO. There is an entrance with a line of people on Worth St, but you have to walk around to Broadway for the correct entrance for USCIS. I had to explain to the security guard at the entrance that I was phoned with an interview time but I didn't have the letter (I can see via informed delivery it will arrive later today). He let me in and there were about 10 people in front of me outside the building, and more inside. Once I got in through security I had to again explain I didn't have my letter and was told to try the 3rd floor. Apparently people who live in Manhattan are either interviewed on the 3rd or 7th floor. At the 3rd floor it took me a few minutes to convince the security guard to let me go talk to someone at a desk about my interview. They didn't have any record of me so told me to try the 7th floor. Went to the 7th floor and explained again to security there. Went to the window and gave my receipt number and they took my picture and fingerprints and instructed me to sit in the waiting area. After waiting a while I was called in. The woman who interviewed me is the same person who called me last week. She was very stoic and serious. She asked for my birth certificate and education diplomas. I didn't have the originals of the education ones since it was such short notice for the interview so she asked for the copies. Then we went through my i-485. Definitely study it before going in because was asking about dates of things and specifics of what's on there. She asked me if I received the interview letter she sent me and I said no. Then she gave me a notice saying my case is being held for review. I clarified by asking about an approval and she just said I have to wait for a decision. Then she made a copy of my passport, and I asked her how long it usually takes to get a decision, and she said about a week. That was it.
Update: just checked my online case status and it has changed to 'new card is being produced'! Yay!

Last edited:
Contacted USCIS again and the agent there said case is still at the NBC and still processing. Biometric was waived but I think visa might be exhausted before I can get an interview appointment. Just gonna take it easy and not think about it anymore at this point. Hoping everyone can finish their cases before September 30th.

Had my interview today at the New York FO. There is an entrance with a line of people on Worth St, but you have to walk around to Broadway for the correct entrance for USCIS. I had to explain to the security guard at the entrance that I was phoned with an interview time but I didn't have the letter (I can see via informed delivery it will arrive later today). He let me in and there were about 10 people in front of me outside the building, and more inside. Once I got in through security I had to again explain I didn't have my letter and was told to try the 3rd floor. Apparently people who live in Manhattan are either interviewed on the 3rd or 7th floor. At the 3rd floor it took me a few minutes to convince the security guard to let me go talk to someone at a desk about my interview. They didn't have any record of me so told me to try the 7th floor. Went to the 7th floor and explained again to security there. Went to the window and gave my receipt number and they took my picture and fingerprints and instructed me to sit in the waiting area. After waiting a while I was called in. The woman who interviewed me is the same person who called me last week. She was very stoic and serious. She asked for my birth certificate and education diplomas. I didn't have the originals of the education ones since it was such short notice for the interview so she asked for the copies. Then we went through my i-485. Definitely study it before going in because she was asking about dates of things and specifics of what's on there. She asked me if I received the interview letter she sent me and I said no. Then she gave me a notice saying my case is being held for review. I clarified by asking about an approval and she just said I have to wait for a decision. Then she made a copy of my passport, and I asked her how long it usually takes to get a decision, and she said about a week. That was it.
Good for you. So you did your interview and bio at the same time ?

Had Interview today in San Diego. The officer was very nice and she asked for original documents which I submitted. After that she asked i485 questions and said everything looks good but FBi namecheck is not complete yet and she ll request it to be expediated. She told us to keep checking online within one week.
Did anyone had issue with FBI namecheck? my biometric background had been cleared but namecheck is pending still.

Contacted USCIS again and the agent there said case is still at the NBC and still processing. Biometric was waived but I think visa might be exhausted before I can get an interview appointment. Just gonna take it easy and not think about it anymore at this point. Hoping everyone can finish their cases before September 30th.
Try contacting your local congressman.

Did you initial package get sent back, or how did you resolve the AOS filing fee issue which was not included with the package?

p.s. do add you case to the timeline spreadsheet.

Did you initial package get sent back, or how did you resolve the AOS filing fee issue which was not included with the package?

p.s. do add you case to the timeline spreadsheet.
It got sent back pretty quick luckily considering there was no way for them to process the AOS. And I'll add to the timeline spreadsheet too.

Had Interview today in San Diego. The officer was very nice and she asked for original documents which I submitted. After that she asked i485 questions and said everything looks good but FBi namecheck is not complete yet and she ll request it to be expediated. She told us to keep checking online within one week.
Did anyone had issue with FBI namecheck? my biometric background had been cleared but namecheck is pending still.
The FBI name check is part of the entire background check. So it looks like you background check clearance is still pending.

The FBI name check is part of the entire background check. So it looks like you background check clearance is still pending.
The officer told me that FBI background check is complete and only namecheck is pending. I didnt know there is difference. Also Do you know how long it usually take if officer requests expediation? Thanks