• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2024 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Process Only

OK I'll do but don't you have any advice for me?
I prefer to help folks who are willing to help others, and not just those who simply wish to have their questions answered while benefitting from others. I stopped answering your questions directly since July 12th when you were asked to add your case to the Timeline spreadsheet, and you never bothered to do so.

I prefer to help folks who are willing to help others, and not just those who simply wish to have their questions answered while benefitting from others. I stopped answering your questions directly since July 12th when you were asked to add your case to the Timeline spreadsheet, and you never bothered to do so.
I tried but I'm not good in computer stuff, any how I finally found the request bottom and clicked on that, now what should I do?

Hello,
I have question as I have done my biometric appointment. I have noticed my husband case was updated while mine nothing. So I talked to Emma and the live agent told me that my finger print was taken and he said that you are still waiting for the decision to be made. I don't understand what he means. I thought the next step is the interview????

Hello,
I have question as I have done my biometric appointment. I have noticed my husband case was updated while mine nothing. So I talked to Emma and the live agent told me that my finger print was taken and he said that you are still waiting for the decision to be made. I don't understand what he means. I thought the next step is the interview????
Some FOs will wait until the background check has cleared before scheduling the interview, so may be your background check clearance is still pending.

Do add your case to the Timeline spreadsheet in order for us to have a better insight into your case progress.

It is normal to not see any update until after the case has been adjudicated. The response you received indicates your FO is aware of your application as a DV based application. You can follow-up with your congress-person's and request they assist with obtaining the IL details if the interview has been scheduled as you're yet to receive any IL. You can also contact a USCIS agent via Emma to find out if they're able to see your IL/details.

p.s. you're missing some pertinent details on the Timeline spreadsheet - can you please update those? You can guesstimate any of the dates you no longer remember.
Thank you and yes, I've done

Do you think that I need a lawyer at this time, and is there anything that a lawyer can do for my case? Something really effective
Let me turn the question around to you and ask you: what precisely do you think a lawyer can do for you at this point?

Do you think that I need a lawyer at this time, and is there anything that a lawyer can do for my case? Something really effective
Like mom would say, you just have to wait while the congressman's office intervenes. Alternatively, you could request an InfoPass appointment, which might give you a chance to speak with someone at your local field office. However, this is quite difficult, and they will likely refuse to disclose any information (a friend of mine tried this before).